The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

10 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

It's becoming increasingly clear that the current system REALLY doesn't work

MMT only doesn't work when you have a corrupt government using it to funnel money in the wrong direction (to the already super rich) rather than using it to create an equal sustainable society

People believing in MMT is the major reason why I am invested in gold because when all the endless money printing and national debt spirals out of control, the price of gold is going to the moon because most other assets will crash.

We cannot afford another lock down and sadly I think most people have no stomach to take sensible precautions either. 

Most people at work think we should just treat it like the common cold.

I will wear a mask whenever I think it’s appropriate and avoid crowded spaces especially in doors, social distance and use hand sanitizer whenever possible. 

Local doctor's surgery suspended all appointments and even the online system two weeks ago because of "It's Over". Phone line for emergencies only.

All patients advised to use NHS111.

Two weeks later, no change.

10 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Students find £10,000 for breaking the law by attending a house party during the pandemic. A millionaire gets find £50 for committing the same crime. 

Couldn't decide if I should post it here or in the joke thread.

By the end of January last year, a total of 196 people in England had been issued fixed penalty notices of £10,000 each for breaches of the Covid-19 regulations.

Obviously organising a snowball fight in Leeds is 200 times worse than organising a boozy party in Downing Street.

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

By the end of January last year, a total of 196 people in England had been issued fixed penalty notices of £10,000 each for breaches of the Covid-19 regulations.

Obviously organising a snowball fight in Leeds is 200 times worse than organising a boozy party in Downing Street.

First, wait for the Sue Gray report.

Then, wait for the police report.

Then, wait to see who gets issued fixed penalty notices.

Then, well a lot of time has passed, perhaps we should just forget about it.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

First, wait for the Sue Gray report.

Then, wait for the police report.

Then, wait to see who gets issued fixed penalty notices.

Then, well a lot of time has passed, perhaps we should just forget about it.

Did we actually think any of them would do the decent thing ? My days of bothering to vote are over again I’m afraid there really is no one or party out there that I can have any faith in , Johnson has just moved the bar further along on how badly you can behave and still be acceptable to lead the country 

Forget the political side of Johnson and Sunaks fines for a moment and concentrate on the fact that whatever they were telling us about the virus, how dangerous it was, how deadly it was, how desperately important it was to obey all the rules, day after day, its blatantly obvious that none of them were scared of it.

Ever. Right from day one, our expertly briefed ministers with all the available inside knowledge from SAGE, WHO etc, never once had any fear of Covid.

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Forget the political side of Johnson and Sunaks fines for a moment and concentrate on the fact that whatever they were telling us about the virus, how dangerous it was, how deadly it was, how desperately important it was to obey all the rules, day after day, its blatantly obvious that none of them were scared of it.

Ever. Right from day one, our expertly briefed ministers with all the available inside knowledge from SAGE, WHO etc, never once had any fear of Covid.

Even people like Ferguson who was briefing them had not a care in the world about it 

5 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I see where you are coming from, but remember that Johnson nearly died of it apparently. So he knew how dangerous it was, but still thought it cool to have parties. Cummings was clearly scared of it, ran off up north to potentially spread it further, like any good father would do (according to his cabinet apologists).

The people in charge have treated us with utter contempt. Again.

I remember writing here earlier this year about the potential long term effects of viruses, and the current thinking that things like Parkinson's Disease, MS, MND and other neuro degenerative disorders could be caused by them.

Finally it seems we have some hard evidence linking MS with a viral infection.

A new study shows a virus called EBV (which also causes glandular fever) is the likely culprit.

The good news is that scientists are working on a vaccine that can slow the progression of those infected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61042598.amp

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2022 at 19:09, therealhantsram said:

A new study shows a virus called EBV (which also causes glandular fever) is the likely culprit.

I've been following this, as I have two friends with MS. There must be far more to it. I had EBV really badly as a 19 year old and ended up in hospital for a couple of days. 30 years later and I don't have MS

Nonetheless - fingers very much crossed for a vaccine out of it

On 05/04/2022 at 10:56, Eddie said:

Local doctor's surgery suspended all appointments and even the online system two weeks ago because of "It's Over". Phone line for emergencies only.

All patients advised to use NHS111.

Two weeks later, no change.

Three weeks later, no change.

7 hours ago, Archied said:

Yep , it’s as if it’s fine and dandy for people to get/ be seriously I’ll or die from anything as long as it’s not covid 

Current Covid death toll over 2,000 a week and rising - and still the anti-maskers persevere with their spurious nonsense and deflection.

Just had a look at the data for the first time in a while...  It looks like the Govt have recently stopped producing detailed data on deaths, whilst the UK Covid Surveillance Report is still produced weekly the final time it included a breakdown of deaths was for the end of March.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1066759/Vaccine-surveillance-report-week-13.pdf

The percentage of covid deaths within 28 days or 60 days per age group and vaccination status are more or less the same.  The following is the breakdown for deaths within 60 days of a +ve covid test;

4067 Total Deaths

321 were unvaxxed (8%)

32 were unvaxxed under 50s  (0.7%)

2106 were 3x vaxxed over 80s (52%)

2711 were 3x vaxxed over 70s (66%)

2925 were 3x vaxxed over 60s (72%)

129 were 3x vaxxed under 60s (3%)

52 were 3x vaxxed under 50s (1%)

Some important caveats however include;

1.  They are total deaths within 60 days following a +ve covid test, approx 60% of covid deaths are 'with' not 'from'  covid.

2.  Total deaths mean exactly that - total deaths.  You are obviously far more likely to die from old age/age related illness as you get older.  Regardless of vaccination status 3789 (93%) of all the deaths were in the over 60s, 3439 (84%) were in the over 70s and 2614 (64%) were in the over 80s.

3.  Vaccine efficacy wanes to virtually nothing after a few months.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Current Covid death toll over 2,000 a week and rising - and still the anti-maskers persevere with their spurious nonsense and deflection.

So your saying over 2000 people a week in the U.K. are dying FROM covid ,, you still seem fixated with people choosing not to wear masks when you feel it is appropriate or not as you have made it clear you at times choose to be indoors maskless for your own enjoyment, claiming social distancing is in place and you feel the ventilation is right just does not cut it ,,, the ventilation was spot on at boris s garden party ,

people want and need to get on with normal lives , doctors and civil servants doing this too would help

Edited by Archied

41 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Just had a look at the data for the first time in a while...  It looks like the Govt have recently stopped producing detailed data on deaths, whilst the UK Covid Surveillance Report is still produced weekly the final time it included a breakdown of deaths was for the end of March.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1066759/Vaccine-surveillance-report-week-13.pdf

The percentage of covid deaths within 28 days or 60 days per age group and vaccination status are more or less the same.  The following is the breakdown for deaths within 60 days of a +ve covid test;

4067 Total Deaths

321 were unvaxxed (8%)

32 were unvaxxed under 50s  (0.7%)

2106 were 3x vaxxed over 80s (52%)

2711 were 3x vaxxed over 70s (66%)

2925 were 3x vaxxed over 60s (72%)

129 were 3x vaxxed under 60s (3%)

52 were 3x vaxxed under 50s (1%)

Some important caveats however include;

1.  They are total deaths within 60 days following a +ve covid test, approx 60% of covid deaths are 'with' not 'from'  covid.

2.  Total deaths mean exactly that - total deaths.  You are obviously far more likely to die from old age/age related illness as you get older.  Regardless of vaccination status 3789 (93%) of all the deaths were in the over 60s, 3439 (84%) were in the over 70s and 2614 (64%) were in the over 80s.

3.  Vaccine efficacy wanes to virtually nothing after a few months.

So if you had a positive covid result 59 days prior to being flattened by a steam roller, you’d be on the above statistics?

(yes I know steam rollers are diesel nowadays)