We deserve better.

RoyMac5

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mozza said:

Gone downhill ever since the Joiners episode.. 

I honestly think this incident has been a huge reason for our recent troubles.

Yes, there are other factors - FFP, poor recruitment, poor managerial appointments etc.

But that night wrecked last season and something hasn’t been right since.  Keogh was big for the team and the changing room. He was a very good player at this level (pre injury, not now) was a leader and played forward a lot. He was key to how we played. Morale has been hit since. Yes, there are other factors, but that night was a disaster. 

1 hour ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Our players aren't very good.  Sorry guys but, that is the be all and end all. 

Neither are Millwall's, Luton's, Barnsley's etc. Sure they've got a few good players in there (so do we), but they also have a group of average players who are working together to achieve results and performances better than their level and a manager who's able to get the most out of his squad.

Meanwhile we have a similar team (a few good players here and there but a lot of bang average Championship players) in which the only players performing to their full ability (or near to) are probably Clarke, Shinnie and Byrne, but they just so happen to play in positions that can't really go and win us games. And our manager and previous manager certainly haven't helped things with the tactical decisions made and inability to instil a belief in the players that they don't need to be afraid of every team they match up against. 

2 hours ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Our players aren't very good.  Sorry guys but, that is the be all and end all. 

Same players that were top of the form league?

Obviously Beilik played his part but I the 6 games after his injury we still put together a run of 3 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats.

Anyone who tells us it’s solely down to the players being poo is talking out their arris

The problem is not so much the manager, more the fact that we created opportunities to score and don’t take them at one end. At the other end we, our defenders (all of them) under no pressure from the opposition gift crucial goals away. 

4 minutes ago, bcnram said:

The problem is not so much the manager, more the fact that we created opportunities to score and don’t take them at one end. At the other end we, our defenders (all of them) under no pressure from the opposition gift crucial goals away. 

Spot on it’s our decision making in both boxes that’s costing us points we deserved something from our last 2 games and we look more lively going forward but we are finding a way to lose matches by gifting sloppy goals and being wasteful at the other end.

21 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Agree. I see nothing wrong with this team that two key players wouldn't fix, a Martin and a Keogh. Not Martin and Keogh, but two players of that calibre when near their best.

Everything else I saw last night was fine, even without Bielik.

I think it's the pressure of the situation leading to both the missed chances and mistakes at the back but we haven't got the on the pitch warriors to lead by example and rally the team to the cause.

49 minutes ago, bcnram said:

The problem is not so much the manager, more the fact that we created opportunities to score and don’t take them at one end. At the other end we, through our inept defending, under no pressure from the opposition gift crucial goals away. 

I think you've hit the nail on the head, but it's not always the fault of our defenders. When we're defending free kicks and corners, we pull all ten players back so there's no 'out ball' and we seem to take it in turns to defend poorly.

52 minutes ago, angieram said:

Agree. I see nothing wrong with this team that two key players wouldn't fix, a Martin and a Keogh. Not Martin and Keogh, but two players of that calibre when near their best.

I think it's the pressure of the situation leading to both the missed chances and mistakes at the back but we haven't got the on the pitch warriors to lead by example and rally the team to the cause.

Angie yes this is totally it. And dont mention the M word at this point or you will have to moderate yourself!

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Except for his goals, and ability in the air in defence and attack, and drive forward in possession. His passing ability, his awareness of play, his physicality. 

We don't deserve anything. We're not a 'big club' and despite having a fairly large fanbase in terms of numbers, we're not exactly the most supportive bunch. The crowd are quick to turn and there's always a scapegoat. The atmosphere at Pride Park is cack for the most part unless we're three nil up with minutes remaining. With this group of players we'd probably be even worse with a crowd in attendance. Chants of 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' is hardly going to be a great help to a team lacking talent and confidence. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except for his goals, and ability in the air in defence and attack, and drive forward in possession. His passing ability, his awareness of play, his physicality. 

I think you misunderstood me, with Bielik we would of course be better, but midfield wasn't the problem last night.

Two long balls over the top, Wisdom mistake and an unmarked header from a corner (after a sly push.) 

I know you don't rate Bird but I thought he had a good game last night.

36 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

We don't deserve anything. We're not a 'big club' and despite having a fairly large fanbase in terms of numbers, we're not exactly the most supportive bunch. The crowd are quick to turn and there's always a scapegoat. The atmosphere at Pride Park is cack for the most part unless we're three nil up with minutes remaining. With this group of players we'd probably be even worse with a crowd in attendance. Chants of 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' is hardly going to be a great help to a team lacking talent and confidence. 

Find your comments slightly strange alluding to the "issue" of our toxic fan base at home - we haven't had a home crowd all season so you can't lay the teams poor performance at the supporters door. 

To answer the original point we should be realising a higher standard of play from the players Rooney has at his disposal, whether we deserve this or not is another matter.

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Find your comments slightly strange alluding to the "issue" of our toxic fan base at home - we haven't had a home crowd all season so you can't lay the teams poor performance at the supporters door. 

To answer the original point we should be realising a higher standard of play from the players Rooney has at his disposal, whether we deserve this or not is another matter.

I said even worse. 

Archived