El DerbyCo

roboto

20 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

Something seems to be bubbling away in the background. Collymore and Nixon have clearly been told something. As much as they’re both bankers, there’s not usually smoke without fire in this game. I would suspect whatever it is that’s bubbling is the reason the takeover hasn’t yet gone through

Thought Nixon said there was nothing in it?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Andicis said:

Do you believe that Collymore genuinely gives a duck about what happens to Derby? It doesn't really read as anything to me. But we've all seen people randomly make stuff up on the internet before and football fans are awful for just going along with every rumour, I seem to remember many on here believed Barry the ram. East Midlands today said nothing like what Collymore did. I don't really care whether you like or dislike Mel, saying he isn't a true fan because things didn't work out is just unfair. What is a ''true fan'' anyway, and who gets to police it? 

I think he probably does, yes. Rivalry aside, no one wants to see any football club go under - think of the impact on the community. I hate Forest as much as the next man, but would I want to see them go out of business? Absolutely not, that rivalry is a big part of both clubs, wouldn’t be the same without it.

I’m not saying you should trust 100% everything people say on Twitter, that would be foolish, there’s plenty of attention seekers out there like big bad bazza. But you have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, at least initially imo, and take note of what they say. Of course we’ve had other sources like Alan Nixon come out and say we’re not in any serious trouble right now, so maybe that’s true, none of us know for certain. I’m not saying we’re definitely going out of business, but any discussion of it is concerning to me at least. Now I’m no fan of Collymore, but I don’t think he’s on there attention seeking - he’s making a point about the dangers of having one man running a football club (and I agree with him on the suggestion of making it a maximum of 49% share per individual). You can blindly dismiss him if you so wish, but I don’t trust Mel enough to do that. I have little faith while he’s still in control of the club.

For what’s it worth, I’m not saying he’s not a true fan because things didn’t work out. Have no problem with him trying his best and failing. I’m criticising him for things not working out and then him abandoning the club, leaving someone else to sort out his mess. A true fan for me is someone who cares about the future of the club. Mel hasn’t shown himself to be that when he agreed to sell the club to Shiekh Khaled and Erik Alonso.

12 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

No he has crippled himself financially, the money is owed to him, if I was Mel I would want to escape from this baying mob ASAP 

I’m sure he’s lost money, but he put that money in and he was aware of the risks. The club is now on the brink of relegation to League One and financial collapse. Why do you think there’s a baying mob?! If Mel wasn’t a Derby man, the reaction on here to the current situation would be very, very different.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m sure he’s lost money, but he put that money in and he was aware of the risks. The club is now on the brink of relegation to League One and financial collapse. Why do you think there’s a baying mob?! If Mel wasn’t a Derby man, the reaction on here to the current situation would be very, very different.

A baying mob is nonsense, just fans that care and are not happy with some key decisions that have been made and left us in this precarious state. I think the fans have been pretty restrained...

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Very easy to say that based on his reputation, but I really don’t think any footballing person wants to see a club go out of business. Football is one community.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fears-calmed-over-off-field-issues-at-Derby-county/

It’s never great being in this position though. 

As for Stan i think he heard a rumour as had BBC East Midlands Today .

Natalie  Jackson said some staff are still furloughed and are really worried about the situation 

She had texted Alonso about takeover and he said all ok but let’s see what happens in next 2 games !

Im bricking it about the game tonight as I think it’s massive for Derby and Rotherham 

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

For what’s it worth, I’m not saying he’s not a true fan because things didn’t work out. Have no problem with him trying his best and failing. I’m criticising him for things not working out and then him abandoning the club, leaving someone else to sort out his mess. A true fan for me is someone who cares about the future of the club. Mel hasn’t shown himself to be that when he agreed to sell the club to Shiekh Khaled and Erik Alonso.

But he's still putting money in. He hasn't abandoned us. And we don't know what his reasoning for wanting to sell is. You can question whether Mel has been a successful owner, and I would agree that he hasn't been. But I think it's pretty scummy when you question whether he cares or not. 

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Now I’m no fan of Collymore, but I don’t think he’s on there attention seeking - he’s making a point about the dangers of having one man running a football club (and I agree with him on the suggestion of making it a maximum of 49% share per individual).

In my opinion, Collymore is one of the biggest attention seekers on that app. You think if there was information coming out of Derby about us being in trouble, John Percy, the one with actual sources, wouldn't have heard it? 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

But he's still putting money in. He hasn't abandoned us. And we don't know what his reasoning for wanting to sell is. You can question whether Mel has been a successful owner, and I would agree that he hasn't been. But I think it's pretty scummy when you question whether he cares or not. 

Agree, he hasn’t abandoned the club ?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, it would be bleeding typical if they nick 3 points. Strange to feel so nervous about a non Rams match ?

Brentford probably resting players which is worrying .

How the hell have Derby got in this mess both on and off the field 

53 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

How long does EFL approval take?

Is this too long or not. I have no idea, just asking?

We don’t know how long the fake Shielk’s took because all we heard was that it had been approved not when the EFL first received the request to look it over.

All the time without news causes concern but I have no idea if it’s justified or not. I can see why the club don’t want to provide an update because when they did with BZG they thought they knew what was happening but BZG, it turned out, were telling Mel porkies.

It’s frustrating that no one knows what’s happening but it doesn’t mean it has to be bad news which seems to be the go to position for many posters on here.

Wigan takeover took a few week to go through these tests, I believe ours started around Mon 12th so just over 2 weeks ago. Hopefully we hear something within the next week

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

There's no way a bloke who has fought in 5 professional boxing fights and is a small time agent has the money to run a football club. That's just not credible- the money is definitely coming from other backers. 

Pretty sure his family made a fortune from wine and vinyards. 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Pretty sure his family made a fortune from wine and vinyards. 

A) He's said he's not using his family's money  b) his family's net worth is estimated to be around 200 million which is not really enough to run a second division football club for an extended period of time unless they are willing to risk a substantial % of their own fortune. 

Archived