We deserve better.

RoyMac5

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Oops. Pressed submit too soon. I'm not blaming the crowd for how poor we are currently but I believe that with fans in the ground and how quick to moan Derby supporters are we'd be bottom. So even worse than we are now. 

We aren't the only club with fans who are quick to moan when things are going bad though. Huddersfield, Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday, Blackburn, Forest, Preston and Bristol City are all teams around us in the league who's fans would be fuming with how they've performed this season. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I think you misunderstood me, with Bielik we would of course be better, but midfield wasn't the problem last night.

Two long balls over the top, Wisdom mistake and an unmarked header from a corner (after a sly push.) 

I know you don't rate Bird but I thought he had a good game last night.

I don't think midfield was a big problem last night either. Although neither of them are good in the air.

5 minutes ago, Coneheadjohn said:

Only thing we definitely deserve is to be able to take in flasks,pork pies and whatever else we want food wise rather than paying the extortionate prices.

With regards to the football,you pay your money and take your chance.

At lest none of you had to go to see it in person.  I think we should just ignore this season as if nothing happened.  Relegation, well that was because of the nasty EFL and the 12 points penalty, effing disgrace

What I find bizarre is that people prioritise defending the position they took on Cocu or Rooney over discussing the reality of where we are heading. A combination of things, most of which were called out along the way by the good folks on here have led us to the position we are in. Last night I thought Bradley Johnson had a distinctvley average performance but as you churn through the games the know how of this type of championship player massively contributes to be at a required base level to get through the championship season. Nothing has cost us this season more than the lack of general championship experience and the lack of an average goal scorer at this level.  We’re now looking down the barrel hit by injuries and an inexperienced manager who keeps adapting his approach to find answers to the problems we face which have included going from  ‘back to basics’ to playing 3 wingers and an attacking midfielder up front which is very similar to the pattern of the end of Cocu’s tenure. The ability of this team with  Bielik would be mid table, without him it’s where it deserves to be. The seeds of this high potential relegation was sown in the Lampard to Chelsea saga and compounded with an over reliance on bringing academy players through to the first team, not replacing Martin and a proven championship number 8. My thoughts are already moving to how the hell will we get back in the championship next season.

1 minute ago, Orphanram said:

What I find bizarre is that people prioritise defending the position they took on Cocu or Rooney over discussing the reality of where we are heading. A combination of things, most of which were called out along the way by the good folks on here have led us to the position we are in. Last night I thought Bradley Johnson had a distinctvley average performance but as you churn through the games the know how of this type of championship player massively contributes to be at a required base level to get through the championship season. Nothing has cost us this season more than the lack of general championship experience and the lack of an average goal scorer at this level.  We’re now looking down the barrel hit by injuries and an inexperienced manager who keeps adapting his approach to find answers to the problems we face which have included going from  ‘back to basics’ to playing 3 wingers and an attacking midfielder up front which is very similar to the pattern of the end of Cocu’s tenure. The ability of this team with  Bielik would be mid table, without him it’s where it deserves to be. The seeds of this high potential relegation was sown in the Lampard to Chelsea saga and compounded with an over reliance on bringing academy players through to the first team, not replacing Martin and a proven championship number 8. My thoughts are already moving to how the hell will we get back in the championship next season.

Absolutely spot on. Squad too thin, too many academy products, not enough experienced championship pros. Relegation.

Archived