Jamie Ward

Carl Sagan

Loved Wardy.

He had skill for sure and turned it on many a time, loved it when he kicked the ball one side and ran round the other - but it was the cheeky grin and the choir boy look he gave to refs when he’d fouled someone .. innocent little me ref ? I’d never be involved in any afters, my mum thinks I’m an angel. NOT ?

My home town team, Buxton. I was surprised he's signed. I get up there a few times a season, but the 140 mile round trip's a bit daunting at my age. Winter trips have to be carefully considered, it being the highest ground in England.

The Chairman's very ambitious and seems set on improving the club, with some interesting player on the books. CB's name's Josh Granite, which seems fitting.

Viva Diego!

On 21/08/2021 at 23:47, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Massive fan of wardy,hoped he might of ended up here in some capacity,he loved being a Derby player.

I think he was still a regular behind the scenes at Derby pre-lockdown. I certainly saw him chatting in the players corridor outside the dressing rooms when I did the matchball presentation a couple of seasons ago and I was told then he was there most home matches.

Two things changed since then in that those sort of casual attendees won't currently be allowed (certainly no matchball presentations either) and there are very few, if any, players left at the club who he played with. Fozzy maybe?

51 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think he was still a regular behind the scenes at Derby pre-lockdown. I certainly saw him chatting in the players corridor outside the dressing rooms when I did the matchball presentation a couple of seasons ago and I was told then he was there most home matches.

Two things changed since then in that those sort of casual attendees won't currently be allowed (certainly no matchball presentations either) and there are very few, if any, players left at the club who he played with. Fozzy maybe?

Kelle Roos too, which seems a bit bizarre.

Did you know that Cleopatra's reign is closer to the present day than it was to the formation of the pyramids? It's a bit like that fact, only much more interesting.

13 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Did you know that Cleopatra's reign is closer to the present day than it was to the formation of the pyramids? It's a bit like that fact, only much more interesting.

Is Wisdom still cutting about the gaff? If so, him too. Might remember the likes of Sibley as a child too!

On 26/08/2021 at 09:05, Duracell said:

When I realized 1980 is as close to 1939 as it is to 2021 I was pretty horrified I can tell ya.

PS Love Wardy.

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

When I realized 1980 is as close to 1939 as it is to 2021 I was pretty horrified I can tell ya.

PS Love Wardy.

A couple of years ago I realised I was born (1969) nearer the end of WW2 than i was some of my fellow teachers birth dates. Old. 

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

PS Love Wardy.

I remember being a child in 1981 and thinking and Derby winning the FA Cup in 1946... 35 years earlier, ANCIENT HISTORY!.

yet here we are now 50 years since winning the league title ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...