Derby County versus Real Betis, 28 July, Pre-Season Friendly

angieram

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Surely it makes sense to spread the limited numbers around the stadium so toilets and concourses are less congested?

I would say the toilets are the biggest risk in terms of spreading infection. 

I would suggest that people not 'hang around them' then! ? Risk of covid infection increases with proximity and time spent with an infected person(s). In and out fast! 

17 hours ago, angieram said:

Downside of this is there will be no social distancing next Wednesday.

In my youth and arrogance, that's an upside to me. It's been too long since I've hugged a random stranger after we score.

I wonder if it would be at all feasible to split those who understandably want to exercise a bit of caution and those who aren't as worried? I doubt it for league games, but I bet they could do it for a half empty stadium like it will be on Wednesday.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

In my youth and arrogance, that's an upside to me. It's been too long since I've hugged a random stranger after we score.

I wonder if it would be at all feasible to split those who understandably want to exercise a bit of caution and those who aren't as worried? I doubt it for league games, but I bet they could do it for a half empty stadium like it will be on Wednesday.

it's too late now and would suggest a level of forward thinking not seen at the club for many years

22 minutes ago, David said:

I think me and you go to football stadiums for completely different reasons. Have you not tried going down your local park at night and flashing your headlights?

Headlights? @DarkFruitsRam7? The glow in the dark wheels on his scooter can hardly be called headlights.

Anyway leave him alone. Hugging random strangers in stadiums is the closest that lads ever got to full sex.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Surely it makes sense to spread the limited numbers around the stadium so toilets and concourses are less congested?

I would say the toilets are the biggest risk in terms of spreading infection. They aren’t the most engaging of environments at the best of times!

the one place where it's always advisable to wear a face mask. not just for covid reasons!

Edited by tinman

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I meant specifically at Pride Park. If they've got to buy new scanners for every turnstile and possibly staff them, that's an extra cost to the club.

There was no-one inside the turnstile booths on Sunday.

I don't think this is the case as a couple of years ago you had the option to get in with a digital ticket....no idea when they stopped using it.

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't think this is the case as a couple of years ago you had the option to get in with a digital ticket....no idea when they stopped using it.

It should be simple and cheap to do, using the NFC chip on your phone, that's how ST cards work after all.

Integrate it with the existing app, and you're driving take up of that too.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Looking forward to going to a game again. They finished in the top 6 last season and have a ground that holds 60,000. In the 90’s the fans raised millions to save the club . Sound like a loyal bunch.

Was that by kidnapping the owner and the recruitment team and managing the team themselves?

Wish we'd applied that business model years ago......

12 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I would say the toilets are the biggest risk in terms of spreading infection. They aren’t the most engaging of environments at the best of times!

Beg to differ.

More often than not, every cubicle has been engaged, when I've been in!