WHY

Derby blood

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

The owner can block the sale of a player in the same way they can block an incoming transfer?

And then let them not play under that manager and be worth less or leave for nothing? 

21 hours ago, Mckram said:

A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Don’t get me wrong I was annoyed when Will Hughes only went for £4m or whatever it was, but if Watford were the only club in for him and the manager didn’t want him, what can Mel do?

Nothing. So what's the point in the Academy if you keeping changing managers and ideas? Might as well bin it off. Its costing far more than we ever will recoup.

19 hours ago, MrPlinkett said:

He did shut them down, every week Radio Derby asked him and every week he said he was committed to Derby. What he didn't do was come out and say 'cross my heart and hope to die,  I will never go to Newcastle '

He committed yet again at the end of the season,  mel even took him to his fan forums where they both put forward a United front.  Mel was the one who then decided to sack him because he thought Clement would be a massive improvement. 

Biggest mistake Mel made.

@Barney1991 @RoyMac5We were flying high until Feb when we finished the season losing 03 to the on the beach Reading side missing out on the play offs.  That ended a run of W2 D6 L5.  There were injuries of course but most managers face those including Rooney.  

Mac2 saw a worrying repeat with from Feb a record of W1 D3 L5, not great 

Mel has made many mistakes and the 3 of you may have been proved correct but for this rarity I can see why the decision was made.  As everything he touches appears to turn into poo you are probably right and mac would have us in the prem I just doubt it

16 minutes ago, Spanish said:

@Barney1991 @RoyMac5We were flying high until Feb when we finished the season losing 03 to the on the beach Reading side missing out on the play offs.  That ended a run of W2 D6 L5.  There were injuries of course but most managers face those including Rooney.  

Mel has made many mistakes and the 3 of you may have been proved correct but for this rarity I can see why the decision was made.  As everything he touches appears to turn into poo you are probably right and mac would have us in the prem I just doubt it

Of course its about opinions, we cant prove anything but i do believe we would have got promoted. That said i think we would have under Clough had he had another couple of seasons, an opinion that is very unpopular.

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

I didn’t say Mac would have us in prem mate I more refer to the Mac 1 sacking than Mac 2. If Mac 1 had of had some of the money Clement did I expect better quality of signing for who he was looking at which included dunk and cairney for a start 

On 12/05/2021 at 21:45, enachops said:

Where to begin...

Not appointed a rookie manager in Clement and then give him about 20 million to waste.

Not walk in the changing rooms undermining said rookie manager.

Not sacking managers on a regular basis.

After sacking managers, appointing their replacement who has a completely different playing style.

Not mentioning the ‘Derby way’

Not spending millions of pounds on guff which means having to sell/get loans for the training ground and stadium.

Appointing Stephen Pearce as chief exec despite him messing up countless contracts and not keeping finances in check in his previous job as finance officer.

Basically, pretty much everything has gone tits up under his stewardship. Great intentions, heart in the right place, but it’s been a disaster. 

Everything above could be agreed with, however. At the time All this happend it was popular with the majority on here.

22 hours ago, MrPlinkett said:

He did shut them down, every week Radio Derby asked him and every week he said he was committed to Derby. What he didn't do was come out and say 'cross my heart and hope to die,  I will never go to Newcastle '

He committed yet again at the end of the season,  mel even took him to his fan forums where they both put forward a United front.  Mel was the one who then decided to sack him because he thought Clement would be a massive improvement. 

Biggest mistake Mel made.

Absolutely. It wasn't just the loss of Mac either. The whole team we had behind the scenes was clicking - simmo, steele, etc. These were all people with a huge amount of history at the club. It's been nothing but journeymen since then (rowett & wassall aside) looking at us as a stepping stone to a bigger thing.  

12 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Everything above could be agreed with, however. At the time All this happend it was popular with the majority on here.

Clement wasn't seen as "rookie" either. Was fully qualified and had been a no 2 to ancelotti at more than one club. There was an article about him having signed memorabilia from the likes of Sergio ramos thanking him for having helped his game. 

From memory it was very much seen as a coup at the time. A highly rated well travelled British coach coming to the Rams. 

Nobody was predicting what an utter fraud the guy was. And how he was going to hammer nails into his coffin by entering a bidding war for nick blackman.... 

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Clement wasn't seen as "rookie" either. Was fully qualified and had been a no 2 to ancelotti at more than one club. There was an article about him having signed memorabilia from the likes of Sergio ramos thanking him for having helped his game. 

From memory it was very much seen as a coup at the time. A highly rated well travelled British coach coming to the Rams. 

Nobody was predicting what an utter fraud the guy was. And how he was going to hammer nails into his coffin by entering a bidding war for nick blackman.... 

I didn't think that one could possibly fail (I was 15, to be fair).

It certainly taught me a lesson about hyping someone up before they've ever managed a professional game.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7