Final 8 Starting Line Up

DCFC1388

Wondering what everyones starting 11 would be for the final 8 games?

On paper todays line up looked good but they simply didnt perform.

Personally I think we have looked pretty solid with a back 3 and we got more points by being more direct. I dont care about the style of performance in these 8 games, we just need the points.

I would go with a 3412, similar to how we came out 2nd half vs Brentford. Go more direct and play off the front 2.

GK - Marshall

CB - Edmundson

CB - Mengi

CB - Clarke

RWB - Byrne

CM - Knight

CM - Shinnie

LWB - Buchanan / Forsyth

CAM - Sibley / Lawrence / Roberts / Watson

ST - CKR

ST - Gregory

Subs - Roos Forsyth Wisdom Bird Watson Lawrence Jozwiak Roberts Waghorn

Depending on the opponent would determine if Buchanan or Forysth start. Player in the CAM role will depend on performances & fitness. Edmundson looked decent when he has played and a threat on set pieces. Feel he was unlucky to be dropped recently and Wisdom has been poor imo.

That for me is a decent 11 and a strong bench, should have more than enough to win a few of the remaining games.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

GK - Marshall

CB - Edmundson

CB - Mengi

CB - Clarke

RWB - Byrne

CM - Knight

CM - Shinnie

LWB - Buchanan / Forsyth

CAM - Sibley / Lawrence / Roberts / Watson

ST - CKR

ST - Gregory

4 1 3 2 go for it, scare the opposition to death! Attack, attack, attack 

GK - Marshall

CB - Edmundson

CB - Clarke

RB - Byrne

LB - Forsyth

DM - Shinnie

ARM - Roberts

ACM - Sibley

ALM - Lawrence 

ST - CKR

ST - Gregory

image.png.a1e8096fa03a1b53a72805fce476d9a4.png

I'd just go with a common formation most players are familiar with.

I'd drop some of the academy player for more experienced players 

We desperately need a player who can link the midfield with the attack and Lawrence is the only player we have who can remotely do that.

CKR looks completely burnt out in my opinion and Gregory's looked relatively impressive recently.

Could sub on Edmundson to make it a back 3 to see out games.

3 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

We desperately need a player who can link the midfield with the attack and Lawrence is the only player we have who can remotely do that.

CKR looks completely burnt out in my opinion and Gregory's looked relatively impressive recently.

Continue with  2 holding midfielders, has that worked? Crying out for creativity and some goal treat...leave out Sibley?

9 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

mostly agree.

I also think Knight looks somewhat burnt out so would consider Baningime in place of him who is also more of a natural holding mid.

And maybe Mengi in for Wisdom who seems to be making a lot of mistakes currently. Mengi seems to be getting better every game.

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos

Byrne   Edmundson   Clarke   Buchanan

Bird   Knight/Shinnie

Roberts/Jozwiak   Sibley   Lawrence

Kazim

CBs who can both head the ball. More creative players out there at the same time.

I understand that line but can't help but it feel it would be more suited to the personnel and allow us to be more progressive by tweaking to a 433. 

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Continue with  2 holding midfielders, has that worked? Crying out for creativity and some goal treat...leave out Sibley?

Sibley has been very poor though.

Can we get any more creative than Lawrence, Jozwiak, Roberts all together

The problem is not the formation its the lacklustre, boring, slow tempo, zero intensity tactics.

4 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Sibley has been very poor though.

Can we get any more creative than Lawrence, Jozwiak, Roberts all together

The problem is not the formation its the lacklustre, boring, slow tempo, zero intensity tactics.

But part of the negative mindset stems from playing both Knight and Shinnie. I would play Sibley instead of Knight. Joswiak has been very ineffective on the whole too...

5 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Yep.

Doesn't matter what random selection of players is made.

And, afterwards, Rooney will say "That performance was unacceptable".

We have options, but none of them inspire confidence. I don’t see us winning a game of our own accord. We are relying on the opposition to lay an ostrich egg.

Ordinarily you might think we have some good players but all of them have been stripped of belief, positivity and confidence to the extent that it makes you wonder where a performance is coming from. I am not even sure we will beat Luton, Birmingham or Wednesday on current form.

But here it goes:

Roos

Byrne - Wisdom - Clarke - Buchanan

Bird

Knight - Sibley

Jozwiak - CKR - Lawrence

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos

Byrne   Edmundson   Clarke   Buchanan

Bird   Knight/Shinnie

Roberts/Jozwiak   Sibley   Lawrence

Kazim

CBs who can both head the ball. More creative players out there at the same time.

This!!! Although if Buchanan doesn’t rediscover some form I’d put Fozzy in

We can do as many line ups as we like but it’s how the tactics are deployed that’s they problem here.

Today was a prime example I mostly agreed with the line up, but when they kicked off and we had 7 defensive players, a massive gap and then 3 attackers I knew it was going to be a long and ultimately painful game. 

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

mostly agree.

I also think Knight looks somewhat burnt out so would consider Baningime in place of him who is also more of a natural holding mid.

And maybe Mengi in for Wisdom who seems to be making a lot of mistakes currently. Mengi seems to be getting better every game.

But in our one brief positive spell this season, Clarke & Wisdom were playing quite well together, hasn't Mengi made mistakes as well?

Archived