Shinnie 8

Morrison 6

Sibley 7

Jozwiak 7

Baldock 7

Forsyth 7

Stretton 6

Stearman 7

Roos 7 - Some of his kicking was iffy but he played well on the front foot.

Byrne 6 - Average performance, got caught out a few times with balls in behind and some poor crosses.

Buchanan 6.5 - Williams had the beating of him a few times but his shot set up the goal.

Davies 8 - Him and Jags were a great pair at the back, some really good defending from both of them today.

Jagielka 8 - Again, showed his experience on his debut, great stuff.

Bird 8.5 - Second half was the best we've seen him for a while, some of his passing through the lines was superb.

Shinnie 7 - Battling performance.

Morrison 6.5 - Everything pretty much went through him first half but second half started to tire and got a silly yellow.

Sibley 6 - Started the first half brightly but fizzled out. Towards the end of them game did some good stuff to get the ball up the pitch.

Jozwiak 7.5 - One of the best performances I've seen him play. Really unlucky not to get a goal.

Baldock 7.5 - Pressed well throughout the game and a difficult finish for the goal.

Forsyth 6 - Did okay when he came on.

Stretton 6 - Didn't really do much when he came on, was diffcult for him as we were pretty camped in our own half by the time he came on.

Stearman 6.5 - Some good stuff to help us defend for the last 10.

Roos - 7. Looks more comfortable and confident this season and managed his area well. A few iffy passes though. 

Byrne - 6. Some good and some not so good. Looks like he's still finding form. Needs to improve his crossing.

Buchanan 6.5. A terrific running battle with his Hull oppo, some he won, some he lost. Good to see him back in the team though 

Davies - 8. Headed and kicked, headed and kicked. Kicked and headed.

Jagielka 8. Same as CD, the pair of the them gave Hull nothing

Bird - 7.5 Grew into the game after a slow start, proved very important in the second half

Shinnie - 7.5 Some great ball winning challenges and harried well

Morrison - 8.5 Man of the match for me. Oozes class, covered every blade and kept Derby in possession and moving in the right direction. Noticeable how we struggled to keep the ball when he went off. 

Sibley - 6. Some good surges but flitted in and out of the game

Jozwiak - 7. Much better, Worked tirelessly and made a difference with the ball at his feet. Disappeared as the game wore on, but was probably out on his feet.

Baldock - 7.5. A slow start but grew into it, some great off the ball running to open space up, and showed a poacher's instinct this team has been lacking for a long time. 

Forsyth - 6 A sensible sub and did his job

Stretton - 6 Ran around, which is what we needed from him

Stearman - 6 - Stood in the way of things, which is what we needed from him.

What’s not to love about fan ratings.

As someone who wasn’t at the match last night and only listened to the match on and off due to ferrying my kids around, I rely on this to get a good idea of how the players fared.

So what am I to make of Kelle Roos’ performance ?‍♂️

He’s got a few 7’s, a few 6’s, a 4, a 5, some 5.5’s and a 6.5…

Any takers on an 8, or a 3?

Will the real Kelle Roos please step forward.

?

33 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

What’s not to love about fan ratings.

As someone who wasn’t at the match last night and only listened to the match on and off due to ferrying my kids around, I rely on this to get a good idea of how the players fared.

So what am I to make of Kelle Roos’ performance ?‍♂️

He’s got a few 7’s, a few 6’s, a 4, a 5, some 5.5’s and a 6.5…

Any takers on an 8, or a 3?

Will the real Kelle Roos please step forward.

?

More than happy to alter my 4 to a 3 . I really think he is poor , maybe I haven't forgiven him for his two Clangers at Wembley against villa 

23 minutes ago, Ratpackram said:

More than happy to alter my 4 to a 3 . I really think he is poor , maybe I haven't forgiven him for his two Clangers at Wembley against villa 

Time to let that go - he's a better keeper now, more confident. He commanded his area quite well last night.

34 minutes ago, Ratpackram said:

Not sure which match you were watching last night, but other than one poor distribution and releasing the ball when he landed hard after going over Huddlestone (which we were fortunately awarded a free-kick for) he didn't do a lot wrong. He's certainly more commanding in the air than he has been previously. We all know he's made mistakes in the past but at the minute he's doing a reasonable job.

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Time to let that go - he's a better keeper now, more confident. He commanded his area quite well last night.

He didn't, and he got extremely lucky on one occasion when given a foul for running straight at their striker trying to deal with the second ball. 

I want him to do well but he's the player that most causes me to panic whenever he's required to be involved in absolutely anything. 

Just now, mike93rh said:

He didn't, and he got extremely lucky on one occasion when given a foul for running straight at their striker trying to deal with the second ball. 

I want him to do well but he's the player that most causes me to panic whenever he's required to be involved in absolutely anything. 

He did he came out well for punches. You are basically panicking for the sake of it.

Roos 7 - although his Cruyff turn gave me a heart attack, he was pretty solid. Dealt with high balls fine & their few forays well

Byrne 7 - much better defensively than at the weekend & got forward a lot more. Still looks slightly muted compared to last season though

Buchanan 7 - just about managed to contain their right side although needed help from his winger. His driving run led to the goal

Davies 8 - excellent all game. Just knows where the danger is before it even happens & deals with it

Jagielka 8.5 - an excellent full debut. So much class on the ball & wins everything. Great signing

Bird 9 MOM - absolutely superb game. Bossed that midfield - passed through the lines & over the top to great effect, conducted everything & was fantastic defensively both with his interceptions & even a couple of meaty tackles

Shinnie 6 - had a weak first 30 mins where he nearly let their lad in down our left (but they over-ran it) & another poor pass a bit later getting us into trouble. Improved thereafter but his ponderous nature at odds with the fluidity around him. Obviously made a couple of crunching tackles late on which seems to have swayed some opinions on his display

Morrison 8 - such class on the ball, drifts around the pitch looking for space & so inventive. Too good for this division when he's on it

Sibley 7 - started well & liked his interplay with the other front players but faded as the match went on. Also felt he could have offered a little more defensive cover at times

Jozwiak 8 - well done Kamil - much much better that. A persistent pain for Hull especially first half, so unlucky to hit the post & panicked their back line with his direct running. Worked much harder defensively too

Baldock 8 - exactly the type of front man this system needs (and I say that as a massive Kazim fan). Worked hard, moved around constantly creating space & scored the all important winner

Forsyth, Stretton & Stearman - 6 - all did steady jobs coming off the bench to secure the win

52 minutes ago, Bad Sheep said:

Not sure which match you were watching last night, but other than one poor distribution and releasing the ball when he landed hard after going over Huddlestone (which we were fortunately awarded a free-kick for) he didn't do a lot wrong. He's certainly more commanding in the air than he has been previously. We all know he's made mistakes in the past but at the minute he's doing a reasonable job.

His distribution was awful as usual , he then manages to drop a ball after clattering into a static huddlestone . If that goes in , do we all say unlucky again ? He will cost us more points than he will be save us without doubt .  I'm fed up making excuses for a player that has spent almost a decade at the club and has progressed no further than an asthmatic ant carrying heavy shopping.

Having jagielka Infront of him will buy him a little more time but at a time when I should be looking at the positives and there are a few , I still have reservations about roos ever making the grade , Lawrence as our Captain and Kamil ever finding the back of the net 

#grumpyratpackram

Roos 6.5 - Not a lot do until late one, distribution has been better.

Byrne 7 - Much more solid performance today and looked more comfortable of what he was asked tactically

Buchanan 7 - His pace on the left really helped create width and his shot lead to the goal. Clearly tired quickly and their more to come from him.

Davies 7.5 - Other than an odd ropey pass was rock solid.

Jagielka 8.5 - Don't know what to add to what others have said. You can see why he played in the prem for as long as he did.

Bird 9 - MOM absolutely ran the show and was excellent defensively. The tactical/personnel tweaks really really benefited and allowed him to show what he's about.

Shinnie 6 - Better than against peterborough but a really mixed. Some good tackles and one decent pass but a lot of iffy play on the ball and got lucky to not get punished on a couple occasions. The tactical tweaks helped cover his defeciencies a little.

Morrison 7 - Looks better tactically suited to this role than Lawrence does, really good at getting into space. Would have been higher if he'd have made better decisions in the final third on a couple occasions.

Sibley 7 - We look better for him in the team, not as showy performance as sometimes we see from him but a lot of quality movement off the ball to open the game and a couple really good carries. Need to stick with him

Jozwiak 7.5 - Same as above but a bit brighter. Looked loads better on the left, looks a nightmare when he has time to accelerate and was linking the ball really well.

Baldock 8 - One of the big missing pieces in make working what Rooney wants. Really stretched the game and his movement created space. Will be occasionally frustrating with his finish but he should get others playing better

Forsyth 6.5 - Solid defensively, noticeably worse on the ball than Buchanan which hampered us a bit.

Stretton 6.5 - Worked his socks off the moment he came on and did all he could disrupt and give Hull something to think. Didn't have a huge amount to do.

Stearman 7 - Really solid cameo that helped see the game out. Couple key headers and interceptions.

Roos 6

Byrne 7

Buchanan 7

Davies 8

Jagielka 8

Bird 8

Shinnie 7

Morrison  7

Sibley 7

Jozwiak 7

Baldock 8

Forsyth 6