The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

21 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

To be fair, as a proportion the vaccinated are being admitted at higher rates. 

And?

As a proportion, more men get and die of cancer.

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

To be fair, as a proportion the vaccinated are being admitted at higher rates. 

Nobody would have an argument if they said that tbh.  Its been hovering around 35-45% for the past few months - which is nowhere near the 90% everyone keeps quoting.

Furthermore, unlike earlier in the pandemic we were constantly being told that most of those going into hospital had 'comorbidities', that seems to be a forgotten term these days. 

The average age of people dying with covid is still 82.  The average age of those being hospitalized with covid is 74.  If you have an underlying health problem you are far more likely to die than those without and over 50% of all covid related deaths have been in the obese. 

As Jamie Jenkins said in the tweet I posted earlier, MPs from all parties don't seem to know what the current situation is and regularly vote whether or not to put restrictions on the rest of us.  

Here is another one;

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-hospital-activity/

'As shadow Health and social care secretary I would have thought you would visited this page at least once.'

I am happy to call all the MPs in question utterly incompetent or trapped in their echo chamber but personally think its far worse than that - despite being corrected numerous times and having the data freely available they seem intent on pushing a false narrative, that many people believe warrants futher restrictions.

14 hours ago, maxjam said:

Nobody would have an argument if they said that tbh.  Its been hovering around 35-45% for the past few months - which is nowhere near the 90% everyone keeps quoting.

Furthermore, unlike earlier in the pandemic we were constantly being told that most of those going into hospital had 'comorbidities', that seems to be a forgotten term these days. 

The average age of people dying with covid is still 82.  The average age of those being hospitalized with covid is 74.  If you have an underlying health problem you are far more likely to die than those without and over 50% of all covid related deaths have been in the obese. 

As Jamie Jenkins said in the tweet I posted earlier, MPs from all parties don't seem to know what the current situation is and regularly vote whether or not to put restrictions on the rest of us.  

Here is another one;

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-hospital-activity/

'As shadow Health and social care secretary I would have thought you would visited this page at least once.'

I am happy to call all the MPs in question utterly incompetent or trapped in their echo chamber but personally think its far worse than that - despite being corrected numerous times and having the data freely available they seem intent on pushing a false narrative, that many people believe warrants futher restrictions.

Lets say you are correct and i believe that you are, the question becomes why would they lie, why would they want further restrictions, if there is no need for them?

56 minutes ago, ramit said:

Lets say you are correct and i believe that you are, the question becomes why would they lie, why would they want further restrictions, if there is no need for them?

It's been transparently obvious for a while now that all government messaging has been designed to drive vaccine take up

9 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

It's been transparently obvious for a while now that all government messaging has been designed to drive vaccine take up

Or the government are scared to death to do anything different because of the gullible mass who have bought into and championed the MSM Covid mass hysteria poo storm……….

1 hour ago, ramit said:

I don't know tbh and don't really wanna head down any conspiracy theory rabbit holes, but the sheer number of politicians and media that are repeating blatantly false information is quite staggering.  Yes you can argue that they want to drive vaccination uptake but what ultimately is the end result of spreading so much misinformation?  The public demand action, resulting in passports that don't work, lockdowns that are not needed and social division.

For politicians to keep repeating the same 'lies' there are only really 3 conclusions;

1.  They have heard it from their peers (done no research) and will vote accordingly based on poor information.

2.  They are actively spreading misinformation, leading to panic and further restrictions etc.

3.  They are idiots but have to be seen doing something.

16 hours ago, sage said:

Also. That car doesn't have a spare tyre. He would have had to get me home or to a tyre place that was open. 

Ah I was presuming they'd appear with a spare and fit it. Guess not. I do hate that many cars don't have spares nowadays. Just as I hate a lot of the irrational Covid hysteria. At least England isn't currently bringing in additional restrictions for the time being. 

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ah I was presuming they'd appear with a spare and fit it. Guess not. I do hate that many cars don't have spares nowadays. Just as I hate a lot of the irrational Covid hysteria. At least England isn't currently bringing in additional restrictions for the time being. 

Well I told the truth and kept others safe, despite being against my own self interest. 

All calm amd rational here. 

8 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

The problem is that if you clearly tell lies all you do is turn more people away from having the vaccine/ boosters ,you can only cry wolf so many times??‍♂️

3 observations from the last couple of days:-

1 - Of the 9600 people being reported as in hospital WITH Covid, 30% of them are in hospital from something completely unrelated and caught the virus is hospital. This is still a staggeringly high number.

2 - Of these 9600, only 668 were confirmed or suspected Omicron cases. 

3 - I ventured into the city centre after the match on Monday and it was pretty much a ghost town. Started at the White Horse which was as busy as usual but everywhere after that was completely dead. Think its time fot another 3 line slogan from the Government

DON'T STAY AT HOME

PROTECT HOSPITALITY

SAVE LIVELIHOODS

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

3 observations from the last couple of days:-

1 - Of the 9600 people being reported as in hospital WITH Covid, 30% of them are in hospital from something completely unrelated and caught the virus is hospital. This is still a staggeringly high number.

2 - Of these 9600, only 668 were confirmed or suspected Omicron cases. 

3 - I ventured into the city centre after the match on Monday and it was pretty much a ghost town. Started at the White Horse which was as busy as usual but everywhere after that was completely dead. Think its time fot another 3 line slogan from the Government

DON'T STAY AT HOME

PROTECT HOSPITALITY

SAVE LIVELIHOODS

Four or two is the new three.

(Sorry, that's seven)

10 hours ago, Archied said:

The problem is that if you clearly tell lies all you do is turn more people away from having the vaccine/ boosters ,you can only cry wolf so many times??‍♂️

I think you're generalising somewhat - there is obviously a certain type of person who was never going to take the vaccine and yes, the more this incompetent government push the messaging, the more they feel vindicated in their choice

But I have been surprised by the amount of people who have taken the vaccine having been eligible for nearly a year. I guess some just wanted to be cautious about being the guinea pigs, and now we've had a year of vaccinations with no mass-reported ill-effects they feel more comfortable having it

16 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I think you're generalising somewhat - there is obviously a certain type of person who was never going to take the vaccine and yes, the more this incompetent government push the messaging, the more they feel vindicated in their choice

But I have been surprised by the amount of people who have taken the vaccine having been eligible for nearly a year. I guess some just wanted to be cautious about being the guinea pigs, and now we've had a year of vaccinations with no mass-reported ill-effects they feel more comfortable having it

Yep probably generalising, anecdotal, from people I know and certainly based on how I react to that kind of dishonesty ??‍♂️

13 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

"Boris Johnson has urged people to get their booster vaccine as he said up to 90% of those in intensive care had not had their third Covid jabs."

No need to fact check this one, Johnson always tells the truth, that's why he's the PM.

There was an mp the other day on the radio can’t remember his name , he stated similar and was clear that any vaccinated hospitalised through covid had other health issues , the unvaccinated were there because they were unvaccinated,no mention whether they or any number of them had other health issues ??‍♂️,

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

There was an mp the other day on the radio can’t remember his name , he stated similar and was clear that any vaccinated hospitalised through covid had other health issues , the unvaccinated were there because they were unvaccinated,no mention whether they or any number of them had other health issues ??‍♂️,

Give it a rest, if you can't trust Johnson, who can you trust!