George Edmundson

Kyle guest

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Byrne, Jozwiak, Clarke?

Yes they're examples of good recruitment but it still doesn't change the fact we're yet again looking at signing players who have been sacked from their clubs, haven't played in ages and aren't match fit. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I was stating that there doesn't appear to be much middle ground veering from one extreme to the other. 

But that's just my observation anyway.

Hey ho. 

I lot of these rumours will be based on conversations that the club will have had with agents, who would have been straight on the blower to a journalist friend in order to publicise it and generate interest from other clubs.

I can't imaging they'd all come through and we end up with a bunch of players wheezing through games like they are on 40 a day because they are not fit. But who knows? Perhaps we are aiming for that authentic Sunday morning look. The pitch certainly thinks so.

39 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It seems to be the recruitment policy at Derby now. Probably because they're cheap. Get players in who haven't played in ages and aren't match fit. Ibe, Mendez Laing and now this guy. Don't like the strategy to be honest. We're taking gambles on too many of these players

It’s fine if we are comfortable in the table and the squad is relatively ok in quality and quantity as you can then take your time with them and integrate them properly.

With the exception of Laing these players are fit and training with their clubs. Granted they may not be match fit but fit enough to give us squad depth and build match fitness from the bench. 

Not all players need a number of matches before be effective in games... Paul McGrath being a case in point in the past. 

47 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Yes they're examples of good recruitment but it still doesn't change the fact we're yet again looking at signing players who have been sacked from their clubs, haven't played in ages and aren't match fit. 

Other than social media tittle tattle, what evidence do you have to come to this conclusion?

2 hours ago, Andrew3000 said:

Known as the fridge for his extreme physical presence apparently. Let the puns begin....

There's only one fridge - NFLs William Perry for the Chicago Bears in the 1980s.

If he's named after him then that means he weighs about 23 stone and can run about 3 yards but watch out if he topples on top of you.....?

18 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Absolute bargain

4 hours ago, DCFC1976 said:

Bizarre, Mendez-Laing not played for ages not match fit and sacked by his previous club, and this guy disciplined by his club and again not match fit?! ?

These bad boys aren’t fit .... to play for the Rams

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

There's only one fridge - NFLs William Perry for the Chicago Bears in the 1980s.

If he's named after him then that means he weighs about 23 stone and can run about 3 yards but watch out if he topples on top of you.....?

Well, not quite! But he certainly looks a unit and whilst I don't want a team full of brutes, I always felt we've lacked this kind of CB in the champ.  We are tougher atm and not getting so bullied to be fair.

Archived