Bucko to coach the U23s

Carl Sagan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Love Bucko - we all do - but is he the right person to be training the kids on quick pass and move football? Or is it a reflection on the new tactics employed by the first team?

To be fair, when Bucko was playing under Mac 1 and formed the partnership with Keogh, his passing range was superb. Better than anyone in our current team. 

The tactics currently being employed by the first team is sideways and back, if we went more direct and back to how Rooney picked up points it would only be a good thing. 

Were a joke.

Detach your self from the sentiment, and I was one of his biggest admirers, but why are we employing him?

Having watched his embarrassing failure at Burton it's lost on me.

It's bad enough appointing unproven novices but employing ex players that are a proven failure just beggars belief. No wonder we are in such a mess.

29 minutes ago, Pearson. said:

Were a joke.

Detach your self from the sentiment, and I was one of his biggest admirers, but why are we employing him?

It's bad enough appointing unproven novices but employing ex players that are a proven failure just beggars belief. No wonder we are in such a mess.

A lot of ex players become youth team coaches at their old clubs.

Jody Morris at Chelsea

Nicky Butt at Man Utd

Darren Wassall & Rory Delap at Derby

Liam Rosenior at Brighton

I think Rowett was coaching in our acadamy before he left for Burton. I am sure there will be plenty more other examples too but you moan about a novice manager then criticise the ones who start further down the food chain to gain experience.

54 minutes ago, Pearson. said:

Were a joke.

He’s gone from being a First Team Manager to Temporary Under-23s Assistant Manager.

Do you expect him to never work again? Does he get no chance to rebuild his career? 

24 minutes ago, cannable said:

He’s gone from being a First Team Manager to Temporary Under-23s Assistant Manager.

Do you expect him to never work again? Does he get no chance to rebuild his career? 

I agree.

He was a great example of someone who had to fight like mad to have a professional career, had to constantly fight for his place, never gave up, never moaned, just got on with proving people wrong and putting a shift in whenever called upon.

He might just have a sound knowledge of what sort of attitude could help a lad to make it. Skil, technical ability, talent, whatever you call it, is not enough, you have to have the mental strength to take the knocks, lose your place, be criticised and be able to fight back, wait for your chance, work on your weaknesses. 

Jake might not be a great manager but there is no reason why he couldn't be a great coach.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

I agree.

He was a great example of someone who had to fight like mad to have a professional career, had to constantly fight for his place, never gave up, never moaned, just got on with proving people wrong and putting a shift in whenever called upon.

He might just have a sound knowledge of what sort of attitude could help a lad to make it. Skil, technical ability, talent, whatever you call it, is not enough, you have to have the mental strength to take the knocks, lose your place, be criticised and be able to fight back, wait for your chance, work on your weaknesses. 

Jake might not be a great manager but there is no reason why he couldn't be a great coach.

Fantastic Post

13 hours ago, Pearson. said:

Were a joke.

wow i bet you're fun at parties.

Archived