Derby County versus Real Betis, 28 July, Pre-Season Friendly

angieram

Bought mine.

Can't really figure out why they're embracing modern technology by going cashless whilst at the same insisting upon people printing out their tickets like it's still 2002 and we spend our spare time sitting in internet cafes or the local library.

(...or like it's 2019 and we're all sat in offices and can use the company paper/ink supplies)

Bloody pain in the arse having to go begging to use someone's printer.

annoyance.JPG.59098879a9ac344cfe60b964f18e20f6.JPG

Edited by Coconut

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Bought mine.

Can't really figure out why they're embracing modern technology by going cashless whilst at the same insisting upon people printing out their tickets like it's still 2002 and we spend our spare time sitting in internet cafes or the local library.

(...or like it's 2019 and we're all sat in offices and can use the company paper/ink supplies)

Bloody pain in the arse having to go begging to use someone's printer.

annoyance.JPG.59098879a9ac344cfe60b964f18e20f6.JPG

I do wonder whether the current technology allows for tickets to be scanned at the turnstiles? Had to feed the barcode into a reader on Sunday, couldn't do that with a mobile phone. 

1 hour ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Seemed to be a lot of area locked.  Are these being saved for non season ticket holders or have they been sold? Seems a high number of sales if they have been.

Our usual block wasn't available either. Probably releasing each block as others are sold out. Makes commercial sense as the spacing in place meant a full complement of stewards was needed on Sunday for a small crowd.

Downside of this is there will be no social distancing next Wednesday.

11 hours ago, angieram said:

I do wonder whether the current technology allows for tickets to be scanned at the turnstiles? Had to feed the barcode into a reader on Sunday, couldn't do that with a mobile phone. 

I went to England matches at the Euros and the ticket app worked pretty well (I didn’t have any issues). Scanned straight from your phone.

3 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

I went to England matches at the Euros and the ticket app worked pretty well (I didn’t have any issues). Scanned straight from your phone.

I meant specifically at Pride Park. If they've got to buy new scanners for every turnstile and possibly staff them, that's an extra cost to the club.

There was no-one inside the turnstile booths on Sunday.

15 hours ago, angieram said:

You can get some very slim mobiles nowadays.

#hopethathelps
xxx

?

36 minutes ago, angieram said:

I meant specifically at Pride Park. If they've got to buy new scanners for every turnstile and possibly staff them, that's an extra cost to the club.

There was no-one inside the turnstile booths on Sunday.

I suspect you are 100% correct.
A few years back (4/5 ish?), I used to scan my ST card, whilst others were still fiddling about feeding theirs into the slot.  It made me feel smug that I had been brave enough to try it (scanning) with a queue behind me.

... But then it seemed to stop working!  I gave up trying, and reverted to fiddling about feeding it into the slot!

Maybe they switched off the scanning capabilities for technical reasons?  ?‍♂️

15 hours ago, angieram said:

Our usual block wasn't available either. Probably releasing each block as others are sold out. Makes commercial sense as the spacing in place meant a full complement of stewards was needed on Sunday for a small crowd.

Downside of this is there will be no social distancing next Wednesday.

This was weird. In the West Lower there were three open blocks to buy from - not next to each other but with gaps between them.

You'd have thought they would open up the whole of the lower West (apart from player subs spaces) and all of the East upper/lower to still allow fans an element of spacing.

If we're going to have a few blocks full, and other blocks empty - it'll look so weird.

Yet another DCFC decision I'm sure there is a reason behind it but doesn't make sense.

59 minutes ago, rammieib said:

This was weird. In the West Lower there were three open blocks to buy from - not next to each other but with gaps between them.

You'd have thought they would open up the whole of the lower West (apart from player subs spaces) and all of the East upper/lower to still allow fans an element of spacing.

If we're going to have a few blocks full, and other blocks empty - it'll look so weird.

Yet another DCFC decision I'm sure there is a reason behind it but doesn't make sense.

Agree and I would still prefer to keep a bit of distance where possible. 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Surely it makes sense to spread the limited numbers around the stadium so toilets and concourses are less congested?

I would say the toilets are the biggest risk in terms of spreading infection. They aren’t the most engaging of environments at the best of times!