George Edmundson

Kyle guest

6 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Well, not quite! But he certainly looks a unit and whilst I don't want a team full of brutes, I always felt we've lacked this kind of CB in the champ.  We are tougher atm and not getting so bullied to be fair.

Definitely like this about Rooney. He seems to understand what it takes to be successful in this division.

You have to have a mix of physicality and talent. In the past too many of our managers haven’t given enough attention to the teams physicality, many of our fans are this way inclined too.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

We haven't signed him. My question was where's the evidence that we're even interested, other than social media?

Respected Journalist, Nixon might get a few wrong but to be fair to him he gets a fair few right. 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not one I’ve heard much about, but CB is definitely a priority, especially now Evans is leaving. A loan will cover Davies injury.

CB was a priority before as we won't see Davies play again for Derby I don't think (out of contract at the end of the season, pretty old and presumably one of the remaining higher earners we want off the books). We need to replace him permanently (and Clarke) so a loan should only be entertained to give us breathing space or because our identified replacement is not available/overpriced.

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

CB was a priority before as we won't see Davies play again for Derby I don't think (out of contract at the end of the season, pretty old and presumably one of the remaining higher earners we want off the books). We need to replace him permanently (and Clarke) so a loan should only be entertained to give us breathing space or because our identified replacement is not available/overpriced.

I agree, if Davies, Clarke and probably Wisdom as well leave in the summer, then we will be needing to sign 3 CB’s in the next window. A lot of work to do. Right now though, given the financial mess we’re in, a loan to cover for Davies is probably all we can hope for.

Archived