The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

But I have explained my reasoning - I pointed out the narrative of the article.  As with other similar ones it links flawed studies with anti-vaxxers, livestock Ivermectin and anecdotal evidence to the point where a lot of people ONLY think that Ivermectin is a horse de-wormer (see post above) and don't know that its been used safely by humans approx 4bn times over the course of 40 years...

Because the article is about the use of Ivermectin in treating covid - where it is relevant to "link flawed studies with anti-vaxxers, livestock Ivermectin and anecdotal evidence..."

Of what relevance is it to know you can use it for head lice treatment?! Deliberate fogging of a narrative? 

18 minutes ago, maxjam said:

All these studies say that ivermectin should not be used for treatment of covid-19 outside of a clinical trial. 

The BBC article is about people who are using ivermectin bought through unorthodox means, such as vetinarians, to do exactly what the studies tell us not to do. 

I don't think anyone is saying that trials of this drug aren't welcomed, they're pointing out the lunacy of self medicating using a horse dewormer against medical advice. 

There is a correlation between people who do not trust the vaccine and people willing to trust untrialled untested medicines. 

14 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

All these studies say that ivermectin should not be used for treatment of covid-19 outside of a clinical trial. 

The BBC article is about people who are using ivermectin bought through unorthodox means, such as vetinarians, to do exactly what the studies tell us not to do. 

I have never said it should be used to treat covid.  All I have done is argue against articles and posts such as the following that either deliberately or unknowingly dismiss Ivermectin as purely a drug for livestock and note that there are some very credible studies underway that may or may not find covid related benefits. ;

3 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Ivermectin a drug used for de-worming horses. A drug that the company that manufactures it, who  know exactly what's in it and  are telling people not to use it, as it has no benifit in the treatment of covid. A drug that has not only lead to people becoming seriously ill but sadly the death of many Americans who were  supid enough to take a drug designed for animals.

25 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I don't think anyone is saying that trials of this drug aren't welcomed, they're pointing out the lunacy of self medicating using a horse dewormer against medical advice. 

There is a correlation between people who do not trust the vaccine and people willing to trust untrialled untested medicines. 

I personally think that some people in the media - and this thread tbh, don't particularly care for the current trials and will revel with glee if they do find Ivermectin to be of no benefit.  Personally, I don't really care either way other than if it does end up helping its another thing to throw at covid - which surely has to be a good thing?

There maybe a 'correlation between people who do not trust the vaccine and people willing to trust untrialled untested medicines' in the same way as there was a correlation between the far right and Brexit.  It was a tool to smear people then and its a tool to smear people now.

2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

I think the last line is a generalisation geared to put people on one side or another , I’m willing to bet that the majority of those who are wary of the vaccine at this point would also not dream of taking ivermectin, anecdotaly i people ( my wife included ) who are in no rush to have the vaccine but would treat ivermectin and other unproven touted drugs with far more suspicioun and would not touch them with a barge pole??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Archied said:

I think the last line is a generalisation geared to put people on one side or another , I’m willing to bet that the majority of those who are wary of the vaccine at this point would also not dream of taking ivermectin, anecdotaly i people ( my wife included ) who are in no rush to have the vaccine but would treat ivermectin and other unproven touted drugs with far more suspicioun and would not touch them with a barge pole??‍♂️

Will you be having the flu jab?

43 minutes ago, Anon said:

Because you not having the flu jab is putting people who have had the flu jab in danger! Don't you know that's how vaccines work now?

If I'm trying to get into hospital for, say, kidney failure but the beds are full of flu and covid patients, you're 100% right. I'm vaccinated but the unvaccinated put me at risk. 

9 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

If I'm trying to get into hospital for, say, kidney failure but the beds are full of flu and covid patients, you're 100% right. I'm vaccinated but the unvaccinated put me at risk. 

The same way smokers, drinkers, drug users, fat people put us at risk by unnecessarily taking up hospital beds?

9 minutes ago, Anon said:

The same way smokers, drinkers, drug users, fat people put us at risk by unnecessarily taking up hospital beds?

Except there's a free, easy and safe way to reduce the chances of being in a hospital bed with flu or covid, and you can continue with your life relatively normally. 

If there was a jab that reduces the risk of alcohol related heart and liver disease, without needing any significant lifestyle changes, I'd be very critical of alcoholics who end up in hospital after refusing to have it. Wouldn't you? 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Except there's a free, easy and safe way to reduce the chances of being in a hospital bed with flu or covid, and you can continue with your life relatively normally. 

If there was a jab that reduces the risk of alcohol related heart and liver disease, without needing any significant lifestyle changes, I'd be very critical of alcoholics who end up in hospital after refusing to have it. Wouldn't you? 

There's a free, easy and safe way to reduce the chances of being in a hospital bed due to drinking, smoking, drug use, and poor diet. It's called willpower and you don't need a jab for it.

6 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Well I’m 60 and never taken up a hospital bed with flu , never been to a doctor with flu , strangely enough I have had need to see a doctor last week ( never see the doctor ) and it was a nightmare, had to fight tooth and nail to get a doctor to actually see me ,, now if I want a covid jab or a flu jab they can see me in the blink of an eye 

mission creep ,,, the self appointed now want to tell me to have flu jab or else I’m putting them at risk ,, well boys in the vein of above posts I will trade off my tee total status against flu jab and those prepared to never again drink and put me at risk in the same scenario crack on and moralise all you want ,    As predicted covid has opened the floodgates for those that want to tell everyone what to do ,

ive paid my taxes and NI for years whilst virtually never needing anything back so if flu is what gets me in the end ??‍♂️