How Many Points Has The Embargo Cost Us

ram59

Looking at the results so far, how many more points are we have likely to have gained, if we had had a decent strength squad not affected by an embargo?

Having another experienced striker on the bench would have likely changed the Peterborough result, probably resulting in an extra 3 points. The ability to have freshened things up may have helped in the other games where points were dropped.

I would say that without the embargo we would likely be 3 to 5 points better off this season and the longer it goes on, the bigger this punishment will be.

Edited by ram59
Clarity

Well Rooney said he'd had plenty of players texting him wanting to play for us. We've seen good players on our radar sign for other teams.

So I'd say not being able to sign a couple of strikers and young CBs has hit us very hard. I think there's a thread about being a goal-scorer short of a good squad, and I stick by that! ?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well Rooney said he'd had plenty of players texting him wanting to play for us. We've seen good players on our radar sign for other teams.

So I'd say not being able to sign a couple of strikers and young CBs has hit us very hard. I think there's a thread about being a goal-scorer short of a good squad, and I stick by that! ?

Sort of agree. Any of our half decent strikers from the last 20 years would transform this team. Raziak or strupar or hulse or Martin or vydra. Any of the above would add a minimum of 10 points over a season. IMO of course.