Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Someone keep me honest here.. But how can Mel Morris involve himself in court cases directed to Derby County (a Ltd company)? A company in which he has completely absolved himself of any other responsibilities?

Just appears to be bluster to me. If he actually wanted to make demonstrable difference, he should give the stadium back to the club -which along with the HMRC debt - appears to be the main obstacles stopping you getting taken over. 

The man's a charlatan. I'm amazed that several Derby fans I've seen on social media appear to have forgiven the fact that the sole reason you're in this position is Morris and Morris alone. 

I'm of the view Morris made the offer thinking it was unlikely to be taken up.

I'm sure if all parties were willing, a mechanism for the transfer could be thought up, possibly needing a judge to decide if it's allowable.

I don't think it's something that Morris could force the hand of the parties actually involved in the dispute into though.

Neither the stadium nor the debt owing to HMRC are the biggest obstacles preventing a takeover at present. The HMRC debt may be an obstacle in due course, but their line in the sand hasn't been drawn yet. 

The main obstacle is the two claims, because no-one will commit to buy with those claims as contingent liabilities, the Administrators can't pay the claimants ahead of existing creditors and the club doesn't have the funds to pay any additional sums anyway. Even if a compromise settlement was agreed with the claimants, that EFL's opinion that they would be football creditors would in all probability make any takeover deal untenable for the interested parties. 

Of course, Morris can't force the Claimants to sue him instead of DCFC, and his offer may have been made purely with PR in mind. But what it has done is to call the claimants bluff : they wanted Morris on the hook and now he's given them seemingly what they have been asking for. It's now their choice as to who is principally remembered for killing Derby County. Because unless there is an Arbitration in DCFC's favour, either in respect of the claims or on the football creditor question, all of the bidders will withdraw, the funds will dry up and DCFC will be liquidated. 

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Rent-free in their heads ?‍♂️

Meanwhile...

The Leicester team embarrassed themselves enough without the moron fans adding to it.

Never understand this running on the pitch, never mind the mindless/brain dead reaction of some people (they aren’t fans) ??

16 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

The Leicester team embarrassed themselves enough without the moron fans adding to it.

Never understand this running on the pitch, never mind the mindless/brain dead reaction of some people (they aren’t fans) ??

They'll bang him up for a month or two and ban him from attending games for life. Sadly it's poo like this that results in proper fans having to watch games through cages. 

Forest played really well this afternoon, well worth their win. Just disappointed with their silly songs about us, don't waste your breath, just celebrate with your team.

As for that Leicester idiot, until the police start jailing fans for doing things like that, and slapping it across the headlines, it will keep happening. Every club has them. 

They played very well and deserved to win, they are a good side unfortunately. However they are are in a very similar position as we were under Lampard being very reliant on loans. If they fail to go up this season the loans return in the summer and they sell Johnson (which they will) then the wheels will come off and Coopers bottom lip will come out like it did at Swansea. Let’s just hope they don’t go up 

There is one man who is the difference to that team and that’s Brennan Johnson. I think he’s an absolute Bamford but he’s one hell of a player. The best player in the championship IMO. Wonder how far he can go and whether he’s regretting selecting Wales. All their other good players aren’t theirs. Worrall and Yates are average. If they don’t go up reckon they’ll get even more than £18m for Johnson in the summer which will help their FFP, alongside whatever they “sold” carvalho to Olympiacos for ??

They were definitely good value today but my word Leicester were abysmal. You can tell their players don’t see Forest as rivals or understand the fixture, didn’t have the heart and guts and didn’t want it enough. Leicester fans will be fuming. We’re a club and a squad that’s cut off at the knees one tactical change and we didn’t have the personnel to respond, but at least we gave them a game.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

They played very well and deserved to win, they are a good side unfortunately. However they are are in a very similar position as we were under Lampard being very reliant on loans. If they fail to go up this season the loans return in the summer and they sell Johnson (which they will) then the wheels will come off and Coopers bottom lip will come out like it did at Swansea. Let’s just hope they don’t go up 

They're nowhere near as good a side as we were under Lampard and don't have as good players. One of their loans is Max Lowe and he couldn't even get in our side most of the time. I don't think they will go up. There's only one playoff spot up for grabs and there a lot of teams around them who could also get it. Having said that, they're a decent side under Cooper and he is a good coach as he's proven at Swansea. Whether he can get them over the finish line is an entirely different matter and I feel he will need some help away from the football pitch if that is happen.

Always depressing seeing Forest able to win a game like that, but couldn’t have been against a much better choice of team. Softens the blow a bit. Leicester are the most tin pot of all tin pot clubs. Desperate for a real rivalry so keep pretending like Forest and Derby give a toss about them. Don’t even get me started on the clappers as well