WHY

Derby blood

Why has Derby fan Mel, made such a mess of running OUR great club, he has made more mistakes than any chairmen in a very long time, he took us over as a top championship team, good players, great stadium, and ran well from top to bottom, Mel in his time as owner has ruined us, Mods please do not delete, we have freedom of speech in this our great country, not up to you to delete this post, as its a fair opinion and not personnel in any way. 

9 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Why has Derby fan Mel, made such a mess of running OUR great club, he has made more mistakes than any chairmen in a very long time, he took us over as a top championship team, good players, great stadium, and ran well from top to bottom, Mel in his time as owner has ruined us, Mods please do not delete, we have freedom of speech in this our great country, not up to you to delete this post, as its a fair opinion and not personnel in any way. 

They're probably deleting as it's been said numerous times and times again and a duplicate thread,freedom of speech arguement doesn't really have any weight on a privately owned forum that you signed up for with terms and conditions either

12 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Please tell us what you would have done differently in his position.

It's cool, just join the 1000 others threads on the same topic rather than commenting on those.

We all know we are in big trouble, with abysmal leadership throughout the club. The multiple takeovers have been a farce, and right now I would be willing to accept almost anyone who can prove they have the money - Rush, Appleby, whoever.

Just now, IslandExile said:

I personally wouldnt have been so rooster sure when taking over.

I always remember Mel being on Soccer AM in the inland days after his takeover and the interviewer went to ask a question that started "if you are promoted to the premier league...", Mel actually stopped him and said "Not if, when..."

I remember cringing at the time as it was so cocky and you just knew it would backfire.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I always remember Mel being on Soccer AM in the inland days after his takeover and the interviewer went to ask a question that started "if you are promoted to the premier league...", Mel actually stopped him and said "Not if, when..."

I remember cringing at the time as it was so cocky and you just knew it would backfire.

That's all?

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Did you ever listen to him on talksport? Chatting utter garbage 

18 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

They're probably deleting as it's been said numerous times and times again and a duplicate thread,freedom of speech arguement doesn't really have any weight on a privately owned forum that you signed up for with terms and conditions either

Stupid answear, we are in massive trouble, because of our so called Derby Fan Owner. So lets debate what super fan Mel could have done better. 

Edited by Derby blood

12 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Where to begin...

Not appointed a rookie manager in Clement and then give him about 20 million to waste.

Not walk in the changing rooms undermining said rookie manager.

Not sacking managers on a regular basis.

After sacking managers, appointing their replacement who has a completely different playing style.

Not mentioning the ‘Derby way’

Not spending millions of pounds on guff which means having to sell/get loans for the training ground and stadium.

Appointing Stephen Pearce as chief exec despite him messing up countless contracts and not keeping finances in check in his previous job as finance officer.

Basically, pretty much everything has gone tits up under his stewardship. Great intentions, heart in the right place, but it’s been a disaster. 

2 minutes ago, enachops said:

Where to begin...

Not appointed a rookie manager in Clement and then give him about 20 million to waste.

Not walk in the changing rooms undermining said rookie manager.

Not sacking managers on a regular basis.

After sacking managers, appointing their replacement who has a completely different playing style.

Not mentioning the ‘Derby way’

Not spending millions of pounds on guff which means having to sell/get loans for the training ground and stadium.

Appointing Stephen Pearce as chief exec despite him messing up countless contracts and not keeping finances in check in his previous job as finance officer.

Basically, pretty much everything has gone tits up under his stewardship. Great intentions, heart in the right place, but it’s been a disaster. 

Yes, I have said on the parallel thread, I think the biggest mistake he made was appointing managers who had different styles of play, requiring different types of player. The result is a poor squad now and issues with overspending.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Looking back with a critical eye is easy. Let's hear what you would do going forward from now? 

Going forward, lets hope our new chairmen, is a honest man, and does his best to run the club in a sustainable way, lets managers manage and not talks a load of bull in the media, and not always be the talking point of the club, and put Derby first not his own ego, this would be a good start. 

Everything is easy in hindsight. I’m sure every decision that has been made has been made with the best of intentions and the best interests of the club. It would be hard to conclude that many of those decisions have not turned out to be the best, but it’s easy to be wise after the event.

A lot of things that have gone wrong are also ‘sporting’ issues, which I refuse to blame the owner for. Backing your manager isn’t a crime. Bringing in managers with decent CVs and footballing pedigree isn’t a crime. There are plenty of examples of teams who underperform out there and it is rarely the owner’s fault. That’s the nature of football I’m afraid. Sometimes other teams are better than you. It happens.

I think a lot of negative things have happened all at once which has led to a lot of conflating of issues and 2+2 is equaling 5 in a lot of cases. But I’m not angry (I’m not even faux angry) - more than anything I’m just sad that it’s turned out this way and sad for Mel as well. 

5 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Going forward, lets hope our new chairmen, is a honest man, and does his best to run the club in a sustainable way, lets managers manage and not talks a load of bull in the media, and not always be the talking point of the club, and put Derby first not his own ego, this would be a good start. 

Don't forget whatever plan you make.... If you get it wrong I'm going to criticise you to death because I want the best for dcfc and I want promotion.