Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Kin 'ell! Fighting over a feckin pie ? Not sure what the one fecker is saying but I think it's either 'don't bully meh' or some comment on his pie-based bulimia. TBH, every **** there looks like they ate all the feckin pies anyway. Don't they have gyms in Notts?

IIRC, there's certainly one in Carlton, home of Dinghy, or whatever his name is.

8 hours ago, GenBr said:

Football doesnt work in cycles. The top teams  have a noose around the neck of the game and every rule change is designed to protect their position. Its been 50 years since we won anything and more than 20 since we spent any significant time in the top division. How long is this cycle of yours supposed to last?

Leicester winning the league and fa cup was only doable with a phenomenal owner who is very rich. If every club becomes very rich then it is no longer an advantage. I guarantee that the likes of leicester will never win the european cup in its current format.

Leicester's success isn't down to their owner being very rich.

It's down to some incredibly good scouting, the perfect storm of other teams being crap in 2015/16, and being able to capitalise on their title win to become an established top-8 team. 

It's completely plausible that we win the FA Cup in the next 20 years.

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Leicester's success isn't down to their owner being very rich.

It's down to some incredibly good scouting, the perfect storm of other teams being crap in 2015/16, and being able to capitalise on their title win to become an established top-8 team. 

It's completely plausible that we win the FA Cup in the next 20 years.

I didn't say it was because they were rich. I said it was because they had a phenomenal owner. They got promoted by breaching ffp - ie by spending too much money. 

So all we need is for us to find our own phenomenal owner who can totally overhaul our scouting system, breach ffp to get promoted, but not get caught this time, hope all the other teams have an off year and hope our new owner decides to spend money in the Prem rather than pocketing it all.

Sorry i dont share your optimism, but i think us winning the FA cup in the next 20 years is extremely unlikely.

Forest get battered, everywhere they go...

They really are the dumbest, most arrogant, low-life scumbags in Midlands football. Going in a family stand at an away ground and dancing around the front row with a flag, provoking an inevitable intervention from home supporters, with a little girl in tow, then claiming victim status. I can see a few life-bans coming their way, and possibly a custodial sentence or two - and they'll deserve it.

On 24/04/2022 at 12:56, Crewton said:

They really are the dumbest, most arrogant, low-life scumbags in Midlands football. Going in a family stand at an away ground and dancing around the front row with a flag, provoking an inevitable intervention from home supporters, with a little girl in tow, then claiming victim status. I can see a few life-bans coming their way, and possibly a custodial sentence or two - and they'll deserve it.

200.gif

Pank, more like plank

On 24/04/2022 at 12:56, Crewton said:

Don't they pay for policing at Peterborough home games?

1 hour ago, alanmarklewis said:

They've given themselves a good opportunity for the autos, say what you want but the turn around under Cooper is ridiculous!

Yup, I'll agree with that. It also kind of shows Hughton up for what he was. But no debate, I reluctantly do tip my hat to Cooper for what he has achieved - even if he does look like the illegitmate lovechild of Harry Redknapp and Janet Street Porter.

image.png

Edited by BaaLocks

26 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Yup, I'll agree with that. It also kind of shows Hughton up for what he was. But no debate, I reluctantly do tip my hat to Cooper for what he has achieved - even if he does look like the illegitmate lovechild of Harry Redknapp and Janet Street Porter.

image.png

I don't know.  Hughton brought in all those loans that are doing well, including Lowe who was always far better than an overhyped Bogle in my opinion.