Final 8 Starting Line Up

DCFC1388

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

he's had a lot of chances off the bench though

10 minutes at the end of games when we're losing?

Thrown in with the weakest side we've fielded all season against Cardiff? 

Made a big impact when given 45 vs Brentford, only to be ditched again due to Rooney's poor tactics at half time against Stoke.

Yeah... lots of chances.

14 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Blimey, there's some ballsy calls in there - Shinnie out for Baningime, who you're then going to take off for Gregory if we need to attack. Sibley and Knight in the centre mid, Watson to replace Knight anyway.

Look, it's a forum and you're entitled but if that's what wins games I would be very, very surprised.

I was more making the point that we brought in Baningime and haven't really played him. The Shinnie/Knight partnership in midfield hasn't been setting the world on fire, so why not give him a go in the CDM position and see how he performs. 

Taking off the CDM for Gregory was more a mid game move to make the side more attacking. Of course you could make the side more balanced when doing that by having Knight/Shinnie in there, but it might be good to try having a forward passer in there.

Watson deserves a shout. The suggestion was to give him a go if Knight is looking leggy and isn't performing. He's a positive player and a forward passer, which we are desperately lacking.

I don't think I've suggested anything too outlandish. I'd actually suggest that if Mac took over tomorrow and picked a side it wouldn't be too far off what I suggested there.

CKR         Gregory

Lawrence     Knight      Shinnie      Jozwiak

Forsyth       Clarke      Wisdom        Byrne

Marshall

Go direct and get some points.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

CKR         Gregory

Marshall

I actually think this is what we should do....

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

10 minutes at the end of games when we're losing?

Thrown in with the weakest side we've fielded all season against Cardiff? 

Made a big impact when given 45 vs Brentford, only to be ditched again due to Rooney's poor tactics at half time against Stoke.

Yeah... lots of chances.

What are the stats on appearances, particularly starts for Sibley since his MOM performance away at Brum in December? Perhaps it is my memory and mistake but I can’t really remember him having many opportunities at all. Keep seeing comments that he has been poor, not taken his chance etc, is that the case ?

31 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What are the stats on appearances, particularly starts for Sibley since his MOM performance away at Brum in December? Perhaps it is my memory and mistake but I can’t really remember him having many opportunities at all. Keep seeing comments that he has been poor, not taken his chance etc, is that the case ?

image.png.8b10604ce70e6a75f5d6f54f4ed8daa3.png

Think we’ve only looked like scoring remotely consistently with 2 up top, Wisdom is up and mainly down for me, buchanan needs a bit of a rest. 41212:

marshall

byrne.   Edmundson.    Clarke.    Fozzy

Shinnie/knight/baningime

Joz/roberts.                 Lawrence/sibley

Sibley/lawrence/watson

CKR.     Gregory/waghorn

3 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

CKR         Gregory

Marshall

Roberts for Joz and I think that’s quite decent 

On 20/03/2021 at 21:13, DCFC1388 said:

Wondering what everyones starting 11 would be for the final 8 games?

On paper todays line up looked good but they simply didnt perform.

Personally I think we have looked pretty solid with a back 3 and we got more points by being more direct. I dont care about the style of performance in these 8 games, we just need the points.

We HAVE to start attacking more and at the moment Rooney doesn't seem to be picking enough attack minded players to do that

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan

Shinnie Knight

Roberts Sibely Lawrence

Kaz

Feels a bit lightweight in midfield but without Bielik we don't have anyone else - Think we need 4 attack minded players in there with Knight, Byrne and Buchanan to support

Playing 3 at the back frees up Byrne and Buchanan more BUT Shinnie and Knight seem to stay back and then you still have a 5 man defence most of the time 

On 23/03/2021 at 08:58, EulogyForEvolution said:

so why not give [Baningime] a go in the CDM position and see how he performs. 

This is the ridiculous position we’re in. We have 8 games left, a pretty big squad,  and one of our better options might be to start a 22 year old who’s barely played at all. 
These guys were recruited in January, surely by now the manager should have a clear view on how they’ll be used. 

Archived