Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It does. But you can't just add "launched" or "crocked" onto it without seeing it. I wouldn't say they're synonymous with a "50/50". 

I take your point on 'launched', I'd say 'crocked' is just a descriptive term to use when someone has injured someone else for a significant period of time which Rooney has. 

32 minutes ago, cosmic said:

That video with Rosenior in the hotel room clearly shows it was an after party - there's a bunch of people, not just those women who got their arses out and tried to blackmail Rooney. I don't think adultery was necessary the proposed crime of the night, but I'll keep my powder dry before I begin to speculate...

Anyway, I reckon Rooney was being sensible and genuinely fell asleep. Victim of being high profile he gets taken advantage of.

Still unwelcome media attention for the club, which is the larger argument here, not the morals of a football manager committing adultery.

Is there a link to the video?

I can understand it not being allowed to embed a link into a forum thread - but is sharing a non-embedded link acceptable?

1 hour ago, sage said:

I haven't insulted you. I clearly pointed out your vindictive comprehension of the available facts and you ran off home for your tea, like a guilty schoolboy (thank you Mr Weller)

It's not 'vindictive' it's frustration which is an entirely different emotion. 

35 minutes ago, cosmic said:

That video with Rosenior in the hotel room clearly shows it was an after party - there's a bunch of people, not just those women who got their arses out and tried to blackmail Rooney. I don't think adultery was necessary the proposed crime of the night, but I'll keep my powder dry before I begin to speculate...

Anyway, I reckon Rooney was being sensible and genuinely fell asleep. Victim of being high profile he gets taken advantage of.

Still unwelcome media attention for the club, which is the larger argument here, not the morals of a football manager committing adultery.

Why are the coaches having a party after losing to a League 1 team?

50 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Wasn’t saying that. I’m saying with 9 senior players that are signed and fit, I think Rooney should be sensible and responsible enough for him as a manager not to go in for a tackle.

I think that it is good that he's doing exercise and sharing his skills.

On the other hand, it is more risky and dangerous for someone lacking fitness to be playing with and tackling first team players - especially with reaction times reduced, if not addled, by alcohol.

Accidents happen, but did it arise from a justifiable risk?

53 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

No I wouldn’t. There’s enough 23s to go up against you muppet. The guy can’t win. He’s done nothing for this club. He’ll send us down and you’ll go crying to your mummy spitting your dummy out 

And what would you have said if he had played the under 11’s and one of them had snapped their ankle..? Like you say, the guy can’t win 

and just so you know, I don’t mind at all if we go down, the best time I had following this club was in division 3…so there would be no crying to my mummy….especially because she died 2 years ago. 

19 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's not 'vindictive' it's frustration which is an entirely different emotion. 

Vindictive isn't an emotion. We are all frustrated but do we really need a negative spin on events we know little about. There is enough that is already evident that is awful without seeking to find more.  

13 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

And what would you have said if he had played the under 11’s and one of them had snapped their ankle..? Like you say, the guy can’t win 

and just so you know, I don’t mind at all if we go down, the best time I had following this club was in division 3…so there would be no crying to my mummy….especially because she died 2 years ago. 

They wouldn’t have played the U11’s ? that’s why I said the 23s. That’s what he should of done. Like I said. Oh right, I don’t think any rams fan would particularly like it if we got relegated. Shouldn’t really say a remark like that to someone else then should you really ? 

20 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I think that it is good that he's doing exercise and sharing his skills.

On the other hand, it is more risky and dangerous for someone lacking fitness to be playing with and tackling first team players - especially with reaction times reduced, if not addled, by alcohol.

Accidents happen, but did it arise from a justifiable risk?

Wouldn’t mind him doing some exercise and drills mate, just don’t think he should be going in for tackles with the squad the way it is. I’m all for the passing drills and exercise 

13 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

They wouldn’t have played the U11’s ? that’s why I said the 23s. That’s what he should of done. Like I said. Oh right, I don’t think any rams fan would particularly like it if we got relegated. Shouldn’t really say a remark like that to someone else then should you really ? 

Didn’t it say it happened at Pennyhill Park? What was he meant to do send a cab for one of the 23s to grab some kit and travel from Derby?

Surely the easiest thing to do would be the club coming out and making a statement to the effect of we are aware of the recent allegations about the current managers behaviour and the club find no wrongdoing whatsoever and continue to fully support the manager in his role. 

But seeing as the football club are such fantastic communicators then there more chance of plaiting piss. 

17 minutes ago, sage said:

Vindictive isn't an emotion. We are all frustrated but do we really need a negative spin on events we know little about. There is enough that is already evident that is awful without seeking to find more.  

Being vindictive is having a desire for revenge and/or to cause anguish and hurt.  I'd classify that as being representative of a certain emotional state or a particularly unpleasant behavioural trait that can manifest itself due to certain past events that can be conceived of as an emotional trait. 

You keep banging on about this 'seeking to find more negatives' but it's nonsense quite honestly. People aren't going out seeking to find problems with the club to moan about they just keep popping up left right and centre. The club's in a mess and every time something else goes wrong it's immensely frustrating. Now, some people may be able to explain away these problems and seek to focus on the very few positives, others (like myself) are coming to the end of their tether with key leaders at the club as to how much more we can be expected to put up with.

8 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Didn’t it say it happened at Pennyhill Park? What was he meant to do send a cab for one of the 23s to grab some kit and travel from Derby?

Send enough of the more talented 23s to play in a competitive match. Send enough to do whatever sessions they want to do. Seeing as the squad is the way it is I thought he would of done that anyway, because quite a few of them may be needed this season. So yes 

Just now, BuckoBeast said:

Send enough of the more talented 23s to play in a competitive match. Send enough to do whatever sessions they want to do. Seeing as the squad is the way it is I thought he would of done that anyway, because quite a few of them may be needed this season. So yes 

It's done. How is any of this blame-throwing going to help?

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Being vindictive is having a desire for revenge and/or to cause anguish and hurt.  I'd classify that as being representative of a certain emotional state or a particularly unpleasant behavioural trait that can manifest itself due to certain past events that can be conceived of as an emotional trait. 

You keep banging on about this 'seeking to find more negatives' but it's nonsense quite honestly. People aren't going out seeking to find problems with the club to moan about they just keep popping up left right and centre. The club's in a mess and every time something else goes wrong it's immensely frustrating. Now, some people may be able to explain away these problems and seek to focus on the very few positives, others (like myself) are coming to the end of their tether with key leaders at the club as to how much more we can be expected to put up with.

But it's exactly what you did.

You don't know what happened in that tackle, yet you clearly suggested it was a bad or reckless tackle from Rooney.

You don't know. You just made it up to fit your argument.

I'm sorry if we aren't in a bad enough state to satisfy your blood lust.

Stick to the facts. There are enough of them.