Will Rooney stay if takeover doesn’t happen

Curtains

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlikely imo.

I said in another thread if he manages to keep Derby up after taking over halfway through a season when we were bottom, his stock will be quite high.  If he stays here without investment what is he likely to achieve next season?  

I would love to see us get some serious investment and for WR to stay, but the two are very much linked imo.

I would be surprised if he did and given the fact Mel is unlikely to spend big again,once the loans have gone back we are back to bare bones again and would have to rely on the kids again who are to be fair not up to it for a full season.

We need at least 5 quality players in this squad to even a shout of a decent season next term,plus there is still so much uncertainty over Covid there is no guarantee we will see crowds back to the level were we can even cover the cost of players wages,im amazed clubs including Derby have not folded this season certainly in the lower divisions.

I do think Wayne will be looking for at least some assurances. 

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Unlikely imo.

I said in another thread if he manages to keep Derby up after taking over halfway through a season when we were bottom, his stock will be quite high.  If he stays here without investment what is he likely to achieve next season?  

I would love to see us get some serious investment and for WR to stay, but the two are very much linked imo.

I think you are right. 

The club need the takeover as players out of contract and the inclination without funds would possibly be let them all go. 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

That’s not the insinuation 

You said that Steele postulated that Rooney would leave if the club was taken over as he was inferring that he wouldn't get funds for transfers. So how does Steele know if we did get taken over Rooney wouldn't get these funds?

Or am I being thick. Am only requoting what you original point was. 

I think he'll stay. His "something special happening here" isn't vacuous pr. He sees a Club that is set up in every way. We have a now-steady stream of young players coming through. I think WR wants to see it through. Lampard went for the rapid rise and has now fizzled out. WR loves football and is wise and knows if he gets us up in the next couple of years his stock will be set for his next project. 

WR sees the bigger picture. And right now there are no other clubs that are any more secure. And he knows he's not yet ready for a top Prem Club. So, relax, enjoy the inexorable rise of the next couple of seasons. In Fide Fiducia, my friends. We are on the brink on another special period in our history. Just be patient. Enjoy the moments that are around the corner... 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

You said that Steele postulated that Rooney would leave if the club was taken over as he was inferring that he wouldn't get funds for transfers. So how does Steele know if we did get taken over Rooney wouldn't get these funds?

Or am I being thick. Am only requoting what you original point was. 

You are just misinterpreting the facts .

If we get taken over and the funds are available it’s highly likely Rooney would stay and build a team for a promotion attempt next season.

If a takeover doesn’t happen then it’s in MM court as to how the club is funded  

It was Ed and Eric’s opinion that Rooney wouldn’t stay  

Just now, Curtains said:

You are just misinterpreting the facts .

If we get taken over and the funds are available it’s highly likely Rooney would stay and build a team for a promotion attempt next season.

If a takeover doesn’t happen then it’s in MM court as to how the club is funded  

It was Ed and Eric’s opinion that Rooney wouldn’t stay  

I'm just going on what you quoted whether the content be factual or otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I think he'll stay. His "something special happening here" isn't vacuous pr. He sees a Club that is set up in every way. We have a now-steady stream of young players coming through. I think WR wants to see it through. Lampard went for the rapid rise and has now fizzled out. WR loves football and is wise and knows if he gets us up in the next couple of years his stock will be set for his next project. 

WR sees the bigger picture. And right now there are no other clubs that are any more secure. And he knows he's not yet ready for a top Prem Club. So, relax, enjoy the inexorable rise of the next couple of seasons. In Fide Fiducia, my friends. We are on the brink on another special period in our history. Just be patient. Enjoy the moments that are around the corner... 

That would be very good but as I say it was a discussion on RD and it was very interesting to be honest. 

Ed and Eric are good together with Chris chipping in with his snip bits. 

I think Chris Coles is superb at what he does. 

13 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Are you being a tad over optimistic mate 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

That would be very good but as I say it was a discussion on RD and it was very interesting to be honest. 

Ed and Eric are good together with Chris chipping in with his snip bits. 

I think Chris Coles is superb at what he does. 

They have to fill air time and yes their discussions are interesting. I like Chris Coles and Eric adds an air of very knowledgeable gravitas. I happen to think that WR has a level of emotional intelligence and wisdom that are beyond his years and has absorbed a great deal from his years in the game. During an interview, the contrast between his grinning countenance that evokes an impish outlook is in stark contrast to the cognitive cogs that are whirring in his head that give the hidden message "I may know more than I'm letting on - you decide". 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Are you being a tad over optimistic mate 

No. I'm a pessimist about most things in life. I would actually say a realist. So my optimism here is uncannily out of character for me. I just base it on the evidence I see...I tell it how it seems to me. 

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

No. I'm a pessimist about most things in life. I would actually say a realist. So my optimism here is uncannily out of character for me. I just base it on the evidence I see...I tell it how it seems to me. 

Fair enough. 

Is it the return of the Clough ,Cox or Smith era lol 

I think the only way Rooney will stay is if he has the funds to compete in the top 10. That could be from a takeover or from Mel becoming re-involved. 

Conversely, we could have a takeover where no money is available to strengthen the squad. In this case, I think Rooney will be off.

If he keeps us up from where we were, I'd imagine he'd at least be in the frame for some top-flight jobs if they became available. Any of the relegated clubs, too. He's handling himself very impressively and has good contacts. He'd be able to handle Premier League egos.

I guess he'd be less interested if he felt he had at least some money to play with in summer to do what he wants to do. Gregory apart, the loans suggest he's got a good eye for a player. 

Archived