Will Rooney stay if takeover doesn’t happen

Curtains

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I can, if we don’t have any more to spend. He’ll want to go somewhere with ambition.

I can’t, he can see the potential here, great ground, fan base, training facilities and academy....can only see him leaving for a prem club and that is some way off for me.......

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I can’t, he can see the potential here, great ground, fan base, training facilities and academy....can only see him leaving for a prem club and that is some way off for me.......

All that counts for nothing though without funding, at the moment this football club has zero potential. The ground, training facilities and academy will all go down the drain if we don’t find some money, and fast.

31 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

All that counts for nothing though without funding, at the moment this football club has zero potential. The ground, training facilities and academy will all go down the drain if we don’t find some money, and fast.

We are not the only Championship club struggling financially....

If we don't get some investment for a bit of an overhaul I doubt he'll hang around tbh. Maybe he'll stay for 6 months and if we haven't sacked him by then he'll leave by mutual consent after a bust up with the board post January window would be my best bet. We're still not guaranteed a place in this division next season either so I'm not getting ahead of myself.  I'm not overly enamoured with Rooney as our manager so it wouldn't bother me a bit if he left, I'd be happy to snap up someone like Chris Wilder instead. 

Archived