The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So it’s deliberately misleading. The main table is the proportion of living people who have died from the virus over a six month period. 

The comparison in the notes, if you are right is the proportion of dead people who died from other causes. Which is very misleading. Especially if you are a living 59 year old.

No it’s not. The only thing is it’s lumped all the 0-60 together in that stat, whereas in the table (middle column) the comparable statistic  has split it further. 

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The stats are correct so quit your Jibba jabbing.

There’s a bloke called Jamie Jenkins who has been and is ripping the misuse and dishonest reporting of stats apart simply by actually reporting the numbers rather than making them up???

46 minutes ago, Archied said:

There’s a bloke called Jamie Jenkins who has been and is ripping the misuse and dishonest reporting of stats apart simply by actually reporting the numbers rather than making them up???

Oh yes the media are often wrong in their reporting. But the stats from Ons will be right. I think this Jenkins used to work at the Ons.

10 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

They won’t publish the stats and I don’t think they know the longer term risks yet. Someone published some stats in US saying that Pfizer own tests suggested 1 in 34 risk of heart inflammation or death. I don’t believe those thats though. 

So assuming all vaccinations are that risk-laden, applying those ratios to the UK populous means that there are over 1.6 million people wandering around not knowing they now have an inflamed heart, or that they are in fact dead.

I suspect it'll be something of a shock when they find out!

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Oh yes the media are often wrong in their reporting. But the stats from Ons will be right. I think this Jenkins used to work at the Ons.

The media is one thing but we have government ministers and even the pm being totally wrong on them too and these are people who really need to be and are in a position to be right on them , especially as they are making massive policies on peoples lives on the basis of these numbers??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

No it’s not. The only thing is it’s lumped all the 0-60 together in that stat, whereas in the table (middle column) the comparable statistic  has split it further. 

It’s quoted percentages for COVID deaths. 2% for over 80s. What is that if not that 2% of all over 80s in the US died of COVID in a six month period? 

and so the comparison with that stat would be what proportion of under60s in the Us died from suicide in the same six month period.  And that proportion isn’t 1% that’s for sure.

Good job French president Emmanuel Macromicron stopped the Brits from entering France over Xmas, Tuesday 270K cases yesterday 332K. This time we can't blame the brits...bugger!

There is a whole raft of measures being introduced. Kids from the age 16 will be able to decide whether to be vaccinated, it was 18 before. Teachers will need FFP2 masks. "Pass vaccinal" to be introduced to go to restaurants, bars, cinemas, Theatres etc...

And to cap it all Macron said he wants to p!ss off the unvaccinated. 

French elections around the corner are going to be interesting...

30 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So assuming all vaccinations are that risk-laden, applying those ratios to the UK populous means that there are over 1.6 million people wandering around not knowing they now have an inflamed heart, or that they are in fact dead.

The way to bring down vaccine hesitancy is honestly and openness ( not antivax ) , I certainly don’t feel in a position to trust all we are told and not told , no matter what the motivation might be , as stated if we had a vaccine that stopped catching and spreading of this virus then I have a very different criteria to weigh up in my decision whether to take boosters or not??‍♂️,

I have a similar stance regards masks , in real world I think they possibly have a very small if any effect but would wear one indoors if we treated it like that but claims like they cut infections by 53% which emboldens morons ( male ) to get aggressive with people like my wife at school gates picking up children , outside ,not even indoors and allows people to virtue signal and demonise others just makes me say NO

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

This is a proper concern. Your average person won’t ordinarily put their heart under stress very often. However, there’s been an alarming number of professional athletes and sports people collapsing, dying and discovering new heart problems after vaccines. 

if you haven’t seen this video, please give it a watch.

Matt Le Tissier is an intelligent man, concise, clearly no nut job, has no agenda  has nothing to sell  

https://brandnewtube.com/v/IU2OtN

34 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

This is a proper concern. Your average person won’t ordinarily put their heart under stress very often. However, there’s been an alarming number of professional athletes and sports people collapsing, dying and discovering new heart problems after vaccines. 

Matt Le Tissier is an intelligent man, concise, clearly no nut job, has no agenda  has nothing to sell  

Why isn’t this on YouTube proper? Let me guess. 

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Why isn’t this on YouTube proper? Let me guess. 

Mate, when the bloke who invented mRNA is banned from social media for talking about mRNA, you’ve got no hope of whisteblowers being allowed to whistleblow at will. 

just to add, this video is seen as “dangerous and hateful media”! ?

Edited by Mostyn6
Add last sentence

13 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

They won’t publish the stats and I don’t think they know the longer term risks yet. Someone published some stats in US saying that Pfizer own tests suggested 1 in 34 risk of heart inflammation or death. I don’t believe those thats though. 

This below suggests the US Pfizer rate is about 1 in 241,000 (as opposed to 1 in 34)

The link between the Covid jabs and these two conditions, according to data, is strongest in younger men, and the median onset is within three days of vaccination.

But the risk is incredibly small, according to the data.

In the US 296 million doses of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine had been given by 11 June with 1,226 reports of myocarditis after vaccination.

And in the UK, up to July 2021, there were 149 reports of myocarditis and 129 reports of pericarditis following use of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, 82 reports of myocarditis and 140 reports of pericarditis following use of the AstraZeneca vaccine, and 25 reports of myocarditis and 22 reports of pericarditis following use of the Moderna vaccine.

This means the overall rates after both the first and second doses of Pfizer/BioNTech are 4.3 myocarditis cases per million doses and 3.8 pericarditis cases per million doses, for the rate is 1.7 myocarditis cases per million doses and 3.0 pericarditis cases per million doses, and for Moderna the rate is 14.7 myocarditis cases per million doses and 13.0 pericarditis cases per million doses.

There is a considerably stronger link between Covid patients and heart problems however.

According to figures, approximately 18 per cent of hospitalised patients suffering myocardial injury.

Meanwhile, in a US study of 1,597 athletes with recent SARS-CoV-2 infection, 0.31 per cent were diagnosed with myocarditis using a symptom-based screening strategy and 2.3 per cent were diagnosed with clinical or subclinical myocarditis.

Source: Public Health England

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

This below suggests the US Pfizer rate is about 1 in 241,000 (as opposed to 1 in 34)

You’re quoting vaccine statistics, I was talking about the supposed Pfizer trials data. Pfizer requested sealing the data for 55years. 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I only take immunology advice from England strikers with 10 or more caps buddy. Sadly, Matt does not qualify.

44 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I only take immunology advice from England strikers with 10 or more caps buddy. Sadly, Matt does not qualify.

That’s rather closed minded ,, I take my immunology and virology advice from behavioural scientists ?

serious question,, are there not any parts of this now that give you concern of where we are headed ?