George Edmundson

Rambalin

1 hour ago, Bob Gnarly said:

Really like their striker, managed to put a goal in both nets..

In all seriousness though, IF Wycombe go down, surely he's the type of striker we look at?

Never mind if Wycombe go down let’s try to sign him anyway - I loved his effort and aggression in the right ways  

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

He was good. But heading not quite Matt Clarke standard. Still good though.

Still drives me nuts that our defenders head the ball, when under no pressure, without any idea of where it will end up. 

Honestly, next game look at how often our headers reach team mates compared to the opposition. 

Thought he did ok last night, but I’m not convinced there’s that much cause for excitement based on that one performance. He looked pretty strong and won his headers well, but I thought some of his passing was a bit off and directionless. Possibly just a bit of rustiness to be fair, he’s been out for a while with a fairly major injury. But I’m not sure we can draw any conclusions off one game, especially not that match which was a truly dreadful spectacle. 

I will say, however, that I was impressed with some of his driving runs out of defence. Very Keoghesque, and we’ve missed that.

53 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

He's played one game and he's Gerard Pique. 

He's doing better than MTW so that's positive I suppose. 

I thought he was more Beckenbauer than Pique 

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Thought he did ok last night, but I’m not convinced there’s that much cause for excitement based on that one performance. He looked pretty strong and won his headers well, but I thought some of his passing was a bit off and directionless. Possibly just a bit of rustiness to be fair, he’s been out for a while with a fairly major injury. But I’m not sure we can draw any conclusions off one game, especially not that match which was a truly dreadful spectacle. 

I will say, however, that I was impressed with some of his driving runs out of defence. Very Keoghesque, and we’ve missed that.

I understand the sentiment of not getting too carried away but the fact there were more positives than negatives to his display suggests to me that there is more to come from him. Especially when you factor in that it was his first game back after a lay off and that he fitted in seamlessly part the way through the game too which is difficult enough when you're fully match fit. 

It's comforting to know we now have capable options at centre half. It was a problem that needed addressing and thankfully we seem to have succeeded with that. 

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I understand the sentiment of not getting too carried away but the fact there were more positives than negatives to his display suggests to me that there is more to come from him. Especially when you factor in that it was his first game back after a lay off and that he fitted in seamlessly part the way through the game too which is difficult enough when you're fully match fit. 

It's comforting to know we now have capable options at centre half. It was a problem that needed addressing and thankfully we seem to have succeeded with that. 

Definitely good to have some numbers in there. We were short already before the injuries to Davies and Bielik. Leaves in a much better position when injuries do strike like what happened to Clarke last night.

2 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Started quite well.

He had a good go at trying to stop their big maundering centre forward. 

Giving as good has he got. 

Which took a bit of doing. I cannot think of any disadvantage to having him on our books. Akinfenwa is even stronger which takes a bit of doing. Ikpeazu sent Colin flying like no other has done.

22 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

That was his first game for quite a while so under the circumstances he did quite well....

On 17/02/2021 at 19:46, Steve How Hard? said:

I understand the sentiment of not getting too carried away but the fact there were more positives than negatives to his display suggests to me that there is more to come from him. 

Bob Malcolm was amazing his first game…

Archived