Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Why in gods name would anyone want that. You can have Luton

Well, for the reasons mentioned.

I wouldn’t have minded Blackburn going up. But who else is around the playoffs? Millwall and Boro obviously not. Sheffield United, West Brom and Huddersfield have already had recent spells in the PL and are still carrying  parachute payments.

We don’t want yo-yo clubs as it will make our task of ever getting there even harder. What you want is teams coming down and struggling like Stoke and Cardiff, with both set to lose their parachute payments. Swansea another one.

Having Fulham, Bournemouth, Norwich, Watford, Sheffield United, Huddersfield, West Brom and potentially Burnley just bouncing between the leagues will just make the gap even bigger for us.

I have nothing against Huddersfield, but they seem like a well-run club so they have the potential to be another Norwich if they go up. Norwich under Dean Smith will easily be top two next season.

22 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I wouldn’t have minded Blackburn going up. But who else is around the playoffs? Millwall and Boro obviously not. Sheffield United, West Brom and Huddersfield have already had recent spells in the PL and are still carrying  parachute payments.

We don’t want yo-yo clubs as it will make our task of ever getting there even harder. What you want is teams coming down and struggling like Stoke and Cardiff, with both set to lose their parachute payments. Swansea another one.

Having Fulham, Bournemouth, Norwich, Watford, Sheffield United, Huddersfield, West Brom and potentially Burnley just bouncing between the leagues will just make the gap even bigger for us.

I have nothing against Huddersfield, but they seem like a well-run club so they have the potential to be another Norwich if they go up. Norwich under Dean Smith will easily be top two next season.

I'll take any of these, or a 5 a side team consisting of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse with Satan in goal as an alternative.

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’m happy for Fulham, Bournemouth and Sheffield United to go straight back up. The more that happens, the more someone might sit up and notice that the parachute payments system is broken.

it’s not really our problem anymore for the next couple of seasons, so maybe if it happens this season and next, they might do something to fix it by the time we’re back. 

21 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m happy for Fulham, Bournemouth and Sheffield United to go straight back up. The more that happens, the more someone might sit up and notice that the parachute payments system is broken.

it’s not really our problem anymore for the next couple of seasons, so maybe if it happens this season and next, they might do something to fix it by the time we’re back. 

It would be nice but the parachute payments system is part of the Premier League is it not?

I think the PL enjoy having the same teams to build brands around. Especially southern clubs like Fulham and Bournemouth. Forest would be an easy club to market in fairness.

But the more recognizable the clubs, the more appealing the PL becomes to the wider audience. The reason why the likes of La Liga and Serie A have lagged so far behind from a marketing standpoint is because nobody knows who half the teams are.

They may never accept a closed PL, but they are doing their utmost to make sure the same 15 clubs or so are there every season.

Edited by Bris Vegas

I suppose if Forest went up we'd get the entertainment of watching Leicester play the Glenn Close role in a football version of Fatal Attraction, trying desperately turn a one night stand into a permanent relationship. 

It'd be far more entertaining to watch them bottle it though. 

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I suppose if Forest went up we'd get the entertainment of watching Leicester play the Glenn Close role in a football version of Fatal Attraction, trying desperately turn a one night stand into a permanent relationship. 

It'd be far more entertaining to watch them bottle it though. 

It looks like Match of the Day are trying to help Leicesters cause in tying to make this a ‘Derby’. What a joke of a list this is!

7434B9C7-4E2A-4BCD-8F0C-CBED628D2854.jpeg

Edited by enachops

8 hours ago, enachops said:

It looks like Match of the Day are trying to help Leicesters cause in tying to make this a ‘Derby’. What a joke of a list this is!

I’m sure most United fans care about Liverpool more than city too. City are like the Leicester of the north west. No one ever really cared enough about them to have a rivalry. He’s just trying to make them seem more relevant cos he’s ex city. 

8 hours ago, enachops said:

What an awful take that is. It's probably becuase Lineker is a leicester fan

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

He put Chelsea v Fulham in but not Chelsea v arsenal or West ham? 

Tells us all we need to know about micahs football knowledge..... 

what about West Ham vs Millwall, that one’s a bit spicey. 

in fact, it’s strange that Chelsea are in the list so often. I feel like they’re the Leicester of London, they’re everyone’s second biggest rival. Every team in London has a more famous rivalry with someone else.

I don’t think a list like this should contain a team more than once. Like Liverpool, is you’re biggest derby day Man Utd or Everton? make you’re mind up. 

Edited by TigerTedd

26 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I believe they get given a list of 10 and have to rank them.

“The only derby that really matters, Leicester City and Nottingham Forest in the East Midlands Derby,” Leicester’s own Lineker said on Match of the Day’s Top 10 podcast, before adding: “Sorry Derby.”

The Match of the Day presenter and former Leicester striker then added the reason that Derby weren’t involved in the debate. “It’s quite interesting in the East Midlands derby because you could have an argument about which is the derby in the East Midlands,” he added.

“I’ve gone with Leicester vs Forest because it involves Leicester but a lot of people in the East Midlands would say that Forest vs Derby is the East Midlands derby but obviously I’m involved in this so there was no way that was going to happen.”

Gary spouting s***

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

“The only derby that really matters, Leicester City and Nottingham Forest in the East Midlands Derby,” Leicester’s own Lineker said on Match of the Day’s Top 10 podcast, before adding: “Sorry Derby.”

The Match of the Day presenter and former Leicester striker then added the reason that Derby weren’t involved in the debate. “It’s quite interesting in the East Midlands derby because you could have an argument about which is the derby in the East Midlands,” he added.

“I’ve gone with Leicester vs Forest because it involves Leicester but a lot of people in the East Midlands would say that Forest vs Derby is the East Midlands derby but obviously I’m involved in this so there was no way that was going to happen.”

Gary spouting s***

“You could have an argument”. Yes you could, and you’d lose. Precisely no one thinks Leicester vs forest is the east midlands derby. 

cmon @Red_Dawn, get in this one, we’re all slagging off Leicester. It’s something we can definitely all agree on. 

18 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

“You could have an argument”. Yes you could, and you’d lose. Precisely no one thinks Leicester vs forest is the east midlands derby. 

cmon @Red_Dawn, get in this one, we’re all slagging off Leicester. It’s something we can definitely all agree on. 

I couldn’t agree more. However, if we do find a way up, you just know the media are going to wet their pants trying to sell it as some big Derby. 

Meanwhile you’re going to be in the third tier fighting it out with Burton and Mansfield. Grim

18 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I couldn’t agree more. However, if we do find a way up, you just know the media are going to wet their pants trying to sell it as some big Derby. 

Meanwhile you’re going to be in the third tier fighting it out with Burton and Mansfield. Grim

Two Nigel Clough derbies!

Admit it, you'rejelous.