The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

13 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

No game for me. The line is getting darker the better I feel. I can see how it spreads because I feel like it’s gone no symptoms at all.

image.jpg

Mine is very feint again. I guess you can get different viral loads 

IMG-20211227-WA0000.jpeg

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

No game for me. The line is getting darker the better I feel. I can see how it spreads because I feel like it’s gone no symptoms at all.

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Also have you had your booster over 3 weeks ago?

I only had mine last week. That’s when I think I caught it. Thanks a lot Kingsmill. 

5010092093441_0_XL.jpg

Please can someone confirm if a non-infectious person can show a feint line because they have had a booster?

(It doesn't say anything about it in my two testing booklets, which say that a feint line is positive result!)

Maybe there are different tests with different ways to read the results?

Also, the booklets that I have seen for two of the tests say not to read the results after 30 minutes.

What worries me is if people are finding reasons to think that positive results are actually negative! So, please do explain how the boosters affect the test line.

Edited by Ken Tram

Rapid antigen tests do not pick up effects of vaccines. If you've got a line, however feint (as long as you've not left it out for hours and hours) - it's detected proteins of the virus.

The tests generally can't detect low levels hence the can't rule out an infection but basically can confirm one.

False positives are rare, but should be backed up by a pcr.

Edited by alexxxxx

This post on net mums explains that it is only feint lines appearing between 15 and 30 minutes that indicate a positive result.

Lines appearing after 30 minutes do not count.

The tests are not fully accurate, but I worry in case people conflate that with a feint line being "less" positive. (Unless there is an article that says that this is the case.)

The Independent article (a few posts above) says that the lateral flow tests are about 90% accurate at the point when people are most infectious. And that they're also useful for when people are infectious, but not showing any symptoms. And it says that anyone with symptoms should get the more accurate and sensitive PCR test.

Edited by Ken Tram

35 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Please can someone confirm if a non-infectious person can show a feint line because they have had a booster?

(It doesn't say anything about it in my two testing booklets, which say that a feint line is positive result!)

Maybe there are different tests with different ways to read the results?

Also, the booklets that I have seen for two of the tests say not to read the results after 30 minutes.

What worries me is if people are finding reasons to think that positive results are actually negative! So, please do explain how the boosters affect the test line.

I just find it strange that I got a really dark line straight away from my test and my missus only gets a faint line after 15 mins. The only difference is she had a booster 3 months ago where as I had mine last week.

1 hour ago, Ken Tram said:

This article from the Independent 4 hours ago, says that all feint lines are positive. It doesn't mention the possible impact of a booster.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/covid-lateral-flow-test-report-omicron-b1982704.html

Are there any articles that day that the booster can cause a feint line?

The laterals pick up protein spikes. Not antibodies. So you can rule the booster out. 

6 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

image.jpg

Update. 

On the way back form the PCR test, I got a flat tyre. This typer of car doesn't have a spare. Foot pump broke after a few seconds. 

AA wouldn't come out as ai have Covid. Walked 2 miles home with bad knee. Left car in supermarket car park 

Come on Derby, cheer me up