Enjoy the good times.

KirkIreton

50 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Boethius says It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconsistency is my very essence" -says the wheel- "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away".

Blow me you're wasting your time quoting passages from philosophers on here, you get ridiculed for posting words containing more than 4 letters at the moment.....

What a load of #**#. I would have put #**#e but that would have been five letters putting me in the firing line for ridicule.

Oh bolleau, would, letters, putting, firing and  ridicule are all over four...bring it on. ☹️

(not forgetting bolleau...and forgetting) ?

Edited by Pearl Ram

11 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Blow me you're wasting your time quoting passages from philosophers on here, you get ridiculed for posting words containing more than 4 letters at the moment.....

Indeed, though I got the quote from Christopher Eccleston, who says it while playing the character of a tramp under a bridge in the (just utterly brilliant) film 24 Hour Party People - so that makes me a bit down with the peeps, doesn't it?

41 minutes ago, Beetle said:

Leeds away in the play offs has to be the most recent good time. It was absolute pandemonium. Amazing night.

Agree entirely with this for the sheer drama of the occasion to battle back from where we were,it was a fantastic night and I have been to most of the big games in the last fifty odd years (and quite a lot of the not so big ones)

22 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Making sweeping generalised statements like that only serves to undermine and devalue even further the tenuous points you are attempting to put across but if it pleases you to believe that and fits into your own personal narrative and the jaundiced view you have about me then fill your boots. 

Says the man who just said:

And we accuse Forest fans of living in the past.....

I've never accused a Forest fan of that so presumably you are generalising which only serves to undermine and devalue even further the tenuous points you are attempting to put across but if it pleases you to believe that and fits into your own personal narrative and the jaundiced view you have about me then fill your boots. 

s reactions series GIF

Old enough to have lived through all the good times

Not old enough to remember them

My first football memory was losing to Manu in the FA Cup Semi

And I do believe despite the odd blip it has been down hill since then ?

Maybe I am the Jinx!!!!!

On 04/07/2021 at 19:44, BaaLocks said:

Boethius says It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconsistency is my very essence" -says the wheel- "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away".

Absolutely agree, only these days he would say 'Swings and Roundabouts'!