The Curse of the Gypsies

Malagaram

1.Can anyone tell me more about the curse,I know it happened while we were playing at The Baseball Ground,but was the curse on the ground only,or did it encompass the whole of DCFC,owners,players,playing staff etc.

2.How long was this curse placed for ?

3.was the said curse exorcised,and if so was the exorscism carried out by a priest,or a white witch,or some other source.

4.Is it still possible that the effects of the said curse is still having an effect,just think back to all the bad luck we have been having.

5. Anyone else think it might be an idea to have all parts of Pride Park blessed by a priest,holy water,prayers etc.

And before any one questions my sanity,I am of a sound mind,ideas anyone

7 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

1.Can anyone tell me more about the curse,I know it happened while we were playing at The Baseball Ground,but was the curse on the ground only,or did it encompass the whole of DCFC,owners,players,playing staff etc.

3.was the said curse exorcised,and if so was the exorscism carried out by a priest,or a white witch,or some other source.

4.Is it still possible that the effects of the said curse is still having an effect,just think back to all the bad luck we have been having.

5. Anyone else think it might be an idea to have all parts of Pride Park blessed by a priest,holy water,prayers etc.

The only Idea I have is for you to get your bumps felt.

Maybe the curse has not been fully lifted. Leicester’s team were blessed by Buddhist monks before their title win. Think Birmingham had a curse too, didn’t Barry Fry try and urinate in the grounds to lift it? 

We could get into voodoo maybe, with representations of all opponents (especially Gibson) and try and alleviate it that way by giving teams worse luck?

Alternatively maybe Rooney could get a ouija board out and thrash out a deal with whatever demons are still haunting this place.  

23 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Maybe the curse has not been fully lifted. Leicester’s team were blessed by Buddhist monks before their title win. Think Birmingham had a curse too, didn’t Barry Fry try and urinate in the grounds to lift it? 

We could get into voodoo maybe, with representations of all opponents (especially Gibson) and try and alleviate it that way by giving teams worse luck?

Alternatively maybe Rooney could get a ouija board out and thrash out a deal with whatever demons are still haunting this place.  

No ouija boards worest thing you can do it can release more evil spirts.

17 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It opens gateways like portals they are things not to be messed with if you watch paromarol programs you soon learn that it can bring more evil spirts in special if you can parnomarel activity in and make things 10 times worse.

I know!

23 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It opens gateways like portals they are things not to be messed with if you watch paromarol programs you soon learn that it can bring more evil spirts in special if you can parnomarel activity in and make things 10 times worse.

10 times worse, that would be a 120 point deduction!!! We’d be pushing to stay up that many points behind…..

3 hours ago, Malagaram said:

The "curse" was exorcised by a "white witch" - seriously -  and featured in the Ram newspaper following the home victory in which Alan Biley scored his first goal goal (a diving header at the near post at the Ossie End from a cross by David Langan from the wide right area. The spot from which Langan crossed was identified as the "source" of the curse laid down by the "Gypsies" and was the spot where the white witch "could feel" the source emanating. The Ram newspaper had a picture of the spot. The white witch (was her name Eileen?) buried a silver medallion* at the spot to rid the spot of the curse! ). IIRC, it was a 3-1 victory versus Brighton(?) but I suspect @loweman2 has in his possession the Ram newspaper article as I think again IIRC that he has in the past put it on Twitter or posted it on here. This is all true and can be verified...I mean the "exorcism" not necessarily the curse! That would have been the 1979/80 season - "We'll be back in '81!").   

ps The "curse" only related to the BBG - as it was the site from which the Gypsies were forcibly removed so doesn't "transfer" to Pride Park. And of course, the Gypsy curse said Derby would never ever win anything because of their treatment and the curse - but of course that was falsified by us winning 1969, 1971, and 1974/5. 

ps2 * He's probably also got the medallion in his possession! ?

Edited by Ellafella

21 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Jagielka (possessed by demons) remains a doubt for the Rams' clash with Preston at Deepdale following a training ground incident, after evil spirits were summoned in the Moor far canteen in a squad-bonding exercise. 

Sausage ghosts.