The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

My Mrs is 7 months pregnant and she won’t be having the vaccine either. They’ve told her it’s safe but I’m fairly certain there wouldn’t have been swathes of pregnant women willing to take part in the trials so how would they know?!

Nah, I wouldn't want her to either. Just my opinion, but I don't think it's worth the possible consequences. 

Edited by Norman

44 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

You’re right the virus will always be here. Do you think the government will pay to vaccinate the entire population every year knowing full well most people won’t be severely affected? 

maybe next year they might but see it becoming like the flu jab

3 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I’m 30 and I’ve been offered the jab but I’ve been finding excuses not to go for the last 2 weeks. Im not “anti-vaxx” I’ve had all my immunisations and my 2 year old is up to date with all of hers. Quite frankly I’m worried about becoming one of the anomaly statistics that die after having the vaccine, when I’ve had mates that have had the virus and been ill for a week or so. I’m self employed also so even any short term side effects would hamper my ability to provide. A friend had his second jab 2 weeks ago and hasn’t been able to lift his arm above his head since, I know these are rare but they have to happen so somebody right?

My Mrs is 7 months pregnant and she won’t be having the vaccine either. They’ve told her it’s safe but I’m fairly certain there wouldn’t have been swathes of pregnant women willing to take part in the trials so how would they know?!

33 minutes ago, Norman said:

Nah, I wouldn't want her to either. Just my opinion, but I don't think it's worth the possible consequences. 

I agree with @Norman I would leave it for now with your Mrs

Just my opinion but as its been proven being vaccinated reduces transmission I would have it if I was you,  just to help prevent you bringing it home.

3 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I’m 30 and I’ve been offered the jab but I’ve been finding excuses not to go for the last 2 weeks. Im not “anti-vaxx” I’ve had all my immunisations and my 2 year old is up to date with all of hers. Quite frankly I’m worried about becoming one of the anomaly statistics that die after having the vaccine, when I’ve had mates that have had the virus and been ill for a week or so. I’m self employed also so even any short term side effects would hamper my ability to provide. A friend had his second jab 2 weeks ago and hasn’t been able to lift his arm above his head since, I know these are rare but they have to happen so somebody right?

I'm 60, i've decided not to have the jab just yet.

I've worked non stop through it all in a busy factory. I believe me and the missus (who works in a school) have already had it 18months ago. 

We would isolate immediately if we had symptoms and we follow work/school rules on masks, social distancing/hand washing etc so we don't believe we are a threat to any one else.

We are both tested regularly and I have a temperature test every day on entrance to work.

I don't believe you transmit the disease if you don't have symptoms, its common sense really when you stop to think about it without the paranoia of the daily news.

Everyone should use their own discretion but I would not be happy for my grandchildren to have an injection that does not have a good few years of testing and checking of long term side effects.

As long as we all act responsibly it shouldn't be a problem.

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I agree and I don’t think I’ve ever seen mass flu vaccinations dished out to 12 year olds.

Kids have flu vaccinations at school. It’s a nose spray though instead of an injection. My daughter has had one every year since she was 5 

Edited by Wolfie

Got my 2nd jab tomorrow.

Had 1st on the basis my parents would feel more comfortable.

2nd jab was scheduled for 15th and I'd kind of made my mind up that if restrictions had not been lifted I would not bother with it, having been ill after the 1st jab.

Got a text to say 2nd jab had been brought forward and I decided to bite the bullet and just have it done.

Tomorrow is the culmination of 14 months of following all of the rules that I was told would be the way out of the pandemic, needless to say any moving of the goalposts will not be favourably looked upon. 

1 hour ago, MrPlinkett said:

Just my opinion but as its been proven being vaccinated reduces transmission I would have it if I was you,  just to help prevent you bringing it home.

how do they know it's the vaccines reducing transmission? This time last year there was no vaccine, but a massive drop in numbers. I think it's more to do with weather/temperature.

@G STAR RAMI think you and I are pretty much aligned. I am failing to see anyone representing my concerns in public. Those that are willing to ask pretty basic questions, and point out that the logic isn't consistent appear to be ridiculed and discredited instead of answered.

We are being told to believe the very same people who we were told to believe 12-15mths ago who were proven to be full of crap in hindsight, so why aren't they full of crap now? Why are they SOoooooooooooooooo desperate to get everyone vaccinated  and anything wrong is subject to thinly-veiled link/accusations to being non-vaccinated.?

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

I don't think that the money actually comes out of MPs' pockets, so yes.

Really ??,,the money for other health areas , education, policing ,many social ills doesn’t come of mp s pockets either so,,, erm ??‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

@G STAR RAMI think you and I are pretty much aligned. I am failing to see anyone representing my concerns in public. Those that are willing to ask pretty basic questions, and point out that the logic isn't consistent appear to be ridiculed and discredited instead of answered.

We are being told to believe the very same people who we were told to believe 12-15mths ago who were proven to be full of crap in hindsight, so why aren't they full of crap now? Why are they SOoooooooooooooooo desperate to get everyone vaccinated  and anything wrong is subject to thinly-veiled link/accusations to being non-vaccinated.?

It just takes time , as more people start to ask questions it will get harder to suppress obvious contradiction s and holes in the logic , really it’s only the mass fear that’s been put on people that’s keeping things together, it’s not for no reason that behavioural scientists are right at the top of the expert’s giving advice 

on variants , isn’t it fairly accepted wisdom over years that variants tend to come about when it gets harder to pass from person to person rather than easy and they tend to not really want to kill their hosts so they survive and spread ? 

ive had both jabs now , wife and both children don’t want it so won’t have it ,, no matter how small the numbers it’s fair to say in the same way as has been said regards covid every death is important so if it is accepted that the vaccine could kill you no matter how small the risk then everyone has the right to decide for themselves without judgement from others 

50 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

how do they know it's the vaccines reducing transmission? This time last year there was no vaccine, but a massive drop in numbers. I think it's more to do with weather/temperature.

On a small scale - the people currently in hospital in Bolton with covid are mostly unvaccinated.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

On a small scale - the people currently in hospital in Bolton with covid are mostly unvaccinated.

Not saying it is or isn’t, but do you trust any data you read or hear to be true given the amount of statistics we’ve swallowed turning out to be inaccurate after the fact? 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sorry, just to clarify my question before, if everyone is still wearing masks, isolating when positive and social distancing, how can they attribute falling numbers on just vaccinations, but then on the other hand, say being vaccinated isnt enough to justify certain things??