New management team required - NOW

4 minutes ago, wombatram said:

Can’t really believe most of the comments on this thread. Yes, we are all frustrated with the dire position we find ourselves, yes we are frustrated with the performances, but seriously, peeps calling for a complete management reshuffle? Where do you think the money is going to come from? We already made one decision this season that cost us millions (cocu), signing Wayne is costing us millions, the club is in millions of debt, financial penalty still looming, still no crowds aloud in to generate any money this season.... and yet, fans think the solution is to spend more money. Like, where the hell is that going to come from? 

Seriously... it’s pathetic. Some fans need to get a grip.... yes be passionate, yes be angry, yes want to see more... but this season is over... we have enough skill in the squad to stay up, and it will be close, but I think it’s high time some fans reset the expectations levels and start being realistic with suggestions. 

Think we were 4th in the 10 game form table going into the Forest game. A poor run of 2 points from 5 games and it's clear out time!

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, wombatram said:

but I think it’s high time some fans reset the expectations levels and start being realistic with suggestions. 

Huh? Our expectations are on the ground floor. Half of our fans are just happy too see us score the occasional goals. Nobody is demanding we win every games, but providing a bit of entertainment and being competitive is hardly unrealistic expectations, maybe it's time you raise your expectations?

45 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It actually aged fine. We've been on a dire run of form, one draw doesn't really change the fact that we're the second lowest scorers in the league and that up to the second half tonight, we'd been completely outplayed in our last 5 games. 

What this post doesn't state which aged is we are a team full of free transfers, cheap punts, loan players and academy players learning their trade on the job, this along with Rooney, who has inherited a poo show, a mishmash of different players from different eras and managers all from poor management in the past, hes learning on the job, personally I think all things considered with the many terrible decisions made in the past 6 years we could be in a worse position???

Just now, deano180 said:

What this post doesn't state which aged is we are a team full of free transfers, cheap punts, loan players and academy players learning their trade on the job, this along with Rooney, who has inherited a poo show, a mishmash of different players from different eras and managers all from poor management in the past, hes learning on the job, personally I think all things considered with the many terrible decisions made in the past 6 years we could be in a worse position???

No matter what you inherit, you should always be at the very least competitive in the Championship, and at times we haven't been. We could be in 5 positions worse, but we're still in a pretty bad one. 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No matter what you inherit, you should always be at the very least competitive in the Championship, and at times we haven't been. We could be in 5 positions worse, but we're still in a pretty bad one. 

So are you saying under Rooney's leadership we haven't been? Cause I'm pretty sure his PPG isnt where your previous post puts him? Some slack is required here.

Just now, deano180 said:

So are you saying under Rooney's leadership we haven't been? Cause I'm pretty sure his PPG isnt where you previous post puts him? Some slack is required here.

Against, Millwall, Coventry, and Cardiff this month alone we just haven't been in the game. You're obviously going to lose games, it's a given, but it's alarming how many games recently we've just rolled over.

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Maybe running out to some decent music, The Stranglers maybe ?

Haha! Why not, eh??

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Keep saying...... Blue shorts, red numbers. Simple.

You know what Mr. Exile. That is something I’d bloody love to see!

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Hoping that something will after the second half....maybe Rooney's going to learn from it.

Hopefully.

Let’s hope so mate. That second half was the best performance we’ve had in atleast 10(?) games!

5 hours ago, BIllyD said:

These bunch of players are some of the poorest I have seen and I have been supporting them a long long time.

We believe our academy is better than it is, we are having to play Wisdom at CB which says it all really about our recruitment. CKR has done well this season but is still limited and yet the best we have, creativity, someone said Knight is a good AM ? Joziawk or however you spell it, poo again, Watson looks a player when we have the ball but tonight is none existent. 

Second half we looked top six. Stop it. 

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Second half we looked top six. Stop it. 

Cant deny that. Are the players underperforming or are they just poo. As I said on another thread at HT, maybe it was an overreaction about the young players as they have shown glimpses of potential, they as others, need to prove though they can do it consistently.

12 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Why isn't @RoyMac5laugh-reacting at all my posts? Has he converted?!

Been very quiet recently after being the most prolific poster on the forum for some time. Trying to work out why that might be ?‍♂️

11 hours ago, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

Gonna keep saying it. No team stands out this division. Certainly no teams to be afraid of. Anyone can beat anyone.

We beat Norwich at their own place, no Bielik and we were coming off the back of getting shoed 0-4 at home by Blackburn. 

We'll be sound come the end of the season. Defo.

Did you watch the Norwich game? Ok, so we poohoused a 1-0 win but it's hardly conclusive evidence that we would win more than one from 10 against a team like Norwich. They bossed that game but were unusually profligate infront of goal and moreover, they are winning this league at an absolute canter.

10 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Think we were 4th in the 10 game form table going into the Forest game. A poor run of 2 points from 5 games and it's clear out time!

Are you overlooking the fact that we had Bielik in the heart of midfield for that run of games. He was absolutely bossing matches in that run of form and the degree to which we miss him should be obvious to one and all.

I don't think we're at the point when we need to be sacking the coaches but what some on here fail to understand, is that you can think that without necessarily thinking Rooney's appointment and the retention of the other coaches was the smartest move.

Let's see how we go over over the coming weeks. I think if Rooney has finally given in and conceded we need to approach games more positively, then we should avoid relegation quite comfortably. If we're still languishing in the bottom 5 or worse come the end of the season, then inevitably questions will be asked.

What we have is a Manager and Coaches in the infancy of their careers going forward they may go on to be at the very peak of these professions or they may not time . 

In the meantime each passing day and match is a learning experience for them. There will be mistakes and there will be good days all these will test and shape them and there will come a time when they either choose to leave or be asked too. 

Will be successful with them we will have to wait and see and ride along with the ups and downs time will tell but there are shoots of promise at times can those blossom only time will tell. 

12 hours ago, Pottig said:

This aged well. 

Can you tell me your exact thoughts when the HT whistle blew? 

After 5 games of rubbish, there’s no way anybody thought we’d come back to draw. 

The second half doesn’t paper over the cracks from the last 5 games. Only a win at Stoke will make the second half last night worth it. 

Archived