Let's talk about bans, warnings and closing of accounts

Day

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't realise it wasn't part of the package and you have to code it yourself. Cheers.

What you see now is the software running pretty much unedited but with some features not activated such as achievements.

There are a couple of minor changes, notice when registering, showing ads after X posts, but 99% is standard out the box but with our own colours.

I try to avoid code changes as much as possible, creates less issues when updating the forum. 

9 hours ago, GboroRam said:

It's all about perception though. What you describe as non offensive actually caused an argument to kick off. 

The problem with telling everyone about every hidden post is it'll cause so many arguments it's not worth the aggro. Nobody will accept that their well crafter, reasoned response should be removed. And everyone posts reasoned, well thought out posts - it's the other people who cause the problems. 

That’s fair comment but I’m sure you would admit there’s some who just throw out stuff that is beyond that ,, insults and bad language that gets posts removed that are in no way offensive, I do wonder if some use it as a tactic when they’ve painted themselves into a corner???

On 29/07/2021 at 20:59, David said:

With that I am working on a system where members are made aware when their posts have been hidden which will be left with the reason by the moderator. I have been and on forums myself, there is nothing more frustrating when a post is removed and you have no idea why. I get it, and I'm working on it.

@Gaspode 

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Ironically there has also been posts removed in this thread which were regarding the thread that got removed in entirety today. 

Am definitely sure that none of those broke the forum guidelines as I can almost remember them ad verbatim

It wasn't removed, it was merged.

With a thread from a completely different forum in all probability.

Right now the Yorkshire and Lincolnshire farmers quarterly are scratching their collective heads about Derbyshire snobbery.