Derby County versus Real Betis, 28 July, Pre-Season Friendly

angieram

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Name a better team for this game, excluding trialists ?

I can’t. 

I’m just saying with either of those teams it’s relegation for certain 

Edited by Curtains

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I can’t. 

Completely agree. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who will think otherwise.

But, add Bielik and Knight to the mix and the squad looks healthier. If we finally get out of the embargo or have the restrictions eased, then we only need CBx3, W and CF to have a squad more than capable of staying up.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Completely agree. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who will think otherwise.

But, add Bielik and Knight to the mix and the squad looks healthier. If we finally get out of the embargo or have the restrictions eased, then we only need CBx3, W and CF to have a squad more than capable of staying up.

I do agree the players playing at the moment should be from those two groups 100 percent whilst we wait on loans etc 

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Name a better team for this game, excluding trialists ?

If we play Solomon or Cashin in the first league game then we'll have added another to the "player of professional standing" list which is the last thing we need!!

For me it would have to be...

Roos; Byrne, J.Brown, Forsyth, Buchanan, Bird, Shinnie, Joswiak, Sibley, Lawrence, CKR

Subs: Marshall, McDonald, Ebosele, Watson, Hutchinson, Stretton

Edited by Carnero

28 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I can’t. 

Well better to play the season and try then all your talk of administration!

Who knows what will happen between now and the transfer window closing. Or the transfer window in January. Look at Wigan they would have stayed up if they hadn't had the points deduction for admin.

Edited by RoyMac5

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

If we play Solomon or Cashin in the first league game then we'll have added another to the "player of professional standing" list which is the last thing we need!!

For me it would have to be...

Roos; Byrne, J.Brown, Forsyth, Buchanan, Bird, Shinnie, Joswiak, Sibley, Lawrence, CKR

Subs: Marshall, McDonald, Ebosele, Watson, Hutchinson, Stretton

If we can't sign any players under the current restrictions then there's no point trying to stick to the 'professional standing' rule

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If we can't sign any players under the current restrictions then there's no point trying to stick to the 'professional standing' rule

But we don't know that won't change soon, there's a long way to go to the end of August.

We do need to play the lads who are likely to be here for the first game. 

Marshall; Byrne, Brown, Forsyth, Buchanan, Bird, Shinnie, Joz, Sibley, Lawrence, CKR. 

We will be 10 days from the season starting. The trialists can continue to train in the hope they will eventually get to sign, but we need to focus on the lads that can definitely play against Huddersfield.

6 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I really want to go but I'm a bit reluctant with having to provide contact details for NHS track and trace.

If they got in touch it would be legal obligation to isolate regardless of if you're positive or not.

Not sure I'm willing to do that at the moment. Very frustrating.

I didn't realise that was a requirement, thanks for pointing it out.

9 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I really want to go but I'm a bit reluctant with having to provide contact details for NHS track and trace.

If they got in touch it would be legal obligation to isolate regardless of if you're positive or not.

Not sure I'm willing to do that at the moment. Very frustrating.

Is that through the app or just from ticket details on file?

One of the conditions when purchasing says you have to provide up to date contact details which can be shared with NHS Track & Trace. Not the app.

So if someone tested positive afterwards they would tell T&T they went to the match. The tracers would then ask the club for details of people around them which they would have to give.

If they contact you by text, phone or email, you're obliged to isolate or face a £1000 fine.

Chances are slim it would happen but having just finished two weeks of isolating, I dont want to take the chance.

1 minute ago, TomBustler1884 said:

One of the conditions when purchasing says you have to provide up to date contact details which can be shared with NHS Track & Trace. Not the app.

So if someone tested positive afterwards they would tell T&T they went to the match. The tracers would then ask the club for details of people around them which they would have to give.

If they contact you by text, phone or email, you're obliged to isolate or face a £1000 fine.

Chances are slim it would happen but having just finished two weeks of isolating, I dont want to take the chance.

And that’s were it all falls apart.  Manual input of t&t results and humans trying to contact you.  Manual t&t is on its arse.

Not playing the un contracted. This is what we have 

Marshall 

Byrne Buchanan Forsyth Shinnie 

Bird

Watson Sibley 

Jozwiak.   Richards.   Lawrence