The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

3 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Hope you shake it off quickly.  Is that your first time? I seem to have avoided it, despite working with a lot of other people and no social distancing. Though I had something in January or February before the first lock down. Maybe that was it.

Yes, first time I've had it. Can't complain about my work - there's one way systems in place, rooms limited to maximum numbers inside, perspex screens on desks, face visors, temperature checks in and out, masks everywhere, socially distanced layouts in offices with desks unusable to maintain 2m space, cleaners constantly walking around sanitising doors and work areas. 

46 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Well, here I am. Finally caught it.

The best thing about it is you get to spend more time moderating the forum at a time it's really busy.

The worst bit about it is the tiredness, the raging pain in the throat, the coughing and sneezing.

Good job I had the vaccine. 

Get well soon. It you get bored, resurrect the politics thread for a week!

5 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

All restrictions gone by the end of March, even the requirement to stay at home if you have the virus! 

Let's bloody hope so.

I was trying to remember last night what it was like when we first locked down - crossing the road to avoid walking past people; only going out once a day for a walk with my daughter; everything closed & even park benches taped off. Made me shudder to reminisce about it.

19 hours ago, GboroRam said:

The best thing about it is you get to spend more time moderating the forum at a time it's really busy.

The worst bit about it is the tiredness, the raging pain in the throat, the coughing and sneezing.

Hope you feel better soon mate

49 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Genuine question: has this thread been quieter in recent days?

Usually the Jim Smith Room is one of the first places I come to when I sign in, but for obvious reasons all of my focus has been on Rams Talk recently.

When Shankly (almost) said "Football's not a matter of life and death - it's more important than that" perhaps he was on to something.

1 hour ago, ramit said:

In 2018, the EU set to text planning of a vaccination id card.

https://ec.europa.eu/health/system/files/2019-09/2019-2022_roadmap_en_0.pdf

Ah the old roadmap for the implementation of actions by the European Commission based on the commission communication and the council recommendation on strengthening cooperation against vaccine preventable diseases.

A sensible idea surely? Or alternatively - explain why it's not

On 18/01/2022 at 17:55, GboroRam said:

Look after yourself Buddy. Put your feet up @Boyciewill cover this thread for a day or two. What possibly could go wrong?

DB85F81A-3D14-497F-A5CC-8769D6700113.jpeg

On 18/01/2022 at 18:41, GboroRam said:

Yes, first time I've had it. Can't complain about my work - there's one way systems in place, rooms limited to maximum numbers inside, perspex screens on desks, face visors, temperature checks in and out, masks everywhere, socially distanced layouts in offices with desks unusable to maintain 2m space, cleaners constantly walking around sanitising doors and work areas. 

Best wishes.

10 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Ah the old roadmap for the implementation of actions by the European Commission based on the commission communication and the council recommendation on strengthening cooperation against vaccine preventable diseases.

A sensible idea surely? Or alternatively - explain why it's not

It is a plan to set up a vaccine passport.  This idea has been widely touted and in some countries implemented since Covid conveniently appeared, but hey ho, nothing to see here.

8 hours ago, ramit said:

It is a plan to set up a vaccine passport.  

No it isn't - it's a plan to set up a shared IIS. That's completely different to what you emotively term a "vaccine passport"

Immunisation information systems (IIS) are an important tool for vaccination programmes. They hold data both at the personal and population levels, and are a valuable resource for individuals and the community: individuals are empowered to make informed decisions on vaccination, while improving the ability to detect patterns of vaccination in the community leads to better targeted vaccination programmes and consequently better public health. Vaccination programmes are complex public health interventions that produce major health benefits. They are vulnerable to changes in public confidence and opinion. Immunisation programmes may be subject to controversy that has prevented achieving high uptake for some vaccines. Mitigating these controversies requires near to realtime demonstration of the efficacy and favourable safety profile of vaccines to reassure all concerned stakeholders, from the patient to the healthcare professionals.

Bearing in mind that this report is from long before covid19 was even a thing, I don't see much wrong with the above quote. As I say - seems a good idea