Derby v Huddersfield match day thread.

Boycie

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Dont get me wrong we aren't playing fantastic maclarenesque football but we are putting a massive effort in which is partly making up for it.

Exactly and it's getting results. I don't care how we play when we are down the bottom

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Good ref so far. Anonymous 

Agree. He's being helped by the fact that both sides just getting up and getting on with the game. It's so much better when players aren't rolling around trying to get people booked. I hope it continues second half.

On 20/02/2021 at 09:14, Jimbo Ram said:
1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Bore draw please. 

A string lineup. Wingbacks are better than our wingers. Keep it the same in second half. We do have some bruisers at CH these days. Byrne crossing is almost unbelievable - premier League standard.

Decent first half from us. Started very slowly and didn’t really look at it, but we grew into the game as it went on and created some good chances, particularly from crosses. Superb again by Byrne for the goal. Been some nice play through midfield as well, not all been lumping it up to the strikers. Need some more intelligence though, both when on the ball, and when making attacking runs. Some of our play in possession has been lax - we need to retain our focus. Back three has looked a little shaky at times as well, players not used to playing the system, or with each other for that matter. Improvement still needed in the second half.

43 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Give up with my sky ??

Rams ‘ blurry ball ‘ tv it is.

Holmes looking dangerous ? 

Have you updated your software for your box. I had the same problem and that has sorted it. Takes a while. Once done reset from standby. Good luck

After a slow start we got a foothold and the super team doing the dead ball routines played a big part in creating havoc. 

Have looked more solid since then and Huddersfield are incredibly slow and passive in possession.  There is space behind Byrne and Buchanan but they aren't exploiting it. Edders looks a really good player. 

Our 3 midfield are way too similar and are severely lacking in pace and attacking intent. All the danger is from our wingbacks. Gregory has been totally anonymous again, really doesn't seem to ever be where the ball is. 

Richards has been brilliant and worked so hard but just isn't a natural finisher.

Weirdly a few players aren't really playing that well but we seem relatively comfortable. 

Just now, Ellafella said:

Wiz in a wrestle. But Kaz in a cut-throat razor fight though I’d fancy Wiz to gouge one of his eyes out and possibly crush one of his testicles. Close though.

These bloody nights at the joiners have to stop...

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Agree. He's being helped by the fact that both sides just getting up and getting on with the game. It's so much better when players aren't rolling around trying to get people booked. I hope it continues second half.

Also helps that must be one of the least intense games we've ever played. 

Archived