The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

David

Doesn't look that bad to me,Sterling is a top player and he is faster than Grealish and makes more runs in behind which against a fairly slow defence will be an advantage. 

I would have gone for Bellingham over Phillips and Shaw over Trippier but other than that it seems a good enough line up. Maybe Trippier is playing for his set piece ability which is probably the best in the squad. 

2 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

How have the press seemingly got hold of the team before it's been officially announced? A leaky camp hardly seems a recipe for a strong team spirit.

Also, Grealish is a good player but he is far far from 'must start' level.

They got it wrong with the squad announcement. They've probably got it wrong again

1 minute ago, JoetheRam said:

How have the press seemingly got hold of the team before it's been officially announced? A leaky camp hardly seems a recipe for a strong team spirit.

Also, Grealish is a good player but he is far far from 'must start' level.

It might not be the team, of course.

I remember years ago, Matt Le Tissier told his brother he was playing against Italy. The brother then went and blabbed to all and sundry and Italy suddenly had that extra bit of info they needed. Italy won the match.

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

What’s being a woman got to do with anything?? The only person that’s mentioned gender is you.

I was just asking the question…the only person that was bothered in the slightest about what she said was you. 
I thought she did a great job in circumstances she has obviously never been in before. I thought It was honest and from the heart. 

Just now, MuespachRam said:

I was just asking the question…the only person that was bothered in the slightest about what she said was you. 
I thought she did a great job in circumstances she has obviously never been in before. I thought It was honest and from the heart. 

You thought she did well, I thought she didn’t, no need to bring her gender into it, it has no relevance in the slightest. 

15 hours ago, Derbados said:

I agree, but the other pundits seemed to manage it much better, they spoke about the impact of football in general, to Christian and his family and the perspective of the situation they were in, Alex kept referring to herself and how she was feeling, texting her mum and then did it again when they came back on, speaking about how it impacted her etc etc. I just found it bizarre and quite narcissistic. 

maybe it’s just me and maybe I’m over analysing it. 

6 posts later, I’d probably say you’re over analysing it. But two can play at that game.

people on here saying they’ve texted their dad and friends about it. It puts everything in perspective and shows you how fragile life is. She was very emotional and showed real heart. Of course we’re all thinking of Erickson and his family, but she was able to put into words how some danish bloke collapsing on a pitch in Denmark can emotionally resonate and effect all of us. She put it into context. 

12 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

To play a right back at left back when you have Chilwell and Shaw good left backs, Mings at Centre Back, no Grealish one of our best players. 

I'm not sure how any of that counts as 'pathetic' One might even call it courageous to play a full back on the opposite side and to not pick 'one of our best players'. The opposite of 'pathetic'.

You might not agree with this alleged team selection and it might even make you angry but I don't see how such a selection is pathetic.

PS Italy did just fine the other night with a right-footed left back.

Just now, Rammy03 said:

Yep. He's only gone and done it

Im taking loads of right backs so I’m going to bloody play em!!!