Tickets on sale

Foreveram

3 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Am having a hissy fit over the Reading tickets. The club website has been updated to say pay on the day not available. Even now, however, information on ticketing for the game isn't listed under away games in the ticket section, only the Coventry FA Cup one is. They've put it in the 'breaking news' list so it's not apparent without scrolling through match reports, player interviews etc.

As I felt sorry for our plight at the start of the season I even became a member and one of the benefits was priority on tickets, and I can't recall getting an email, and can't find one doing a search of them, on Reading tickets and when they can be bought.

It would have been three of us going but I can't justify the time or petrol to drive to Derby to buy from our ticket office now. A right old sulk coming on as I would have bought them on Monday when up for the WBA game but made the incorrect assumption they were being left for pay on the day due to Covid uncertainties in case the game was called off.

I’m with you mate. Looked in vain for details on the website. Phoned the office and was told collection only. I live in Bristol so that’s not an option. 

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m with you mate. Looked in vain for details on the website. Phoned the office and was told collection only. I live in Bristol so that’s not an option. 

I can see the club makes it clear it's Reading's decision not to make pay on the day available. However warning fans of the only two day window for tickets to be generally available online from 20th to 22nd December would have been nice, without having to do a deep dive of the club website to try and find this out in a non-ticketing info section whenever it was put there.

5 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

I can see the club makes it clear it's Reading's decision not to make pay on the day available. However warning fans of the only two day window for tickets to be generally available online from 20th to 22nd December would have been nice, without having to do a deep dive of the club website to try and find this out in a non-ticketing info section whenever it was put there.

Particularly at a time when there’s so much uncertainty. I still have a ticket for the Cardiff game which I may not get chance to redeem. I left it a bit later than usual for the Reading game in case any new restrictions were imposed and now I can’t support the team.

I’m howling at the moon I know but it helps ?

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Particularly at a time when there’s so much uncertainty. I still have a ticket for the Cardiff game which I may not get chance to redeem. I left it a bit later than usual for the Reading game in case any new restrictions were imposed and now I can’t support the team.

I’m howling at the moon I know but it helps ?

Yeah, sorry you can't make it either. 

There does seem to be an assumption that Derby fans live in the city and can pop down to the ticket office at will. A bit like with the season ticket fiasco as these initially only could be picked up in person, then the club relented and offered a postal option after the issues this caused.

I do wonder with the club in administration and people having sadly lost their jobs, if the website and ticket office are being run on bare bones and this is now impacting supporters in the day to day practicalities like this.

16 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

The information was on the club website on the latest news and on the tickets page with the on sale dates for all categories on the 13th December. I also gave a heads up on this thread on the same date. The club are constrained by the holiday posting times to get tickets out and are still available for collection. It’s Readings decision not to sell on the day, not sure what else the club can do.

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I reckon the Reading game will be called off anyway. They don't seem to be interested in playing any more games until their best players are fit again! 

They have 40 players listed for their first team and under 23s, you would hope they could find 14 fit players from them.

In fairness to people having trouble getting tickets there do seem to be issues surrounding communication. A bit like with the stoke tickets going off sale on the website but available to buy at the ticket office. There wasn't a ton of warning about that and I could easily have been caught out if I wasn't quite eager to get a pair. You'd think given tickets are the main revenue stream for the club they'd prioritise making them as easy to purchase as possible and blitz social media with ready information. 

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

The information was on the club website on the latest news and on the tickets page with the on sale dates for all categories on the 13th December. I also gave a heads up on this thread on the same date. The club are constrained by the holiday posting times to get tickets out and are still available for collection. It’s Readings decision not to sell on the day, not sure what else the club can do.

Yes my fault for missing the ticketing info when it was released but looks like I'm not the only one. Have learned my lesson and will keep a keener eye out for updates on away games I want to get to.

I'm not sure when the Reading ticket info was taken off the club website away ticket section though, but I can almost be positive I looked at this before coming up on Monday for the WBA game and saw there was no mention of the Reading game and so thought tickets hadn't been released yet due to so many games being called off. It seems a bit odd to take off ticket purchase info from the ticket section of the club website when they are still available to buy in person.

I missed your post on this thread and can see this forum is good for not having large numbers of threads on individual topics, but unless each thread is gone through meticulously then it is easy not to see a particular post. If there was a thread titled 'Reading tickets now for sale for idiots who have missed this update on the club website' then I might have paid more attention!

It certainly confused me.  My lad has been begging me to take him to an away game for some time, and Stoke being close ish and we are off school and work ATM thought it was an ideal game to take him to.  But when I went of the website there was no mention of them still being on sale or even a “place holder” to suggest that you could still buy in person, so I thought ho hum, never mind.  It’s only when Mrs. Andrew1 saw it on Facebook and told me that they were still available did I go and buy tickets…

It's a shame that the club doesn't just go with the flow, give the fans what they want, and offer a postal service for match tickets.
At least then, fans would be able to blame someone else, when they are still unable to go, due to said time-sensitive tickets being held up in the post.

*This sarcastic post was written with full first hand experience of using the Royal Mail Standard Delivery system (inc. "Proof of postage" on a regular and often basis over the past 24 months (and particularly the past 6 months, which have been nothing short of "Atrocious"!).  Royal Mail are solely responsible for Muckerette's Etsy business customer ratings dropping to 95%.  She is miffed!  Alternative options are not financially viable for small ticket items, and customers (understandably) don't appear to want to almost double the item cost, to ensure a more reliable delivery.

#royalmailsucks ?

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It's a shame that the club doesn't just go with the flow, give the fans what they want, and offer a postal service for match tickets.
At least then, fans would be able to blame someone else, when they are still unable to go, due to said time-sensitive tickets being held up in the post.

*This sarcastic post was written with full first hand experience of using the Royal Mail Standard Delivery system (inc. "Proof of postage" on a regular and often basis over the past 24 months (and particularly the past 6 months, which have been nothing short of "Atrocious"!).  Royal Mail are solely responsible for Muckerette's Etsy business customer ratings dropping to 95%.  She is miffed!  Alternative options are not financially viable for small ticket items, and customers (understandably) don't appear to want to almost double the item cost, to ensure a more reliable delivery.

#royalmailsucks ?

Sorry, not great when postal issues mess up a business. I've bought away tickets by post for many years from Derby and ?not had an issue yet.

I can completely understand the club does not want to risk the Christmas post and have to deal with supporters whose tickets haven't arrived in time. However just having the match listed on the away ticket section of the club website rather than remove it from there, with the info that tickets can be picked up in person from Pride Park, would have meant more away fans would be going next Monday than is the case.

13 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Sorry, not great when postal issues mess up a business. I've bought away tickets by post for many years from Derby and ?not had an issue yet.

I can completely understand the club does not want to risk the Christmas post and have to deal with supporters whose tickets haven't arrived in time. However just having the match listed on the away ticket section of the club website rather than remove it from there, with the info that tickets can be picked up in person from Pride Park, would have meant more away fans would be going next Monday than is the case.

It is item one on latest news on the club website, tickets for Reading available for collection until  tomorrow 

12 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

It is item one on latest news on the club website, tickets for Reading available for collection until  tomorrow 

That's because the item has been updated 3 hours ago and so has been moved up the 'latest news' list! Before this it was behind post match reaction to the WBA game etc.

38 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Absolutely gutted by this. My mate and I held off on buying Reading tickets because of the uncertainty over the govt bringing in restrictions and now because we don’t live in Derby we miss out on our nearest away game! Surely a ‘print your own ticket’ option could have been arranged between the clubs? 

It does seem faintly archaic that away tickets can't be printed or downloaded on mobiles. Clubs seem to want to lessen their environmental impact and this would make a small difference. I know I can't preach given the amount of travelling I do mostly for home games, but that's another matter...

Can understand you being gutted. My son lives in Reading and comes to a few Derby games with me, and it would have been good to meet up with him for this.

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Can I just clarify the stoke city tickets situation....are they available tonight at the ground?

Ive got mine but our nephew wants to come along with us and watch 

Sadly no pay on the day for Derby fans at Stoke tonight either.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/12/ticket-information-stoke-city-a