Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The suggestion is that Mel is making decisions after Chief Exec and EFL were negotiating.

I think Nixon is just putting together his own guess based on the various tweets he's read.

Mel has apparently said that we're trying to agree on the conditions with the EFL, presumably re the level of wages as if they have set it unreasonably low (for a Championship footballer) then we are in an effective transfer ban.

Points deduction by stealth...

Just now, Carnero said:

I think Nixon is just putting together his own guess based on the various tweets he's read.

Mel has apparently said that we're trying to agree on the conditions with the EFL, presumably re the level of wages as if they have set it unreasonably low (for a Championship footballer) then we are in an effective transfer ban.

Points deduction by stealth...

Well it would have been a good opportunity last night to give assurances over some (cheap!) signings, rather than go on about how the Academy hasn't been used enough?

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, this is what Punjabi Rams said and Wheeler said similar.

Why is it assumed the fault is all Mel's? We all know the EFL is not being co-operative with us. Once again it's people interpreting what is said to suit their agenda.

Because Mel overspent so much that we had to use numerous loopholes that we eventually fell foul of one that led us to this mess in the first place. 

If the players sign contracts ( without wages on them currently) I assume that would be save time with the administration of it whilst they should all actually be training and preparing for a game? - it’s a mess but we are where we are and the EFL want to continue to squeeze our gonads for as long as possible 

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If the players sign contracts ( without wages on them currently) I assume that would be save time with the administration of it whilst they should all actually be training and preparing for a game? - it’s a mess but we are where we are and the EFL want to continue to squeeze our gonads for as long as possible 

But the suggestion was we can only sign some of them. If they all sign, what do the ones who have signed but who's form we keep and so not sign, get to do?! ?

4 hours ago, Srg said:

Rooney is doing it through necessity though, not because of some grand philosophy. Just look at the striker situation last year, was CKR, then brought in Gregory, then he played Lawrence... all over giving any of our own a go.

Yes, otherwise we probably would have gone down.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But the suggestion was we can only sign some of them. If they all sign, what do the ones who have signed but who's form we keep and so not sign, get to do?! ?

Either wait, move on or sign on - simples 

Nixon’s article I think

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15787710/Derby-eight-players-free-transfers-crisis-rooney-morrison/

Veteran centre half Curtis Davies is set to sign, but will also join the coaching staff. 

The others include Ravel Morrison, Phil Jagielka, Richard Stearman, Sone Aluko, Tom Carroll, Ryan Allsop and Sam Baldock.

13 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Massive fuss being made about signing players when the players we're looking to sign are absolute crap anyway. That's how bad we are at the moment. Still, it could be the difference between relegation and survival

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

I wouldn't sign Stearman or Baldock. Carroll marginal. Allsop only if Marshall is going.

The only players out of that lot I'd sign are Morrison, Jagielka and Davies. Possibly Carroll. The rest are useless. What's happened with Wisdom? I haven't seen anything about him anywhere. The guy has just disappeared.