Enjoy the good times.

KirkIreton

1 hour ago, KirkIreton said:

Yes we should but reality is we need more 'good times' for those of us under 45!

Leeds away is often cited but to be brutally honest, it was a second tier playoff semi & we lost in the final. I was there of course, had an amazing two hours & usually get the grief from Leeds fans that you all get from Forest but even I think we need to aim for much much higher/better. Its a bit tinpot to keep banging on about it.

Envious of you lot who enjoyed the 70's teams...we'll get back there one day. Better memories ahead ??

10 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Envious of you lot who enjoyed the 70's teams...we'll get back there one day. Better memories ahead ??

It was a good time to be around and those teams achievements shouldn’t be forgotten of course but bloody hell, it was 50 years ago.

I get a little bit embarrassed as I used to give it the rolls eyes stuff when older relatives banged on about the Finney’s, Lofthouse’s, Matthews, Billy Wright etc when I was talking about our players of the day.

We knock Notts for eulogising about their European Cup wins but aren’t we doing the same ? 

12 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

And we accuse Forest fans of living in the past.....

You hate the club, you hate the players you hate the manager, you hate the owner and now you hate the fans……

why do you come on this board and post?

6 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

You hate the club, you hate the players you hate the manager, you hate the owner and now you hate the fans……

why do you come on this board and post?

Making sweeping generalised statements like that only serves to undermine and devalue even further the tenuous points you are attempting to put across but if it pleases you to believe that and fits into your own personal narrative and the jaundiced view you have about me then fill your boots. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Making sweeping generalised statements like that only serves to undermine and devalue even further the tenuous points you are attempting to put across but if it pleases you to believe that and fits into your own personal narrative and the jaundiced view you have about me then fill your boots. 

You still haven’t answered my question. 

Should have achieved a lot more really...specially in Europe. Shame we had some problems with the board which forced Clough/Taylor and Mackay/Anderson out. Although both parties seemed as stubborn as the other at times.

55 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You have been a bit anti everything lately Tyler. Cheer up m'duck. 

46 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

You still haven’t answered my question. 

Your opening statement was full of crass and gross generalisations then you demand a reply from me on the basis of that. 

Post something less jaundiced then I might be inclined to engage with you and have a coherent conversation.

4 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

It was a good time to be around and those teams achievements shouldn’t be forgotten of course but bloody hell, it was 50 years ago.

I get a little bit embarrassed as I used to give it the rolls eyes stuff when older relatives banged on about the Finney’s, Lofthouse’s, Matthews, Billy Wright etc when I was talking about our players of the day.

We knock Notts for eulogising about their European Cup wins but aren’t we doing the same ? 

Fair point - I guess clubs who have had a lean time will always hark back to happier times. Ourselves & Forest have had an appalling last 20 years - I don't blame them for still talking about their success endlessly

I grew up as a Derby fan from afar so it was those games on the Match of the Day video that sealed the deal for me - magical & I wasn't even born when they happened.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Your opening statement was full of crass and gross generalisations then you demand a reply from me on the basis of that. 

Post something less jaundiced then I might be inclined to engage with you and have a coherent conversation.

Difficult to have a conversation with someone who’s only method of argumentation is to cram as many long words as they can think of into a sentence, regardless of logic or context.

I assume rightly or wrongly that you are a student that has swallowed a dictionary 

12 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Fair point - I guess clubs who have had a lean time will always hark back to happier times. Ourselves & Forest have had an appalling last 20 years - I don't blame them for still talking about their success endlessly

I grew up as a Derby fan from afar so it was those games on the Match of the Day video that sealed the deal for me - magical & I wasn't even born when they happened.

My Uncle took me to the Baseball Ground in the 1970's. I watched the Texaco cup final and have supported Derby since then. I was born and brought up in Burton so Derby are my local team along with Burton Albion. It was the experience of being there in that enormous crowd and the atmosphere that was pure magic. I will never forget how it felt to be a fan on the terrace at that time. Regardless of our changing fortunes I will always follow my club. Absolutely agree with LeedsCityRam. I'm just glad that I lived a lot nearer and could witness those glory days and the atmosphere first hand rather than via Match of the Day! I see no reason to forget the happier times and talk about them. The memories make me smile still and I hope that one day Derby fans will again enjoy the kind of exhilaration and pride that I felt back then. 

Boethius says It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconsistency is my very essence" -says the wheel- "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away".