Academy Thread 21/22

Shadowplay

4 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

The tone of this match was set after seven minutes when the thug who looks to have broken Tyree Wilson’s leg was not even given a yellow card, let alone the red card that the challenge deserved.

Agree. Couldn’t understand why he came in like that, with that aggression when the ball and Wilson were hardly moving 

That Liam Thompson is a good player. good enough to step up with shinnie 

Cashin is different class future centre back.. I would prefer Cashin over Solomon any day. 

keeper done well unlucky due to players around him. But not tall enough for the First goal maybe that’s his down fall. 

the under 18 left side  borcahvich ? 
good player good feet better than Joswiak and that’s not to cause problems he’s better 

22 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

Cashin is different class future centre back.. I would prefer Cashin over Solomon any day. 

keeper done well unlucky due to players around him. But not tall enough for the First goal maybe that’s his down fall. 

good player good feet better than Joswiak and that’s not to cause problems he’s better 

Borkovic played and scored for under 18s Saturday and then played best part of 90 minutes again tonight. Just come back from injury too.

Excellent ball control. 

28 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

Needs another season to develop physically. Next season he should be ready to step up and offer backup to Bielik, Bird and Knight in our midfield 2.

I love Cashin. One of those players like JBrown who you need in your team.

You also have to remember Solomon is 2 years younger.

Borkovic. Another who had injury troubles last season. I recall he was training with the first team last pre-season. Started that U18 season on fire with 2 and 3 assists in the first 2 games. Definitely one to watch out for.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Borkovic played and scored for under 18s Saturday and then played best part of 90 minutes again tonight. Just come back from injury too.

Excellent ball control. 

I liked him angie very good.. confidence, good feet, work rate.. enjoyed watching him. 

Liam Thompson?? Good little player him 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Needs another season to develop physically. Next season he should be ready to step up and offer backup to Bielik, Bird and Knight in our midfield 2.

I love Cashin. One of those players like JBrown who you need in your team.

You also have to remember Solomon is 2 years younger.

Borkovic. Another who had injury troubles last season. I recall he was training with the first team last pre-season. Started that U18 season on fire with 2 and 3 assists in the first 2 games. Definitely one to watch out for.

No offence but Solomon will never make a CB for Derby. Unless we carry on not being able to buy anyone but he really is nowhere near 23’s he’s a liability for Cashin 

7 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

No offence but Solomon will never make a CB for Derby. Unless we carry on not being able to buy anyone but he really is nowhere near 23’s he’s a liability for Cashin 

Oh dear, you haven't seen him play have you.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Oh dear, you haven't seen him play have you.

No mate and I admit that. I lost love of Derby since the Nigel clough era. 
I know that sounds weird but I went home and away in the clough era but I had kids and felt disconnected from the club since then. 
I even went to Malaga with them. 
but watching them

now and feeling they need me more than ever I’m starting again I guess. 
but I have to say I do not think I see Solomon as the future but if I’m wrong I’m wrong mate