Academy Thread 21/22

Shadowplay

26 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Yes I’ve heard this. But also when I watched the U12s last season (U13s this) the whole team was very good. According to quite a few people within the academy, this is one of the best age groups they’ve seen as a group. 

There was one lad that stood out for me who was taking all set pieces. I’ve never seen anybody even in first team football take such a good set piece so consistently, always delivered where it needed to be. That was a boy who’s 12 years old. 

They are through to the quarter final of the National cup and playing Reading tomorrow. I’ll post the score as soon as I hear it. I believe they would play Chelsea in the semi final if they win. 

Ssshhh ?

10 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Yes I’ve heard this. But also when I watched the U12s last season (U13s this) the whole team was very good. According to quite a few people within the academy, this is one of the best age groups they’ve seen as a group. 

There was one lad that stood out for me who was taking all set pieces. I’ve never seen anybody even in first team football take such a good set piece so consistently, always delivered where it needed to be. That was a boy who’s 12 years old. 

They are through to the quarter final of the National cup and playing Reading tomorrow. I’ll post the score as soon as I hear it. I believe they would play Chelsea in the semi final if they win. 

I could deliver a fantastic free kick when I was 12, but I was normally using one of those plastic balls that turns anyone into Roberto Carlos.

52 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Just heard the U13s have beaten Reading 3-0 in the quarter final of the National Cup. 

My mate didn’t know when the semi final was or if it is against Chelsea but I’ll post again if I know. 

Any likelihood of any making the bench Tuesday?  ?

Edited by Shadowplay

It's matchday!

image.png.21d51583c501bcdd363dff864e62b869.png

The team the last time we faced Man City (October) included 3 players who are no longer with us and at least 4 who're going to be with the first team: Foulkes, McDonald, JBrown, Cashin, Bardell, RHutchinson, LThompson, Dixon, IHutchinson, Plange, Cybulski

Looking at the squad... we only have 10 U23s available to choose from!

My predicted team: 

Foulkes
McDonald   Solomon WGP   Brailsford
Robinson   Clarke
Dixon   Aghatise   Watson
Cybulski

Subs: Roberts, Matthews, Sebagabo, Ibrahim, Borkovic

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's matchday!

image.png.21d51583c501bcdd363dff864e62b869.png

The team the last time we faced Man City (October) included 3 players who are no longer with us and at least 4 who're going to be with the first team: Foulkes, McDonald, JBrown, Cashin, Bardell, RHutchinson, LThompson, Dixon, IHutchinson, Plange, Cybulski

Looking at the squad... we only have 10 U23s available to choose from!

My predicted team: 

Foulkes
McDonald   Solomon WGP   Brailsford
Robinson   Clarke
Dixon   Aghatise   Watson
Cybulski

Subs: Roberts, Matthews, Sebagabo, Ibrahim, Borkovic

Dixons injured

Half time thoughts as per :-

Foulkes still needs to work on his distribution ?

Louie Watson is seriously lacking confidence ?

Cybulski needs some support and I’m not his biggest fan but he gets little or no help ?

Robinson is a better defender than he is a midfielder ?

So is Clarke and I think that’s where he’ll end up ?

Im still not sure who thought Aghatise is first team material ?

Liam Delap really isn’t that good technically and I’m not sure he’ll have a career at Man City… ?

Grey to see Tyree Wilson back and good luck to the lad ?