Ballsy move by the EFL

Day

9 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Aha ! The final nail in the coffin... The EFL announce their new approved ball for the coming season and then Gibson tells them that DCFC have been playing with a slightly different ball for years now and that we should be deducted 1000 points, chucked out the league or just declared insolvent. It's all part of the plan I tell you....

we also change the goal sizes each half, petty we got it the wrong way round

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is it the roundest ball ever?

Does it have special space age construction?

Does anyone remember the world cup 2010 ball and the hype around it?

Do you remember the opening game of the World Cup? Germany beat Costa Rica with Frings scoring a long range goal where the ball moved all over the place. The replays of that kind of justified the hype around that ball for me

22 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Do you remember the opening game of the World Cup? Germany beat Costa Rica with Frings scoring a long range goal where the ball moved all over the place. The replays of that kind of justified the hype around that ball for me

I remember it turned out a bit of a weird one and clearly countries which had been using the ball in the domestic leagues were more comfortable with it. But mostly I remember it being megahyped up for what was still a football.

But the sweet sweet sound on the vuvuzela was what made that world cup. Perhaps the EFL should make a version?

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I remember it turned out a bit of a weird one and clearly countries which had been using the ball in the domestic leagues were more comfortable with it. But mostly I remember it being megahyped up for what was still a football.

But the sweet sweet sound on the vuvuzela was what made that world cup. Perhaps the EFL should make a version?

You’re right, the build up to that World Cup was dominated by the ball and vuvuzelas. And ended in heartache as Franks goal should have stood. What could have been!

5 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I'm hardly traditionalist or conservative, but a footballing romantic? Oh yes, very much so.

Romantic in me would like ball to look like this:

image.png.15fc58aa2f1f7ee624b4b266128d7fde.png

Black 'n' white. Works a treat.

Excellent ball !

7A034808-B9FE-46C1-A6FB-CD47B0F0F8AC.jpeg

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Used to have them at School. Never mind kicking one try heading a rain soaked one ? no wonder players of that era suffered from dementia in later life. 

Major respect to the player that managed to cross it high enough for you to get your nut on it, they were bloody brutal when they got wet. 

21 hours ago, Dimmu said:

and it should be kicked with black boots looking like these 

image.png.ac8a8bcad2c42f750958550fcc5d8090.png

Wow, Copa Mundials; they were the bees knees and replaced my Beckenbauer Supers. Got lured into a pair of Puma SPA Kings by their unfeasibly long tongues but should never have stepped away from the Copas. I blame that decision for not making it as a pro.

Well, it's either that or the fact I was complete poo...

(All the gear, No idea)