The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

Does the study show that vaccinated and unvaccinated become infected and pass on Covid-19 at the same rate?

No. Regarding ‘becoming infected’: vaccinated persons are less likely to become infected than unvaccinated persons but they are still at risk of acquiring infection in the household setting (which involves close and prolonged exposure) with 25% of vaccinated contacts becoming infected. 

Professor Ajit Lalvani added: “The ongoing transmission we are seeing between vaccinated people makes it essential for unvaccinated people to get vaccinated to protect themselves from acquiring infection and severe COVID-19. We found that susceptibility to infection increased already within a few months after the second vaccine dose - so those offered a booster should get it promptly

https://www-imperial-ac-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.imperial.ac.uk/news/231557/covid-vaccines-effective-household-transmission-delta/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16381224396236&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.imperial.ac.uk%2Fnews%2F231557%2Fcovid-vaccines-effective-household-transmission-delta%2F

55 minutes ago, Archied said:

Don’t be naive

Naive about what? Anybody could have made money off this pandemic by buying shares or options in the health sector, tech stocks or AMZN.  You're the one who is being naive if you think this is all some grand plan to allow a select few to become incredibly rich while the rest of us suffer. It's absolute nonsense.

So please explain to the 'follow the money' phrase you've mentioned. What exactly do you mean by that?

24 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Does the study show that vaccinated and unvaccinated become infected and pass on Covid-19 at the same rate?

No. Regarding ‘becoming infected’: vaccinated persons are less likely to become infected than unvaccinated persons but they are still at risk of acquiring infection in the household setting (which involves close and prolonged exposure) with 25% of vaccinated contacts becoming infected. 

Professor Ajit Lalvani added: “The ongoing transmission we are seeing between vaccinated people makes it essential for unvaccinated people to get vaccinated to protect themselves from acquiring infection and severe COVID-19. We found that susceptibility to infection increased already within a few months after the second vaccine dose - so those offered a booster should get it promptly

https://www-imperial-ac-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.imperial.ac.uk/news/231557/covid-vaccines-effective-household-transmission-delta/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16381224396236&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.imperial.ac.uk%2Fnews%2F231557%2Fcovid-vaccines-effective-household-transmission-delta%2F

Ah ,,, I will be rushing pronto to get my booster ,,,, not

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ah ,,, I will be rushing pronto to get my booster ,,,, not

I'm 65 and getting my booster this friday 3rd, Now i'm a great sceptic about all this, I've seen a lot of anti vaxers wanting their freedoms back on marches in the media, I get that the pharma companys are making 100s of millions and more, My 92 year old Mother bless her passed last April 2020 in a nursing home in Derby, Her death certificate said "cause of death Covid-19"

I've had my 2 shots 6 months apart, Why all the fuss about an injection that could save your life, Is it inconvenient, Does it hurt, Are they injecting us with a chemical that tells the secret service everything we do from when we get up to when we go to bed.

I'm also anti mask...but will follow rules/requests as there are folks out there that as the above video shows are a little fragile, Sorry just don't get...and I dislike authority.

34 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Naive about what? Anybody could have made money off this pandemic by buying shares or options in the health sector, tech stocks or AMZN.  You're the one who is being naive if you think this is all some grand plan to allow a select few to become incredibly rich while the rest of us suffer. It's absolute nonsense.

So please explain to the 'follow the money' phrase you've mentioned. What exactly do you mean by that?

Yeah all those poor people living hand to mouth not rushing out and buying them shares ,,, what were they thinking , I bet most of the stupid buggers haven’t even got themselves a broker ?‍♂️,

As for follow the money , if you can’t figure that out best of luck and crack on

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Dig a bit and you will find vaccinated and unvaccinated are catching and spreading COVID pretty much the same , 

I don’t say this to you in an argumentative way as I find your posts  decent and respectful , I say it in the hope you get more peace of mind and have less to stress over whether others are vaccinated or not

Thanks, @Archied. I don't stress too much about it now, though I did at the beginning of the first lockdown as I think we all did when there was no vaccination, little information and we knew so little about how bad or otherwise it might be.

These days I am more pragmatic. I certainly don't live in fear or especially curtail what I do. Our whole family goes about daily life pretty much in the usual way, just that we wear masks in shops, avoid crowds if possible and take sensible measures to avoid getting ill. We still go to the pub, go out for meals, meet with friends and family, walk, picnic etc. I think travelling by air abroad for a holiday is an avoidable risk at the moment but the only reason we didn't go away on holiday this year in this country was because we've had a lot of expenses this year with a new  boiler,  a garden shed which blew down, a new concrete base for said shed and a broken prop shaft on the car!! We are going to have our first good holiday in two years in 2022 regardless of anything ! Absolutely nothing will stop us!. ? Except another string of household calamities.

Edited by Miggins

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'm 65 and getting my booster this friday 3rd, Now i'm a great sceptic about all this, I've seen a lot of anti vaxers wanting their freedoms back on marches in the media, I get that the pharma companys are making 100s of millions and more, My 92 year old Mother bless her passed last April 2020 in a nursing home in Derby, Her death certificate said "cause of death Covid-19"

I've had my 2 shots 6 months apart, Why all the fuss about an injection that could save your life, Is it inconvenient, Does it hurt, Are they injecting us with a chemical that tells the secret service everything we do from when we get up to when we go to bed.

I'm also anti mask...but will follow rules/requests as there are folks out there that as the above video shows are a little fragile, Sorry just don't get...and I dislike authority.

It’s not really a dislike of authority thing with me ,, I have just reached the point where I don’t trust a single word or action from our so called leaders and THEIR chosen experts and media anymore , who could forget the podium expert whittey (I think) refusing to be honest on the Cummings issue ??‍♂️,, paymasters , research grants , shares in certain companies , conflicts of interest , jabs for rich countries crumbs for poor countries ,,,, I really could sit here and write a 10 page list of stuff that has eroded any trust in these people , jeez it s not even just about them choosing their own experts it s choosing when to follow or ignore THEM 

so no , no more jabs for me , no more masks , no more lockdowns, I’m done ,I’m going to live my life the best way I can and look after myself and my family the way I think best??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

21 minutes ago, Archied said:

It’s not really a dislike of authority thing with me ,, I have just reached the point where I don’t trust a single word or action from our so called leaders and THEIR chosen experts and media anymore , who could forget the podium expert whittey (I think) refusing to be honest on the Cummings issue ??‍♂️,, paymasters , research grants , shares in certain companies , conflicts of interest , jabs for rich countries crumbs for poor countries ,,,, I really could sit here and write a 10 page list of stuff that has eroded any trust in these people , jeez it s not even just about them choosing their own experts it s choosing when to follow or ignore THEM 

so no , no more jabs for me , no more masks , no more lockdowns, I’m done ,I’m going to live my life the best way I can and look after myself and my family the way I think best??‍♂️

Genuine question, You won’t be going in any shops then and you’ll break the rules/laws if another lockdown is imposed?

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Genuine question, You won’t be going in any shops then and you’ll break the rules/laws if another lockdown is imposed?

I will be going in shops and I will not follow lockdown rules ,if that leads to arrests or whatever then they can bring it on ,, let’s see if the insulate Britain apologists are consistent 

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

I will be going in shops and I will not follow lockdown rules ,if that leads to arrests or whatever then they can bring it on ,, let’s see if the insulate Britain apologists are consistent 

So, do you make a habit of breaking rules simply because you don’t agree with them? Risking arrest (if it ever came to that) doesn’t sound like the best way to look after a family IMO but, everyone to their own.

I saw Extinction Rebellion were protesting outside Amazon sites this weekend. Online retailers will be key again this year for people buying loved ones gifts at Christmas, because they might not be comfortable in crowds or wearing masks in busy shopping centres. 

I look at groups like that I wonder if they ever think about other people apart from their own agenda. Completely ignorant of other people's situations. Why not consider the time of year you stage these kinds of protests. Achieved nothing again, funnily enough. I'm having to do my elderly grandparents Christmas shopping online as they've been ill, would help if lorry drivers/warehouse staff can get on with their jobs at the busiest time of the year.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Yeah all those poor people living hand to mouth not rushing out and buying them shares ,,, what were they thinking , I bet most of the stupid buggers haven’t even got themselves a broker ?‍♂️,

As for follow the money , if you can’t figure that out best of luck and crack on

What? Anybody can open a broker’s account and buy shares or options. Options on PFE stock goes for as little as $50usd. Even people living in third world countries can invest in that.

And no. I’m dumb. Please spell it out for me. What do you mean by follow the money?

You keep throwing this buzz phrase about. Please, explain it to me.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

So, do you make a habit of breaking rules simply because you don’t agree with them? Risking arrest (if it ever came to that) doesn’t sound like the best way to look after a family IMO but, everyone to their own.

Nope very much don’t make a habit of it thank you ,spent the last two years following rules I very much don’t agree with an I can tell you I’ve followed them better than a lot of hypocrites who supported those rules giving it the big un about how we all should but bending them to suit themselves,, 

as for looking after family ,I want my kids to think for themselves and be brave enough to stand up for what they think is right when they believe they need to

Edited by Archied

48 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

What? Anybody can open a broker’s account and buy shares or options. Options on PFE stock goes for as little as $50usd. Even people living in third world countries can invest in that.

And no. I’m dumb. Please spell it out for me. What do you mean by follow the money?

You keep throwing this buzz phrase about. Please, explain it to me.

And you keep throwing out privileged out of touch garbage that’s astoundingly crass and stupid ,

anybody can open a brokers account and buy shares or options ??????????

oh what a sheltered life we lead , there’s people that can’t even afford to feed they’re kids properly and don’t have the education/skills to help them with they’re homework let alone open a brokers account then peruse and buy shares and options and that’s just in this country let alone proper poor countries ,

reckon that’s enough explaining for you to be going on with for now ,come back for more if you ever actually grasp real life for real people beyond your life

Edited by Archied

4 hours ago, Archied said:

Dig a bit and you will find vaccinated and unvaccinated are catching and spreading COVID pretty much the same , 

I don’t say this to you in an argumentative way as I find your posts  decent and respectful , I say it in the hope you get more peace of mind and have less to stress over whether others are vaccinated or not

Dig a bit more and we find what you just said isn't actually true.  

46 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I can assure you that people working on the shop floor in factories on, or just above, minimum wage, are not about to open a brokers account. They haven't got the time or money after working unsociable shift hours,, looking after elderly relatives or helping out grown up kids with unpaid childcare, scratting  a bit of overtime to maybe afford a few extras for the house.....life is very tough for a hell of a lot of people out there Bris.