Jack Marriott, Jordon Ibe, Bobby Duncan

Sean

22 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

he’s a sniffer, looks for opportunities 

Does he though? I mean, does he really? think it's a bit of a myth myself.

People slagged off Waghorn under Cocu for the number of chances he would miss (under Rooney they just slagged him, full stop), which must mean that we were creating some good chances for him to miss in the first place.

Yet when Marriott played... oh no it's not his fault, nobody is creating chances for him! Maybe he simply wasn't doing enough to get into the right positions and his nose isn't anywhere near as hyperosmic as has been made out?

Edited by Coconut

I have been highly critical of the management of his spudness st Wayne, but, being happy to get rid of players who aren't giving the effort is one thing I'm fairly happy with him doing.

I don't see a future for him here. He was forgotten man at wednesday as well. I think he's hitting the jacob butterfield trail....

29 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Get him some service and players around him 

release the ball quicker 

he’s a Bobby Davidson / dean Saunders type of player ... blink and their in type 

he’s a sniffer, looks for opportunities 

Cocus style was the very last thing he wanted, slow build up with all of their players behind the ball and no space in behind to get into those little pockets 

Channel balls and in behind 

see his goals against Leeds as the perfect example of what type of finisher he is 

Yes, there is a decent player there if we can find it ?

Jack Marriott could be considered lazy. He has not been dropped by just one manager now. I make it four. Why? We don’t fully know.

Get Jordan Ibe out of the club and off the wage as soon as possible. Over a year now and not even one game for us. He has the money to get the best support and is still no closer to recovery. Why is this? There are people with depression sat alone with no money and no hope. He has the complete opposite. I have sympathy for him but come on. Bournemouth released him and signed sick note Wilshere. They clearly are not harsh when it comes to support and patience by signing Wilshere who has barely played in the last two to three years. So why release Jordan? Maybe just maybe they saw or knew he wasn’t going to return (or didn’t want to).

Bobby Duncan believed his own hype and has failed. He may have been a great youth player but it clearly hasn’t transcended into adulthood (yet). Maybe with Rooney as a guide he fulfils his potential. If he does I still think he will duck off at the first sign of a bigger club.

45 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

TBF I’m not bothered what happened at SWFC, he’s a Ram and maybe he needs some support to get the best out of him. 

With regards to his “desire to play football” maybe he has some mental health issues too. He is a Ram and we as a club and group of supporters should get behind him and see where it takes us. 
We need a goal scorer and we have one in JM he just needs to rediscover his form. COYR ? 

Really? How many has he scored for us then. I'd rather give Bobby Duncan a chance. Marriott has had his chance here and only turned up occasionally.

And as for being 'a Ram' has he ever shown any of the attitude towards the club like that shown by Curtis Davies?

A few posts saying “if we play them of CKR” we’re not seriously going into the 21/22 thinking CKR will be our main striker for the full season are we? 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? How many has he scored for us then. I'd rather give Bobby Duncan a chance. Marriott has had his chance here and only turned up occasionally.

And as for being 'a Ram' has he ever shown any of the attitude towards the club like that shown by Curtis Davies?

He’s a Ram, he is a Derby County contracted employee

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

I agree that at times his attitude on the pitch after lockdown wasnt great but I do wonder how much of that was down to him knowing his legs were gone. He may have had an influence on Cocu's departure but he wouldnt be the first club captain who has been.

But Rooney in his prime was always a hard worker etc and that is where Marriott should be now, in his prime.

Agreed

19 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yes we are.

He's going to get 18 goals as we finish 11th.

Fancy a £5 on that? 

Release/sell/loan all 3 for me. Free up the wages and use them on players with a desire to play and perform.

Marriott has had one good season in League 1 and has only shown glimpses with us in 3 seasons. Not good enough. 

Ibe has the talent no doubt but with his mental health issues I can’t see him turning out for us any time soon.  There must be a clause in the contract to cancel it after 12 months. 

As for Duncan - meh. 

Given the position we are in financially we need all hands on deck giving 110% in training and matches and nothing less and also a trim wage bill that isn’t carrying anyone. So many free agents out there that we could use these players wages on.