Tickets Update | 15/06/21

Day

Thanks David - I've been looking out for this. Hopefully this can all get sorted out soon. I wonder if they will be able to offer RamsTV season tickets until we all get back to normal. Mind you, I'll be going if I'm happy it will be safe.

Just now, Beetle said:

Thanks David - I've been looking out for this. Hopefully this can all get sorted out soon. I wonder if they will be able to offer RamsTV season tickets until we all get back to normal. Mind you, I'll be going if I'm happy it will be safe.

I think they might have to offer that to some if the capacity is still much reduced. 

My take is that the reluctance to sell anything is because they've got about 11,500 of us already paid up and hopeful of getting to every home game. Even that might not be quite possible if capacity can't increase so they might offer that option and see who takes it up (quite a few of the more vulnerable, imo.)

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think they might have to offer that to some if the capacity is still much reduced. 

My take is that the reluctance to sell anything is because they've got about 11,500 of us already paid up and hopeful of getting to every home game. Even that might not be quite possible if capacity can't increase so they might offer that option and see who takes it up (quite a few of the more vulnerable, imo.)

Yep, I am one of those fully paid up for last season and I would like to rephrase the clubs comment that this season would be effectively free for me as I did loan them my money a year ago at zero interest.

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I'm glad the club are honouring the 'free' season ticket for next year. I was a little worried they wouldn't - unless they can't withdraw it without some legal implication, of course.

Well mine was paid via MasterCard so I had no worries about getting my money back if I felt the need arrived.

33 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yep, I am one of those fully paid up for last season and I would like to rephrase the clubs comment that this season would be effectively free for me as I did loan them my money a year ago at zero interest.

I suppose if you hadn’t lent them the money you could have invested the amount elsewhere and earned diddly squat so, I guess they do owe you?

Seriously though, I’m also fully paid up and would quite understand and accept if there was a slight increase (in line with inflation blah blah blah) that I’d have to pay rather than it being completely free provided any extra is fair and reasonable.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Is it as many as 11,500? That does pleasantly surprise me, I thought I'd be in a select couple of thousand who kept tickets.

Priority should be given firstly to those who have credit on standby, for the next season ticket.
Then to those who sit on the end of a row, as they are only a threat to those on one side.

If entry is to be via a time slot, those in the middle of rows should go in earliest, to avoid any passing within rows. 

Exit should of course be the opposite of that, so last in, first out.

The fact that I have an aisle seat, hate arriving early and hanging around, and can time my 25 minute walk to the stadium to perfection, has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on my considered thoughts.  It's more a safety thing.  A caring thing.  A considerate thing.

But that's me to a tee, to be fair!  

#inittogether, innit

3 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I was told very firmly if I didn't renew last year, I'd still keep my seat.

Getting concerned that the post-it note with that written on it has been thrown out.

That's not what was implied.

It was something more akin to your seat will remain reserved for you to renew for 21/22, and therefore not let out to others*, and nor will you lose any long term/consecutive season ticket holder status.  That will very much remain the case (As I see it?).

It appears those of us who did renew will get priority (assuming a reduced capacity). 
I assume those next in line will be those who suspended/deferred renewal last season, but are now keen to renew for this season/as soon as numbers allow. 

Obviously, 21/22 was heavily referenced, but that was because the whole world assumed this whole sorry mess would be all over by now, and all stadiums will be full again next season, so maybe the timing will need adjustment, but nothing more sinister than that.

Until they can fit you in, how can you expect them to sell you a ticket?

*Assuming reduced capacity, and social distancing, and as the club have previously hinted that when we do return (under those circumstances) some of us may not be allowed to sit in our specific seats, then of course, someone may well be sat in "your seat", but it will still be "your seat", until such time as tickets go back on sale, and you decide not to bother (by a yet-to-be-specified deadline date)

I'm sure everyone will keep their seats. The issue will be how many seats will be available and who can attend. I'm not sure we will get priority because we renewed but we do not know yet.

Hopefully we can all go again and I can start moaning about the state of the queues at half time. Anyone remember them?

8 minutes ago, Beetle said:

I'm sure everyone will keep their seats. The issue will be how many seats will be available and who can attend. I'm not sure we will get priority because we renewed but we do not know yet.

Hopefully we can all go again and I can start moaning about the state of the queues at half time. Anyone remember them?

We will get priority over others. 
Depending on numbers, of course, there may be the small matter of "prioritising within that priority" (if reduced capacity is lower than the number of 20/21 season ticket holders... who ultimately renew for 21/22)

"... Obviously the above will help determine the club’s ticketing plans and policies for the upcoming season, however priority for home league matches will be given to 2020/21 Season Ticket holders who, as advised previously, will also receive a full credit of their season ticket purchase price redeemable against the price of either a 2021/22 Season Ticket (effectively a ‘free season ticket card’) or 2021/22 Season Home League Match Tickets..."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/06/Derby-county-ticketing-update-15th-june-2021

14 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Clubs have been briefed by the EFL to plan for 50% capacity until end of September, according to a chief executive I spoke to last week. 

If that proves to be the case... and rumours of 11k STHs for 20/21 are true, I expect a short window (5 days?) for those of us who wish to cash in our 20/21 credit, followed by another (very short?) window for those 19/20 ticket holders who wish to return... and a cut off when limits are reached.

Wait... See... and Pray the Online ticket machine doesn't blow up!  ?