@B4ev6is

Boris Johnson

Ted Lasso

The reanimated corpse of Dame Vera Lynn

Claire Ince

The decapitated head of a 70's era Action Man

Purple Aki

Anybody who shows some "PASHUN!"

B4ev6is is a good shout. He'd certainly show some passion.

34 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Might sound a strange one but doesn't look like Roy Hodgson going to be given a contract at Crystal Palace maybe see if his interested for next season, couldn't do any worse than Rooney and has a lot of experience. 

I don't mean this in a horrible way but he would only be a very short term option, 74 years old in August. 

27 minutes ago, rynny said:

Is that like getting Edmundson to take long throws? 

I absolutely loved the long throws. Quite why after the first 10 we cleared at the front post, under no pressure, we didn't put someone there to win the first ball is beyond me ?

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I absolutely loved the long throws. Quite why after the first 10 we cleared at the front post, under no pressure, we didn't put someone there to win the first ball is beyond me ?

Because the best person to win them was taking them. 

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Realistic alternatives that are better than our current manager - 

Purple Aki

Might help convince a few of our lads to focus on technique and cardio in an effort to stay well clear of the gym.

Edited by Anon

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Realistic alternatives that are better than our current manager - 

@B4ev6is

Boris Johnson

Ted Lasso

The reanimated corpse of Dame Vera Lynn

Claire Ince

The decapitated head of a 70's era Action Man

Purple Aki

Anybody who shows some "PASHUN!"

All those.....other than Doris.....

2 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Might sound a strange one but doesn't look like Roy Hodgson going to be given a contract at Crystal Palace maybe see if his interested for next season, couldn't do any worse than Rooney and has a lot of experience. 

Would think retirement can't be too far away for Woy......

On 01/05/2021 at 09:29, Jimbo Ram said:

Really, another rookie with no managerial experience after what has gone on with Wazza ? 

I think Rangers fans might not agree with you that rookie always equals failure. Likewise Arsenal fans, with Arteta winning the FA Cup in his first season, or Liverpool fans, with Kenny Dalglish winning the double in his first season and Chris Wilder won the Northern Counties East Football League Premier Division with Alfreton in his first season. FWIW, I agree with you on it not being a rookie - we need an Arthur or a Jim character - but there is more to where we are than hiring someone into their first managerial role.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

I think Rangers fans might not agree with you that rookie always equals failure. Likewise Arsenal fans, with Arteta winning the FA Cup in his first season, or Liverpool fans, with Kenny Dalglish winning the double in his first season and Chris Wilder won the Northern Counties East Football League Premier Division with Alfreton in his first season. FWIW, I agree with you on it not being a rookie - we need an Arthur or a Jim character - but there is more to where we are than hiring someone into their first managerial role.

Arteta had a senior coaching role at Man City for 3 years and won honours there. Wilder makes my point perfectly, starting lower down the leagues first and being successful there (and learning from his mistakes at that level first) and progressing from there to a job like Sheff Utd. Gerrard makes my point even better starting right down in the SPL.....Dalglish is the only one you mention that bucks the trend.

29 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

I haven't read the previous 20 pages so it might have been suggested and poopooed already but if we're relegated, I wouldn't mind nipping down the a38 to pinch Hasslebaink

A bit up and down.....