Derby v Huddersfield match day thread.

Boycie

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First half done;

Very weird game, both teams look like they are playing within themselves but Derby definitely deserve their lead. HTFC had the first 10 mins but since then bar a couple of mins Derby have been in control.

2nd half would like to see Byrne given the ball more on the right wing, his crosses have been spot on.

Overall positive for Derby, not sure on the lack of pressing but seems to be working.

1 minute ago, LincsRam said:

Last 5 mins, total control from Derby

We aren't able to string more than two passes together - we're playing football Rowett would be pleased with. They look threatening every time the attack down either wing. The 5 at the back is not working, it robs us of real attacking quality and makes us jittery at the back cos they don't look comfortable playing the system. IMHO.

Decent half. We seemed to struggle early on with the new system but once we got to grips with it I thought we looked on the whole pretty comfortable out of possession. Byrne whilst struggling defensively with their wing back, he definitely had the upper hand going forward. That is going to be a key battle in this game. Buchanan solid again too. 

Comfortably the better side once we knocked the stuffing out them..clearly fragile after such a long losing run.

Desperately need that second goal though and we will cement the win if we can get it,I'm sure.

Dont get me wrong we aren't playing fantastic maclarenesque football but we are putting a massive effort in which is partly making up for it.

32 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Very different emotions watching Richard Keogh have a stampy tantrum for the other team.

Indeed. Pure schadenfreude now. The twit.

He wouldn't need to throw a tantrum if he could actually organise a defence. 

If your 'experienced' and 'respected' senior colleague did that in any job in the real world you'd laugh in their face.

If I was Rooney I'd say , play a lot better in the 2nd half, score 5 goals and dont concede any.

don't know what's hard about this management lark. 

Archived