The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

10 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I'm not sure how any of that counts as 'pathetic' One might even call it courageous to play a full back on the opposite side and to not pick 'one of our best players'. The opposite of 'pathetic'.

You might not agree with this alleged team selection and it might even make you angry but I don't see how such a selection is pathetic.

PS Italy did just fine the other night with a right-footed left back.

Just my opinion you obviously think it's a good team selection. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I'm not sure how any of that counts as 'pathetic' One might even call it courageous to play a full back on the opposite side and to not pick 'one of our best players'. The opposite of 'pathetic'.

You might not agree with this alleged team selection and it might even make you angry but I don't see how such a selection is pathetic.

PS Italy did just fine the other night with a right-footed left back.

We played mick mills at left back for years and he had no discernible left foot. 

3 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Just my opinion you obviously think it's a good team selection. 

It's not the team I'd have selected but my selection would have been based entirely on watching these players on the telly and not working with them in training, understanding their states of mind, their niggles etc.

I'm not a tactical genius, I get no thrill from 'calling' something. I'm just looking forward to the game and the tournament. If yesterday's events taught me anything, it is that we should enjoy stuff while we have it.

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's not the team I'd have selected but my selection would have been based entirely on watching these players on the telly and not working with them in training, understanding their states of mind, their niggles etc.

I'm not a tactical genius, I get no thrill from 'calling' something. I'm just looking forward to the game and the tournament. If yesterday's events taught me anything, it is that we should enjoy stuff while we have it.

Perfectly put that man. 

44 minutes ago, Derbados said:

You thought she did well, I thought she didn’t, no need to bring her gender into it, it has no relevance in the slightest. 

That why I did bring It up because I am 100% sure if Fabregas had said the same thing you wouldn’t have mentioned It. 

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I agree 100% with you there my friend, I would love us to win it but wouldn't be bothered if we didn't to many important things in life than getting upset over football. 

11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

That why I did bring It up because I am 100% sure if Fabregas had said the same thing you wouldn’t have mentioned It. 

What an utterly bizarre thing to say, you can’t be 100% sure of anything, you don’t know me for a start. 

I’ll say it again, the only person that’s mentioned anything to do with gender and now sexism is you, I’m not the one with the issue here 

11 minutes ago, Rample said:

Mings and Phillips are selection mistakes

No issue with Trippier or Grealish

Mount has just given me butterflies... Come on England!

Alongside Stones, Mings easily gets in over Coady, White and anyone else in a back 4 at the moment.

Phillips is also the only natural partner to Rice as Southgate wants to play a 2 man base to midfield.

But choosing Trippier who has only played LB a handful of times in recent season over Chillwell, Shaw and even Saka is a tad unfair on those missing out.

Grealish has been one of our best players in recent games too. Sterling has been poor, wasteful, or both for a long time now.

Archived