Will Rooney stay if takeover doesn’t happen

Curtains

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Some very good players available. It's not beyond possibility to build a top 6 sqaud without spending anything on transfer fees.

Exactly what I think GofC. Add a few top loanees and we could be top three maybe. Takeover would help, we hope.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That wage bill was for the 17/18 season. Even using pessimistic estimations for wages, the wage bill has to have dropped below £30m. Using more realistic estimations we'd be in the £20-25m mark. There were suggestions of Mel needing £2m a month to pay the players for the rest of the season which backs this up.

Maybe it's those one or two additions we need which will transform the team from fairly average to being a playoff contender?  We've seen the difference Bielik makes.

Similar to 13/14 when the additions of Eustace and Martin made a big difference?

I would imagine the club wage bill must be about in line with what gets brought in now in a usual season, not accounting for transfer costs which will probably be on a spend what you sell basis for sometime.  On the other hand it could be worse .  Forests FFP bird must be coming home to roost again as they posted a 32 million loss for 19/20 and that's without this seasons new 15 player wage bonanza and associated fees on top.

6 hours ago, Rampage said:

Exactly what I think GofC. Add a few top loanees and we could be top three maybe. Takeover would help, we hope.

2CBs and 1AM look to be missing from the starting lineup for next season. Academy players can fill most of the small gaps, maybe someone like Delap on loan for the rotation option at CF, competing with Kazim.

We should be going in for the likes of Phillips (Liverpool), Long (Burnley) and maybe even Ream (Fulham) or McIntyre (Reading)for the CBs. For an outside the box option there's Schonlau from Paderborn (German 2nd division).

For AM there's Powell (Stoke), Emiliano (Brentford) and Bernabe (Man City). Or if we want a CM instead there's Bannan (Weds) and Rothwell (Blackburn).

At CF, there's Balogun (Arsenal), Fletcher (Boro), Diedhiou (Bristol), Dursun (Darmstadt).

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I would imagine the club wage bill must be about in line with what gets brought in now in a usual season, not accounting for transfer costs which will probably be on a spend what you sell basis for sometime.  On the other hand it could be worse .  Forests FFP bird must be coming home to roost again as they posted a 32 million loss for 19/20 and that's without this seasons new 15 player wage bonanza and associated fees on top.

Their accounts said £16m with £5m loan write off for 19/20 which must have put them close to the P&S limit. Without another £10m sale early in the summer I can't see them passing the 2021 period. Next season becomes even more difficult for them.

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Some very good players available. It's not beyond possibility to build a top 6 sqaud without spending anything on transfer fees.

If you were out of contract and a top-6 level player, would you choose Derby? 

51 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

If you were out of contract and a top-6 level player, would you choose Derby? 

Guaranteed game time, I'd likely be one of the missing ingredients to make it a top 6 squad, playing at a big club under Rooney. There's a reasonable chance I would. Obviously, it depends what other offers come in.

12 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

The way I heard things just before kick off Eric seemed to infer that others are waiting to take over at a bargain basement price. Surely if the right buyer comes along they will have excess cash for players and to entice Wayne to stay.

Maybe I've still got my rose tinted specs on but we still have grounds for cautious optimism.

It was after the game they made the comments 

Season ticket money next season will be very significantly down because this seasons season ticket holders will be refunded or will carry on to next season. 

Very difficult situation without significant funding or investment 

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

We do need some new players but under ffp even if the owner has the available funds, we’re not allowed to spend it (unless income exceeds costs by several millions per annum).

we had wages >40m. Income @30m, so the financial landscape has to shift significantly before we can go on a bit of a spending spree. I sometimes wonder whether the managers understand this. Even Frank admitted he had no idea of the financial implications of ffp prior to his arrival. 

Furthermore do we really need major investment? 
apart from one or two obvious  gaps, we have the majority of the players we need, but we are not making the most of what we have.

How do you work that out. 

The best Academy players have had chances and it’s damn near relegated us before the senior players returned to bolster the 1st team under Rooney. 

13 hours ago, Rampage said:

Apparently there are 150 EFL players out of contract at the end of this season to choose from. Should be quite a scramble.

Is that unusual?. Only just over 6 per club. With average contract lengths I would expect it's fairly normal for this point in the season, with renewals being negotiated before the end.

2 hours ago, Floppy Sausage said:

I think we will be looking at loans next season, regardless of takeover. The players available to Rooney should be a lot stronger than what was available in January. For example, if we can pick up players like Liam Delap, we will be looking good.

Linked with Bournemouth. Not sure why he'd come back to a club he didn't want to be at and might not be that welcome after his behaviour in Citeh's U2 game with us most recently. Seems a bit of a bell to me even allowing for the fact he's young.

53 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Linked with Bournemouth. Not sure why he'd come back to a club he didn't want to be at and might not be that welcome after his behaviour in Citeh's U2 game with us most recently. Seems a bit of a bell to me even allowing for the fact he's young.

Ah, the terrible 2s. You expect bad behaviour at that age though.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

How do you work that out. 

The best Academy players have had chances and it’s damn near relegated us before the senior players returned to bolster the 1st team under Rooney. 

Ok? Last week you were singing the praises of Louie Watson and calling for him to start. 

Archived