George Edmundson

Kyle guest

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

No no no.....calm down and take a breath. You have misunderstood my point. Of course we are short at centre back. I do follow the team. My point is, despite bringing a couple of centre halves in, which we definitely need, I would stick with the current pairing until we are forced in to a change. Is that ok with you. Now sit down and take a chill pill ?

You responded to a comment about the new players saying we should stick with what we have , they doesn't emply that we need to sign players but not put them in the starting 11 , easy to get mixed up, yes it's working at the moment,  but it's still potentially make or break if we don't sign one centre back as cover , im chilled just getting bored of seeing people say we don't centre backs , and bored of the people making out like Evans isn't important because he's an average player , banging my head against a wall 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

You responded to a comment about the new players saying we should stick with what we have , they doesn't emply that we need to sign players but not put them in the starting 11 , easy to get mixed up, yes it's working at the moment,  but it's still potentially make or break if we don't sign one centre back as cover , im chilled just getting bored of seeing people say we don't centre backs , and bored of the people making out like Evans isn't important because he's an average player , banging my head against a wall 

We need at least one centre back, possibly 2 if Evans leaves, agreed. Also need a centre forward ?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We need at least one centre back, possibly 2 if Evans leaves, agreed. Also need a centre forward ?

Still think letting Evans go is a bad mistake now beilik is out, going to be like in midfield playing 4-3-3 now too so could argue that we need another centre mid, highly doubt we are going to get all the positions covered 

Only 23 so a decent age to get him in at, even if he ends up as back up cb next season.

Cost Rangers 650k apparently so I reckon we could get him for a similar price, they seem happy to get rid so to get their money back they will be happy I am sure. They have already signed his replacement too.

Maybe a small loan fee which comes off the total price? 100k now, 300k upfront in the summer then 250k in installments.

17 minutes ago, enachops said:

Looking at the Rangers forum, a fair few seem to rate him. Not good enough for their side and messed up with the covid breach, but lots of potential, pace, physical and can play. They seemed pretty positive overall so could be a decent option. 

I am still convinced that they play in a worse league than us for quality of football so if he's good enough for us then he should be good enough for them , what do you think?

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I am still convinced that they play in a worse league than us for quality of football so if he's good enough for us then he should be good enough for them , what do you think?

No doubt about it, SPL is no where near the standard of the Championship ?

50 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I assume him and Mengi are coming in to replace Evans and the injured Davies. Gives us depth to plays 3 at the back more often. 

Edmundson seems very much right sided, and has played in a 3. Also played full back on rare occasions.

Mengi mostly plays on the left of a 2.

Imagine they are an option and cover respectively.

Archived